Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Tork Tech/Chicane Intercooler Install

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 08:46 AM
04#231

Hey Evil, how are you doing? I was checking in on this to see how you liked the whole Tork Tech experience now that you have had it in for a while? Was it worth it to you from a time/money/hassle perspective? I have an 04 Saleen as you can see in my signature and have the series 4 charger that came in 03/04 and I am about to under go a major motor build in the next month or so. Going with the Ford Aluminator short block with my heads hopefully ported, cams, headers etc and was thinking about how your build went with the TT product. Do you see any advantage for me to look into this closer or just forget it and get a bigger heat exchanger/intercooler and go from there. Thanks and I appreciate your feedback.

Peace.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:17 PM
eviligloo
4th Gear Member

Sorry for the long delay. I've been on the SOEC forum much more than I've been on here.

Tork Tech setup is still great. Gives me enough power to keep me entertained and on top of that I have a fantastic sounding blower with all the extra air.

Unfortunately Tork Tech's adapter won't fit the series IV if I remember correctly. As an added bummer....chicane intercoolers are hard to come by now that the company has shut down....although I've heard that another company is making them based on Chicane's design.

Good luck with the project!
Old 01-26-2012, 08:04 AM
04#231

Thanks for the response Evil.. Can you tell me what you were finally putting down for numbers? Did you go with headers? if so what kind and do you like them? I am looking at the ceramic coated BBK long tubes with an X pipe. Ford Aluminator block, my heads ported, cams (not sure on these) everything needed to tie it up. 391/2 lb injectors.. I hope to be 420-440 to the wheels when all said and done..
Old 01-30-2012, 10:43 AM
eviligloo
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 04#231
Thanks for the response Evil.. Can you tell me what you were finally putting down for numbers?
Can't quite remember the exact numbers...but it was like 390rwhp with a conservative tune.

I didn't do any headers. I don't want to go above 400 because I haven't forged the engine (nor will I be doing that anytime soon with an $8k price tag associated with it!).

Now I'm focused on getting better traction and handling to put the power down better. Right now I spin through 2nd gear if i mash the throttle.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:44 AM
04#231

Those are good numbers to have. I was forced to get a new block so yes the 8k figure is accurate and I am going with a 2valve Aluminator motor all forged, ill get my heads ported, looking at MAC ceramic coated headers, 39 lb injectors, everything needed to tie it together. Upgrade the brakes with at least SS lines and better pads..New Light bar and a few other small things... It sucks but no other choice have to do it so figure I'd bite the bullet and just do it right I guess. I'll let you know what numbers I end up with. I am hoping for 420-440 to the wheels with at least 400 in TQ. Peace.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:02 PM
eviligloo
4th Gear Member

Those are good numbers to have. I was forced to get a new block so yes the 8k figure is accurate and I am going with a 2valve Aluminator motor all forged, ill get my heads ported, looking at MAC ceramic coated headers, 39 lb injectors, everything needed to tie it together.
Since you had to redo everything and forge the engine.....any thoughts to going big and selling your series IV supercharger and getting the full torktech kit with the TVS supercharger? You could put down some serious power with that.

Of course...it's easy to spend someone else's money....

Last edited by eviligloo; 01-31-2012 at 03:11 PM.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:00 AM
04#231

I'd like to do that but now you are looking at least at another 5-6K to do that and while I know I'd love that, I'd probably start breaking things at that point. I also am not sure I'd get more then $2500 or so for my Saleen Charger. If I could pick up a complete used KB kit or the bigger Saleen charger that came on the E cars (very rare) for about $2500 or so then I would do that, sell my blower and be a net net of $0 out of pocket. We will see how this goes. Since the bottom end is being done I can always add a new blower later on knowing that part is already done. I couldnt remember if you went the whole Tork Tech charger route or just the intake and then Chicane intercooler?
Old 02-06-2012, 02:56 PM
eviligloo
4th Gear Member

I couldnt remember if you went the whole Tork Tech charger route or just the intake and then Chicane intercooler?
Just the intake and the chicane intercooler. I didn't want to lose my saleen S/C hood and I wasn't planning on forging anytime soon. I don't have that kind of cash!