Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

saleens best is now gone!!!!!

Old 01-20-2009, 05:21 AM
sftdyna
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jess Albright
Thank you for all your kind words!!
I still stand strong in saying that I think that Saleen Inc is a viable and valuable company to someone who really cares about the history of not only Saleen but Mustang's in the past 25 years. I strongly believe that they will find a buyer very soon, and hopefully they will have the interest to promote and invest in the company. With that being said I really think whoever buys it needs to invest and promote just as much in the history of the company as its future!! Because the simple fact is without its past there is no future for Saleen! I think that there is plenty of room for competing companies such as Roush, SMS, Steeda, etc. I think that everyone of those companies have something different to bring to the table and competition only makes everyone step it up and make things better and better.
I look forward to the future both for Saleen and for myself, I am sure I will find something that I will enjoy doing just as much as I truly enjoyed working for Saleen in the past 4 years. I will still be around to answer questions when needed, and hopefully assist some of you owners with questions that you may have.

Thank you

Jess Albright
well buddy, and im sure you no where this is going but if saleen has a buyer they made one big mistake loosing you!! as a matter of fact as soon as i finish my watts link my car is up for sale!! with out you there to look over all of us, we will be at the mercy of some tuners, and no one to properly back our warranties. jess il speak to you soon brother, and im sure by now you actually know how much you will be missed.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:28 AM
sftdyna
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by aynjell
While I never would have been able let myself pay for a saleen, it's sad to know that they will be no more. I always liked the cars, but just not the price tags.

Hopefully saleen pulls through. Jesse, I'm sure there's a future for you somewhere, hell, any ford dealership would probably take you on!
i bet if jack rousch new how we felt about jess and what he could bring to the table they send a f...in limo for him!!! id buy one tomorrow.

Last edited by sftdyna; 01-20-2009 at 05:31 AM.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:08 AM
S281 E
5th Gear Member

Jess any thoughts about going to Tecno or SMS?
Old 01-20-2009, 06:03 PM
Jess Albright
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by S281 E
Both of them are located in CA, I am in MI, I don't plan on moving any time soon. Even though the weather is much better there!!
Old 01-20-2009, 06:35 PM
A1SALEEN
3rd Gear Member

I'm willing to say I have a gut feeling that Steve Saleen will have his company back with in a year......
Old 01-20-2009, 08:49 PM
aynjell
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by S281 E
What exactly are those companies?
Old 01-20-2009, 09:23 PM
tonylop33
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by aynjell
What exactly are those companies?
SMS=Steven Mark Saleen:
http://www.smslimitedusa.com/vehicles.html

Techco is where a lot of former Saleen guys now can be located. Both companies are in the same building.
http://www.techcointl.com/aboutus.asp
Old 01-21-2009, 06:29 AM
S281 E
5th Gear Member

Seem to be structured like Saleen once was. They offer great product with great customer service.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:53 AM
severnrc
2nd Gear Member

Saleen Inc. sure looks doomed...not good, not good
Old 01-21-2009, 02:08 PM
unclemilti
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by A1SALEEN
I'm willing to say I have a gut feeling that Steve Saleen will have his company back with in a year......
I don't see it. Unless he is able to catapult the fledgling SMS into the stratosphere right out of the gate and free up his money, I couldn't see how he would pony up the funds to acquire Saleen back, especially given the car economy in general right now.

Selling ANY specialty car is a task right now..people can't even get credit to buy a base GT, let alone a 50-60K specialty Mustang. I imagine SMS will run into the same thing with a 70K Challenger.

Saleen is obviously in financial distress..many vendors I have talked with have enlightened me about the relationship they had with Saleen and what was going on behind the scenes. It wasn't good news.

The writing has been on the wall for months..New management and executives bailing before they even had their desks set up..employees laid off, closing the Irvine facility, auctioning off parts and equipment, no announcement (that I've seen) of a 2010 model..etc etc.

Hey...I am not wanting Saleen to go under..but I also get tired of being told "everything is fine" at Saleen only to see the people who are spreading the word get canned. Its a slap in the face to Saleen owners IMO.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: saleens best is now gone!!!!!