Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Need help picking a strut tower bar

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 10:06 AM
SteedaGus
Former Sponsor

and stronger design, IMO, than the Steeda.
Fays = mild steel

Steeda = chrome moly alloy steel - 2x stronger than mild steel.

Our system is stronger than any mild steel manufactured unit, by far....
Old 01-08-2009, 10:16 AM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

Not to be a stickler Gus because I have a lot of respect for your stuff, but in testing I've seen a lot of steel that's quite a bit stronger than chrome moly. It's all in the production process and the quality of the materials that you are using, wouldn't you agree?
Old 01-08-2009, 12:27 PM
SteedaGus
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by EagleStroker
Not to be a stickler Gus because I have a lot of respect for your stuff, but in testing I've seen a lot of steel that's quite a bit stronger than chrome moly. It's all in the production process and the quality of the materials that you are using, wouldn't you agree?
As a "generic" statement to steel in general, yes. As a factual statement to parts manufactured in the Mustang aftermarket. NO WAY

Heat treating can be applied to mild steel or chrome moly alloy. The level of heat treating determines strength. It is possible to heat treat mild steel to be stronger than chrome moly alloy. Heat treating of mild steel is something that is done for specific purposes and is not normally done on mild steel tubing. The mild steel tubing used to build Mustang aftermarket parts is not the highly heat treated stuff that can be made stronger than chrome moly. If it were then it would not be cheaper than chrome moly alloy, it would be more.

Cheap steel = cheap part price. You can't make it out of stronger, more expensive highly heat treated steel and charge less money. Not happening.

I can assure you the chrome moly alloy we use to make all our parts has a higher yield and tensile strengths than any mild steel used by our competitors.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:41 PM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

Just so we are clear I was in no way shape or form attacking the quality of your product, simply stating a fact. Thanks for that explanation though, I don't really care for cheap products when it comes to something that's a suspension part. It's definitely "you get what you pay for" with something like that. Question, do you offer your brace w/o the steeda logo?
Old 01-08-2009, 03:34 PM
A1SALEEN
3rd Gear Member

Gus... thank you so very much for chiming in, it's great to know we have someone from steeda on our forum.... Gus is right... I spent 5 years of my life working in heat treating... it is always best to start out with a good steel.... rather than a low quality one that has been heat treated.... Heat treating is a hole other topic that i could go on for hours
Old 01-08-2009, 03:49 PM
SteedaGus
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by EagleStroker
Just so we are clear I was in no way shape or form attacking the quality of your product, simply stating a fact. Thanks for that explanation though, I don't really care for cheap products when it comes to something that's a suspension part. It's definitely "you get what you pay for" with something like that. Question, do you offer your brace w/o the steeda logo?
No worries, I know you weren't attacking us. Its a good thing. Its not often I get to answer actual intelligent questions.... We don't get those every day haha

You talking about our double bar steel brace? The Steeda logo is a plate that bolts on. You can leave it off and it would just look like an all black brace.

http://www.steeda.com/products/steed...ower_brace.php

Gus