Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Saleen Inc. Warranties In Jeopardy

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 08:41 PM
MoparMatt

Default Saleen Inc. Warranties In Jeopardy

Seems Saleen Inc. may no longer be honoring warranties on cars, parts or service, with a formal announcement coming soon at http://www.soec.org/news
Old 03-04-2009, 11:41 PM
IWinULose
4th Gear Member

Awesome news. I have a $60k car with around 2000 miles and appears that I am going to lose my warranty. Haha, nice.

/sarcasm

Looks like it's time to mod.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:47 PM
tonylop33
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by IWinULose
Awesome news. I have a $60k car with around 2000 miles and appears that I am going to lose my warranty. Haha, nice.

/sarcasm

Looks like it's time to mod.
Just the way I feel.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:40 AM
ctann
1st Gear Member

I did a little bit of research on warranties and bankruptcy. This little article sets the basics out nicely. The key word is "executory contract", and this article sets that out nicely.

As far as I can see, the only way for a company to stop servicing warranties is by declaring bankrupcy - in which case, we will all become creditors. I think we need to get organised on this and get a Banrupcy Lawyer to act on behalf of existing Warranty Holders...

Chris.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:46 AM
AMS MIKE
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ctann
I did a little bit of research on warranties and bankruptcy. This little article sets the basics out nicely. The key word is "executory contract", and this article sets that out nicely.

As far as I can see, the only way for a company to stop servicing warranties is by declaring bankrupcy - in which case, we will all become creditors. I think we need to get organised on this and get a Banrupcy Lawyer to act on behalf of existing Warranty Holders...

Chris.

Saleen Inc got rid of their assests already. HP cut Saleen Inc loose. From what I heard straight from the person handling the issue....is very soon Saleen inc will be done filing bakruptcy.

How do I know....I am owed planty of money from Saleen Inc since 08/2008. I got a hold of accounting 2 weeks ago and was given the number to the firm handling the creditors. Well, the lady in charge is Jaime and she told me the entore situation. Basically, no one will be paid, Saleen Inc has $0 and 0 things in the name. So there is nothing to go after.

I am no way saying not to pursue a lawsuit, I am not a lawyer and I am not giving advice. Just telling you what I have been told.

It will be very interesting to see what happens....I feel bad for Saleen owners, employees and all the vendors that have been screwed by Saleen Inc. People who have put hard earned hours in and never got paid. Really sucks!

Last edited by AMS MIKE; 03-05-2009 at 02:49 AM.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:36 AM
TheNJDevil
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MoparMatt
Seems Saleen Inc. may no longer be honoring warranties on cars, parts or service, with a formal announcement coming soon at http://www.soec.org/news
The only way they can do that is by filing bankruptcy. Otherwise, as pointed out by someone else, they'll be spending time in court. It's really too bad, they have good products and I was seriously considering their SC. Personally, I wouldn't choose a SC if there is no manufacturer to stand behind it.

Lets hope this is a rumor and/or something gets worked out.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:09 AM
unclemilti
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by TheNJDevil
The only way they can do that is by filing bankruptcy. Otherwise, as pointed out by someone else, they'll be spending time in court. It's really too bad, they have good products and I was seriously considering their SC. Personally, I wouldn't choose a SC if there is no manufacturer to stand behind it.

Lets hope this is a rumor and/or something gets worked out.
LOL..if you read that article over at SOEC, that definitely is NO rumor.

Thank God my car is an 06, and had little time left on the warranty anyways.

I feel for you guys with 07's and 08's.

If Saleen cars were in danger of not being produced before this little gem of an announcement, it certainly is the death blow to any future car sales in this economy.
Old 03-05-2009, 11:03 AM
Snakeplissken

What if you need Saleen exclusive parts for your car down the road? They built fifty seven 08 Saleen Extremes what if you need a part for one?
Old 03-05-2009, 11:03 AM
ctann
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMS MIKE
Basically, no one will be paid, Saleen Inc has $0 and 0 things in the name. So there is nothing to go after.
I'm no lawyer either, and obviously this is all hypothetical, but SI *had* significant assets at one point. If they got money from the deal with MJ, it must have gone somewhere. If they just gave away the assets - well, I think a bankruptcy court will have a legitimate claim against MJ...

Anyway, a mess to be sure, and the only ones likely to profit from the whole thing are the lawyers... There must be a significant number of people out there with existing Saleen warranties, I wonder if we can find a Bankruptcy Lawyer to handle us as a "class", so we don't have to each go and talk to a lawyer...

Has anyone called Saleen/MJ for a warranty issue today?

Chris.
Old 03-05-2009, 03:21 PM
S281 E
5th Gear Member

When I bought my 06 E car I figured a year was crap. Now it seems people will even have less than that.

Quick Reply: Saleen Inc. Warranties In Jeopardy