Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

IF you own a SALEEN: 2005-2008 Extreme or Parnelli Jones - Get your DYNO SHEETS NOW!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 12:21 PM
S281 E
5th Gear Member

Just get a custom tune done. Its the best way to go.
Old 02-26-2009, 01:23 PM
AMS MIKE
2nd Gear Member

bump!
Old 02-28-2009, 07:47 PM
AL_TOON
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by S281 E
Just get a custom tune done. Its the best way to go.
care to explain?
Old 02-28-2009, 10:15 PM
smoothy
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by AL_TOON
care to explain?
The best way:

Car goes on a dyno, the tuner does dyno runs modifying parameters until you have a tune for the best power curve possible.

The other way:

contact a tuner, tell him what year/model and what mods you have. He can build a tune that takes advantage of your mods and also reduce the 'unusual attributes' that the OEM tune can have (eg. 06 Saleen extreme tune running super rich)
Old 03-03-2009, 01:32 PM
S281 E
5th Gear Member

^+1 custom tune is always better since EVERY car is different.
Old 03-06-2009, 12:14 PM
AMS MIKE
2nd Gear Member

all PM's replied
Old 03-08-2009, 10:53 AM
redpony07
1st Gear Member

No offense to anyone but through history the trend in the automotive industry has to been to fudge on horsepower numbers, Ie. derating in the 60's to fool ins companies through now inflating numbers to promote betters sales in a very competitive market. Lets just go old school establish our own baselines and then modify the hell out of cars to our hearts content
Old 03-11-2009, 02:00 AM
AMS MIKE
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by redpony07
No offense to anyone but through history the trend in the automotive industry has to been to fudge on horsepower numbers, Ie. derating in the 60's to fool ins companies through now inflating numbers to promote betters sales in a very competitive market. Lets just go old school establish our own baselines and then modify the hell out of cars to our hearts content
you have got to be kidding me. Who are YOU to question MY credibility ???

Ask anyone on this forum who has been to my shop. I don't "fudge" anything.

The numbers produced on my Dyno are 100% legit numbers, whether you like them or NOT is not my problem. If a car doesn't make the power you are expecting, that is not my issue, UNLESS i told you it will make X amount. Now if an auto mfg says it will make X amount and it doesn't. Then you look at what others are making with same car. If EVERYONE is making less power, then you have a legit issue. You have to look at the big picture when it comes to auto mfg marketing HP.

Also there are a lot of people who fudge numbers and make numbers look higher than they really are. I won't get into that....I do not participate in that and do not condone that type of behavior.

Last edited by AMS MIKE; 03-11-2009 at 02:03 AM.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:02 PM
Snakeplissken

Originally Posted by AMS MIKE
you have got to be kidding me. Who are YOU to question MY credibility ???

Ask anyone on this forum who has been to my shop. I don't "fudge" anything.

The numbers produced on my Dyno are 100% legit numbers, whether you like them or NOT is not my problem. If a car doesn't make the power you are expecting, that is not my issue, UNLESS i told you it will make X amount. Now if an auto mfg says it will make X amount and it doesn't. Then you look at what others are making with same car. If EVERYONE is making less power, then you have a legit issue. You have to look at the big picture when it comes to auto mfg marketing HP.

Also there are a lot of people who fudge numbers and make numbers look higher than they really are. I won't get into that....I do not participate in that and do not condone that type of behavior.
So the owners manual always says take it easy on the motor for the first 500 miles. But when you dyno these new Saleens they are run up to Redline a few times on virtually a brand new motor? So is the 500 mile break in needed?
Old 03-12-2009, 01:58 AM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

^ good question

Quick Reply: IF you own a SALEEN: 2005-2008 Extreme or Parnelli Jones - Get your DYNO SHEETS NOW!