Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Saleen Inc. finds Buyer

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 07:13 PM
Jim D.
3rd Gear Member

Default Saleen Inc. finds Buyer

Breaking news: while the dust is still settling on the deal which was inked on Friday, rest assured that warranty and support staff (including our Jess Albright) are there to help any owners out there... please be patient during this transition when they are currently short-staffed.

You can read the scoop here: http://saleenforums.soec.org/showthread.php?t=4507
Old 02-02-2009, 07:34 PM
Big Top Gt
3rd Gear Member

Good purchase, but the loss of jobs sucks.

Hopefully most of the displaced people are rehired.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:54 AM
sftdyna
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jim D.
Breaking news: while the dust is still settling on the deal which was inked on Friday, rest assured that warranty and support staff (including our Jess Albright) are there to help any owners out there... please be patient during this transition when they are currently short-staffed.

You can read the scoop here: http://saleenforums.soec.org/showthread.php?t=4507
well it was unfortunate that there were many lay offs!! im sure they will be bringing people back as needed, it is unfortunate that many of the people that made saleen what it was have gambled on other careers, jess called me last week just to touch base as i had left him a couple pm's and he was just catching up with everyone, he was putting in 12 hour days and would not reveal the situation at that time, it is my belief the main reason for bringing jess back was knowing what an asset he has been in restoring faith in saleen customers and if they waited to long someone would have grabbed him up , hell i was just getting ready to buy a gt500, friends of mine were getting ready to buy from rousch, lets hope things start moving along over there and they better give jess a big raise because he is the one who keeps us with saleen, and the reason i will buy another !! thanks for making me hold my breath jess!! i almost sold my car!!!
Old 02-03-2009, 09:30 AM
unclemilti
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by sftdyna
well it was unfortunate that there were many lay offs!! im sure they will be bringing people back as needed, it is unfortunate that many of the people that made saleen what it was have gambled on other careers, jess called me last week just to touch base as i had left him a couple pm's and he was just catching up with everyone, he was putting in 12 hour days and would not reveal the situation at that time, it is my belief the main reason for bringing jess back was knowing what an asset he has been in restoring faith in saleen customers and if they waited to long someone would have grabbed him up , hell i was just getting ready to buy a gt500, friends of mine were getting ready to buy from rousch, lets hope things start moving along over there and they better give jess a big raise because he is the one who keeps us with saleen, and the reason i will buy another !! thanks for making me hold my breath jess!! i almost sold my car!!!
Well, put me down as unimpressed.

Its great that someone bought Saleen, as far as warranty purposes go. But other than that..who is this company? Sounds a lot like ASC..a niche company that is rolling the dice on manufacturing automobiles. And unless the warranty issues/claims problems are rectified...what peace of mind will a future Saleen owner have?

I am having a problem with my AC, and I have no doubt when it goes into Ford to get worked on, nothing will be covered under my so-called warranty- even though the A/C has nothing to do with Saleen.
Just as the guy who brought in his 07 Saleen Speedster into this same dealership couldn't get them to cover anything concerning his problems. That info came directly from the service manager. He said "Saleen didn't pay or reimburse us for our work"

I can only speak for myself, but heading into 2010 and looking to buy another toy, Saleen may not be on the list. Too much flux, too many unknowns. I am thankful my car only has about 6 months left on its warranty (if you want to call it a warranty)..I feel for the guys who bought late 07's and 08's.

Why is it that Saleen has been the only aftermarket Mustang manufacturer to be up for sale 2 times, and and have employees that quit and go start their own company?

It hasn't happened with Roush, and it hasn't happened with Shelby.
Old 02-05-2009, 02:11 PM
S281 E
5th Gear Member

^+1 I was thinking the same thing the other day. Roush and shelby seem to be doing okay. Heck, I still see Steeda's on the road too. Next toy is either a viper/shelby/camaro.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:03 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

my next toy is a C6 vette
Old 02-05-2009, 10:47 PM
tonylop33
1st Gear Member

http://www.autoweek.com/article/2009...NEWS/902059976

Saleen buyers have considered Dodge Viper purchase

The investors who just purchased most of the assets of specialty-car maker Saleen Inc. have considered buying the Dodge Viper business, though it’s unclear whether they are among the three bidders Chrysler has publicly acknowledged.

“We’ve considered a purchase of Viper,” said Mike Shields, who along with his brother owns controlling interests in several Michigan auto-related companies.

Their group includes Cyltec, Arrow Racing Engines, Control-Tec and Power-Tec Engineering. Using the name MJ Acquisitions, they bought Saleen’s street-performance car, aftermarket and supercharger business on Jan. 30.

Chrysler has been pondering a sale of the Viper sports-car business since last year. Copresident Jim Press said on Tuesday that the company is performing “due diligence” on three proposals.

The Viper operation is thought to include the factory in Detroit, the workers and the car itself, which is powered by a 600-hp V10.

Shields would not say whether his group is among the three bidders.

“That’s a touchy little subject there,” he said.

Chrysler declined to comment on the three potential bids, or the timetable for a deal.

“I’m not disclosing the name of the companies,” spokesman David Elshoff said.

Shields also gave more insight into his plans for Saleen, saying he expects to continue with the aftermarket and supercharger business.

But, he said the group is still evaluating whether it can profitably continue the Racecraft brand and the flagship S-Line, though Shields said he hopes to. The 2010 Ford Mustang was expected to be used by Saleen as the base for performance models under those brands, but that is in question.

“If the economic conditions continue to deteriorate . . . then we’ll change our mind,” he said.

Shields’s group bought the Saleen assets from Hancock Park Associates, a Los Angeles-based investment firm. Not included in the deal were the S7 and the S5 Raptor concept, which former Saleen president Chris Theodore is trying to sell as he winds down his duties this month.

Last edited by tonylop33; 02-06-2009 at 01:47 AM.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:54 PM
unclemilti
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by tonylop33

Shields also gave more insight into his plans for Saleen, saying he expects to continue with the aftermarket and supercharger business.

But, he said the group is still evaluating whether it can profitably continue the Racecraft brand and the flagship S-Line, though Shields said he hopes to. The 2010 Ford Mustang was expected to be used by Saleen as the base for performance models under those brands, but that is in question.

“If the economic conditions continue to deteriorate . . . then we’ll change our mind,” he said.

Sooooo..let me get this straight. All that RAH RAH RAH, Saleen is going to be ok..and now the guy who bought them may not even build any more Saleens?

Alllllriiiiiighty then.

Old 02-06-2009, 10:00 AM
demarcom
2nd Gear Member

My big question is who owns the name???? The Saleen name is the company if you ask me. Anyone who gets that will have "bought" the company. Or is the person(s) who buys the S7 and S5 get the name....

I just re-read the SOEC release and it does state the S7 and S5 name will remain with Saleen inc.... hum...

Last edited by demarcom; 02-06-2009 at 10:25 AM.
Old 02-06-2009, 01:06 PM
AMS MIKE
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by demarcom
My big question is who owns the name???? The Saleen name is the company if you ask me. Anyone who gets that will have "bought" the company. Or is the person(s) who buys the S7 and S5 get the name....

I just re-read the SOEC release and it does state the S7 and S5 name will remain with Saleen inc.... hum...
HP still owns Saleen Inc. and ASC

All MJ bought was assets from Saleen Inc. Thats it.

Quick Reply: Saleen Inc. finds Buyer