Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Finally about to return home

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 10:26 PM
tailsshrout

Default Finally about to return home

I have been in the military for 5 years and spent 4 of those years overseas. In June i will return home to my new car (well new for me) I bought the car sight unseen in july 2008, and have only spent 18 days with it. However i knew it wasnt enough. I am an import guy who just happened to find a great deal on my saleen so i bought it. My budget is $15,000 and so far my list of ideas is as follows, however if you have any ideas of another better route please comment. Thanks also if this is a good idea on a route to take please put your input for feul pump, injectors, which 90mm maf and anything else i may be forgetting thanks.

duel beam HID's, sequential tailights, cobra brake upgrade, 3.73 gears, accufab 75mm throttle body, bassani o/r X pipe, chicane intercooler, chicane intercooler lines, 66mm pulley, Chicane ripp intake, LFP heat exchanger, and LFP supertank, and a SCT custom tune

All this still leaves me with alot left over but if I dont spend all that i wont be complaining as long as the car feels better. The car will also be a daily driver so im not trying to go to extreme that I push its limits. Thanks in advance for any input.
Old 03-06-2009, 06:09 AM
Legion5
5th Gear Member

http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/product.phtml?p=37

http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/...e%3A+Camshafts

http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/...t.phtml?p=1528

With 15k you could easily manufacture a version of this:

http://media.putfile.com/turbostang263

I'm not familiar with the 2v so I'm not sure if you'll be able to keep the supercharger. Also call that company (they're insanely reputable) to make sure you have all the parts, you'll need a transmission that fits.
Old 03-06-2009, 07:44 AM
eviligloo
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by tailsshrout
Thanks also if this is a good idea on a route to take please put your input for feul pump, injectors, which 90mm maf and anything else i may be forgetting thanks.

duel beam HID's, sequential tailights, cobra brake upgrade, 3.73 gears, accufab 75mm throttle body, bassani o/r X pipe, chicane intercooler, chicane intercooler lines, 66mm pulley, Chicane ripp intake, LFP heat exchanger, and LFP supertank, and a SCT custom tune
Suggestions

fuel pump: focus SVT fuel pump - good until ~425 rwhp

fuel injectors: get 42lb injectors (green top ford racing)

mass airflow: you can either get an SCT big air MAF (2400 or 2600) or do what I did and just get a ford lightning MAF (good until around 425rwhp). Last option: you can get a diablosport MaFiA. I was going to go that last route but it was cheapest to get the lightning MAF since I'm not planning on pushing my power to the point where I have to forge the internals.

The cobra brake upgrade is a very smart and inexpensive way to upgrade the brakes without breaking the bank. Good call on that one!

Some other mods that I might suggest if you have money burning a hole in your pocket and need to spend it:

Upper and lower control arms (aftermarket ones from steeda or maximum motorsports). This will help you put a little more power to the ground. I'm going this route in the future. I spin a little bit in 2nd gear at my power level and I'm sure I'll spin a little more in 2 weeks when the new upgrades go in.

Welcome back! Just in time to enjoy spring weather with a convertible....
Old 03-06-2009, 08:28 AM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

Welcome home and....

THANK YOU!

for your service
Old 03-06-2009, 01:28 PM
04#231

Sounds like you have a good plan going here. Good luck with what you do. Keep us posted as there are a few 2v cars here on the site and we like hearing and helping out folks.
Can you get the Cobra upgrade brakes w/o the Cobra logo on the calipers? I'd rather it said Saleen if possible.

+1 to Jazzers comments as well. Thank you for protecting us. Be safe.
Old 03-06-2009, 03:13 PM
eviligloo
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 04#231
Can you get the Cobra upgrade brakes w/o the Cobra logo on the calipers? I'd rather it said Saleen if possible.
Yes. The Mach 1 brake kit is the exact same and doesn't have "cobra" written on it (they're just black).
Old 03-06-2009, 06:37 PM
Jonsey
4th Gear Member

Things you could add:

Short Throw Shifter-a must in my opinion
Aluminum Driveshaft
Better gauges like a wideband a/f gauge
Headers/x-pipe/h-pipe
Camber/Caster Plates
Rims, Rims, Rims baby-black of course!!!
Fat tires for those new rims

I would definetly do the contol arms as well if you have the budget.

Be safe.
Old 03-07-2009, 12:58 AM
tailsshrout

Thank you guys for your input. I dont want to go forged internals and do head work do to the fact it is my daily driver and I dont have anything to use while the car is down. again thanks for the advice
Old 03-07-2009, 06:28 AM
Legion5
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by tailsshrout
Thank you guys for your input. I dont want to go forged internals and do head work do to the fact it is my daily driver and I dont have anything to use while the car is down. again thanks for the advice
Before I bought another car my mustang was my only vehicle and when it had downtime I'd rent a car for $50 a day.
Old 03-07-2009, 05:14 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

Thank you for your service...go with 4:10s instead of 3:73s

Quick Reply: Finally about to return home