Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Tork Tech/Chicane Intercooler Install

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 08:02 AM
eviligloo
4th Gear Member

Hey...how's it going? I talked to you on another forum about your install. I guess the other guy you found for tuning fell through?

Instead of doing a mail order thing you should just take a road trip out to MD to get it tuned! Then I can check it out in person...

Who did the polishing for your TT intake?
Old 08-11-2009, 11:39 AM
2FNFAST

MD would be one heck of a road trip! hah.

I ordered it polished from Bill at TT, i'm not sure who he had do the polishing.
Old 09-12-2009, 03:42 AM
yellowfeverpr

Thumbs up

Exellent info eviligloo. Great job. I want to do the same for my gt/saleen supercharger. Enjoy your saleen/saleen supercharger new set up.
Old 10-02-2009, 10:49 AM
eviligloo
4th Gear Member

Just a follow up to this thread. I spoke with Charles Warner last night (engineer at Tork Tech). He gave some clarification on what the kit was designed to do. I gave him some feedback for making adjustments to fit Saleens.

As I found with my dyno results.....he confirmed that this kit will make more power at the higher RPM's and will do nothing for low-end torque as was claimed by the sales department when I bought the kit. He's going to have a conversation with Bill in sales to make sure it's marketed correctly.

Also...they're making a couple of modifications to the EGR side and making an adjustable throttle cable for the kit.

Not sure that they've solved the problem of clearance at the back of the plenum for Saleens....but they did change the fittings to 90 degree bends. I'm not positive that this will help because the problem was with clearance on the fittings themselves because of the series II supercharger. They hit the back of the firewall.

Just something to be aware of if you're considering the kit (as you may recall....I had to cut into my firewall to get the kit to fit).

Last edited by eviligloo; 10-02-2009 at 10:53 AM.
Old 10-03-2009, 01:28 PM
2FNFAST

I also dont think 90 degree fittings are going to cut it, I moved myne over towards the throttle body side more, also put one through my egr delete.

As for making power in the upper RPM's, we're going to find out what this thing can really do, might be spring before i know, but theres an MMR longblock with Stage 2 heads on its way to my house, as well as VT Stage 2 Blower cams. I'd like to spin it to 7000 or so. Hoping for 460-480 with this setup. If not its gettin the bottle.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:25 PM
2FNFAST

Last edited by 2FNFAST; 10-13-2009 at 09:42 PM.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:44 AM
Werecow
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by eviligloo
Just a follow up to this thread. I spoke with Charles Warner last night (engineer at Tork Tech). He gave some clarification on what the kit was designed to do. I gave him some feedback for making adjustments to fit Saleens.

As I found with my dyno results.....he confirmed that this kit will make more power at the higher RPM's and will do nothing for low-end torque as was claimed by the sales department when I bought the kit. He's going to have a conversation with Bill in sales to make sure it's marketed correctly.

Also...they're making a couple of modifications to the EGR side and making an adjustable throttle cable for the kit.

Not sure that they've solved the problem of clearance at the back of the plenum for Saleens....but they did change the fittings to 90 degree bends. I'm not positive that this will help because the problem was with clearance on the fittings themselves because of the series II supercharger. They hit the back of the firewall.

Just something to be aware of if you're considering the kit (as you may recall....I had to cut into my firewall to get the kit to fit).
Thanks for the info. So, IYHO will the complete kit work? I am talking the M112 SC with the lower intake and the inlet tube. The other thing that has me a bit baffled is the EGR thing. Perhaps it was the picture of the FORD Mustang GT EGR valve that confused me, but the actual valve appears to look the same as the one on my Saleen. Is it the actual valve that needs to be changed or what it mounts to? The EGR "system" appears to have much more than just a valve associated with it. It would be nice to know exactly what I need.

The Kenne Bell kit is an awesome kit, no doubt. But it is costly and it seems like everything is an option other than the blower and intake. The other thing with the Tork Tech kit is you could, intheory, move it to another car with 4v or 3v heads. Kind of nice. I would love to have those 3v heads on my block...lol

The only downside of the Tork Tech kit is the smog thing, which I am talking to someone about soon. Basically the only thing in the kit that may rasie some eyebrows is the inlet tube. I'd hate to mount it and have to remove it because of a technicality. The smog thing kind of burns my rear quaters anyway. If the car passes all the tests, what differnce should it make what the hell is on the car...

Thanks for your wealth of learning experiences Evil.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:58 AM
eviligloo
4th Gear Member

I believe the only difference between the saleen EGR and the mustang EGR is that they are located in different places. So in order to get the Tork Tech EGR adapter to fit you have to order and install a stock Mustang GT EGR and THEN use the adapter. Of course I did that, though....and after a bunch of labor (roughly 3 hours if I remember correctly), my shop had to give up and we just deleted the EGR. He still couldn't get it to work.

Tork Tech has since redesigned some of that, but I'm still not sure it will work with the saleen EGR (or will work well with the mustang GT EGR on a saleen setup). TT didn't know the saleen EGR was located in a different spot until I told them about it....so that leads me to believe they might not have tested it yet.

If you go for it, Werecow, I can give you the number of my shop that installed it. Just be prepared for a couple things:

1. The shop you use will be digging through hoses to get the kit to work (the kit comes with none of the necessary hoses)

2. I have a feeling you'll still have a clearance problem with your E hood and you'll have to get rid of it in order to use the full M112 kit. Here's why: the M112 supercharger is longer and is shifted farther forward in the engine bay than the M90. So it's not necessarily the clearance in the back that will give you a problem....but the clearance at the front is where the snout of the blower would probably hit the hood. So on this particular application you'll have plenty of room behind the plenum, but not enough hood clearance up front.

3. Plan extra time into the build for the subtle nuances between mustang GT's and saleens. You'll have to convert a lot of things back to mustang GT specs under the hood just to follow the instructions. I didn't think there were really any differences until I found out that saleen did change some positioning (hose locations, EGR location, etc.)

*Edit- Werecow.....see my response on SOEC. Rather than post on two forums let's just synchronize.

Last edited by eviligloo; 10-05-2009 at 08:26 AM.
Old 07-03-2010, 05:19 PM
muskis2

Default eviligoo

What sender did you use with your h2o intercooler setup. Cant find the correct one and its killing me. I know its an old thread but if you can email me at muskis2@yahoo.com that would be sweet.

thanks,
bill in colorado
Old 07-06-2010, 07:55 AM
eviligloo
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by muskis2
What sender did you use with your h2o intercooler setup. Cant find the correct one and its killing me. I know its an old thread but if you can email me at muskis2@yahoo.com that would be sweet.

thanks,
bill in colorado
Could you clarify the question a little? Are you talking about the sensor that I had installed in the LFP expansion tank so that the gauge still works for the intercooler? Or something else?

Quick Reply: Tork Tech/Chicane Intercooler Install