Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

saleen trade in values....very scary

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 06:33 PM
AL_TOON
2nd Gear Member

Default saleen trade in values....very scary

went 3 different ford dealerships. they all offered me GT book value on an extreme.... just a heads up...dont try to dump it at a dealer
Old 06-17-2009, 06:41 PM
jaiasmit
3rd Gear Member

I'll match that offer

Seriously, that sucks. Good luck.

Try giving Ron Ward at Campbell Ford in Niles, Michigan a call. He's a good sales guy and one of the largest Saleen dealers in the country. He might be able to help you out if you're really looking to sell.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:15 PM
david01130
4th Gear Member

yes trade ins suck. not a good time to trade in either. Havent you been trying to sell yours for awhile? Ill trade you
Old 06-18-2009, 12:50 AM
Jim D.
3rd Gear Member

We've observed prices on Saleens dropping since May 2007, and plummeting since about August of 2008.

Certainly everything in performance vehicles is down, but now is not the time to trade in or even sell a Saleen if one can avoid it.
Old 06-18-2009, 05:03 AM
Legion5
5th Gear Member

I don't think you guys understand the point of the post, it's not about resale value fluctuation it's about how "scary" his dealers are being...
Old 06-18-2009, 08:51 AM
S281 E
5th Gear Member

Do they even know what a Saleen is....if the yare not aware of the brand they might just think its a GT with after market parts.
Old 06-18-2009, 01:32 PM
AL_TOON
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jaiasmit
I'll match that offer

Seriously, that sucks. Good luck.

Try giving Ron Ward at Campbell Ford in Niles, Michigan a call. He's a good sales guy and one of the largest Saleen dealers in the country. He might be able to help you out if you're really looking to sell.
everything I have is always for sale at anytime. I would have sold it a week later after I bought it if the price was right.

I just dont drive it much anymore

Ive seen there site, thats a good idea to call them up.

I might just finally "actually" list it for sale on ebay....

Last edited by AL_TOON; 06-18-2009 at 01:37 PM.
Old 06-18-2009, 01:35 PM
AL_TOON
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by S281 E
Do they even know what a Saleen is....if the yare not aware of the brand they might just think its a GT with after market parts.
they know, one ford dealer I took it used to be a saleen dealer and now is a Rosch dealer, I brought in the window sticker and all etc.

this dealer even has an sc281 for sale a bit back and sold it within 3 weeks so they know what saleen's are.

they told me the following, Ford will allow GT value on the dealership financing the car, the dealer will be loaned about what a GT books for in terms of them buying it from a consumer. the general manager said "yes your car is worth in the high 30s low 40s but we cannot get financing from Ford on your car"

I will sell it for 35k now.
Old 06-18-2009, 02:21 PM
Heffling

The dealer looks at the VIN number for your Saleen. This VIN was assigned to the mustang when it left the Ford factory as a Mustang GT. It will always show up in their record searches as being a Ford Mustang GT. This is why they offer you that trade-in value.

If you're trading or selling a specialty mustang that is not sold by Ford at all dealerships, you are almost always better off doing private party deals than going to a dealership, as most dealerships don't know anything about your vehicle past what their system tells them.
Old 06-18-2009, 03:37 PM
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

Originally Posted by Heffling
The dealer looks at the VIN number for your Saleen. This VIN was assigned to the mustang when it left the Ford factory as a Mustang GT. It will always show up in their record searches as being a Ford Mustang GT. This is why they offer you that trade-in value.

If you're trading or selling a specialty mustang that is not sold by Ford at all dealerships, you are almost always better off doing private party deals than going to a dealership, as most dealerships don't know anything about your vehicle past what their system tells them.
Did you not read the post above??

Quick Reply: saleen trade in values....very scary