Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

New Bumper Inserts (with pics!)

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 07:43 PM
eviligloo
4th Gear Member

Talking New Bumper Inserts (with pics!)

So every cloud has a silver lining (except for silver clouds...they have white linings.....but I digress). Due to an unfortunate hit and run....someone backed into my rear bumper in a parking lot and took off leaving spider cracks in the paint. I finally got the bumper repainted recently and went to buy new bumper inserts.

I was going to replace them with stainless steel like I had before but then started looking into some new ones that have a Titanium Black Mirror Finish. They're close to double the price of the stainless ones.....but well worth it in my opinion. A little more subtle and look even cooler (especially on black cars).

It's really hard to photograph the Titanium ones and show you exactly what they look like because they reflect differently depending on the lighting and what's around them. It looks really subtle and dark on cloudy days and night time. During the day in bright light it looks closer to the stainless ones. Most of the time they look blackish...but still have a mirror reflection and stand out. Very hard to explain...but REALLY COOL.

Check it out!

This next picture is of the Titanium before I put it on the car.

This last one is just crazy. I put it on my dining room table and it absorbs some of the color around it whereas the stainless would just kinda reflect things.

Weird, huh??
Old 06-17-2009, 10:07 PM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

Understated yet elegant

Old 06-17-2009, 10:10 PM
esanger
2nd Gear Member

Love them.. where did you get them?
Old 06-18-2009, 09:03 AM
mikebna
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by esanger
Love them.. where did you get them?
Now those are sweet, I never did like the stainless blingey ones. But I do like those!

Can you give us a link?

Thanks,
mike
Old 06-19-2009, 02:36 PM
eviligloo
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jazzer The Cat
Understated yet elegant

HAHA! Hilarious!

I got them at SS Inserts. They're the Titanium Mirror Black Finish. You look at them during a bright day and they look similar to the stainless ones (but slightly less reflective and flashy). Then other times they look like the picture above.

They're around $100.
Old 06-19-2009, 07:20 PM
david01130
4th Gear Member

I really like them. Looks really good. I think Im going to go with a set now. I think they would look good with my black chrome wheels.

How well do they fit in the SALEEN indents? same size?
Old 06-20-2009, 02:38 PM
eviligloo
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by david01130
I really like them. Looks really good. I think Im going to go with a set now. I think they would look good with my black chrome wheels.

How well do they fit in the SALEEN indents? same size?
Pretty well. For the 99-04's it just depends on how hard saleen pushed down when they were stamping the bumper. Mine wasn't pushed down enough on the letter "A" but it doesn't stick out too far. I think the 05+ ones are a little more uniform and would fit very well....those are deeper than mine.
Old 06-21-2009, 10:19 PM
Chuckdoc
3rd Gear Member

Let's get down to brass tacks... How much for the Saleen table?
Old 06-23-2009, 02:27 PM
Tas
2nd Gear Member

I got those. Its like a black chrome.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:12 PM
Werecow
2nd Gear Member

I saw a sweet bright red 05-09 Saleen SC this morning, around 530 in the a.m.) on the 680s here in CA. It had what looked to be those titanium inserts, but it was still sort of dark, so hard to say. In either case it looked nice. Real nice.

Quick Reply: New Bumper Inserts (with pics!)