Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

2010 Saleen S281

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 09:27 AM
Jess Albright
1st Gear Member

The car will be released as a 2010. We will build up to 100 of them as 2010's before the change over for 2011. As soon as we have a motor from Ford we will begin epa certification on the all new set up. All new supercharger is all ready to go for it, with all the parts being made in house. They should hit dealerships mid Feb.
Saying that it is just a one off car actually is false. The male molds used to make the body parts are the same one's being used to make the injection molds from, so its as close to production as you can get. Yes there is still a lot of work to get it done, but at Mrytle Beach we said that we would have a car for SEMA, and we did, now we say we will have production in Feb. lets see what happens.
We are still working through the dealer list, and are having good feedback from the ones that we have contacted and started working with agian. It will take a lot of work to fix the issues of the past and we are well aware of that.
Saleen Performance Vehicles is not about Mike Shields, Jess Albright, Alternative Automotive, or any other single person, it's about a group of people that have the desire to put out good product that people want and expect out of the Saleen name. I will be the first to admit that I am not a public speaker nor do I care to be, but that's the idea. Showing that we aren't "communication experts", or public speakers is fine with us because at the end of the day it doesn't matter how good you talk about it, it's how good you do it.
We could just as easily go out and start throwing mud like some other people, but since day one we have taken the high road and wished nothing but the best for Steve and his supporters, and will contiue to do so. It's just beyond me why some people have to keep brow beating, bashing, and down talking. Maybe it's just to try to feel better about themselves.
Thank you to those that choose to support us, and to those of you who don't support us but don't feel the need to constantly bash.

Thank you
Jess
Old 11-22-2009, 09:56 AM
Jonsey
4th Gear Member

This SOEC BS is getting to be too much. My experience with the SOEC was terrible and some of this forums members attitudes shows that it was no accident.

I hope both companies do well.

Jess you have been a great resource and credit to this forum. Keep it up.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:18 AM
LovinLife
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jess Albright
The car will be released as a 2010. We will build up to 100 of them as 2010's before the change over for 2011. As soon as we have a motor from Ford we will begin epa certification on the all new set up. All new supercharger is all ready to go for it, with all the parts being made in house. They should hit dealerships mid Feb.
Saying that it is just a one off car actually is false. The male molds used to make the body parts are the same one's being used to make the injection molds from, so its as close to production as you can get. Yes there is still a lot of work to get it done, but at Mrytle Beach we said that we would have a car for SEMA, and we did, now we say we will have production in Feb. lets see what happens.
We are still working through the dealer list, and are having good feedback from the ones that we have contacted and started working with agian. It will take a lot of work to fix the issues of the past and we are well aware of that.
Saleen Performance Vehicles is not about Mike Shields, Jess Albright, Alternative Automotive, or any other single person, it's about a group of people that have the desire to put out good product that people want and expect out of the Saleen name. I will be the first to admit that I am not a public speaker nor do I care to be, but that's the idea. Showing that we aren't "communication experts", or public speakers is fine with us because at the end of the day it doesn't matter how good you talk about it, it's how good you do it.
We could just as easily go out and start throwing mud like some other people, but since day one we have taken the high road and wished nothing but the best for Steve and his supporters, and will contiue to do so. It's just beyond me why some people have to keep brow beating, bashing, and down talking. Maybe it's just to try to feel better about themselves.
Thank you to those that choose to support us, and to those of you who don't support us but don't feel the need to constantly bash.

Thank you
Jess
Thanks for the classy-as-usual response Jess. What details can you give us regarding the all new powertrain? What hp numbers are you targeting and what details make it all new?

Also, what is the timeframe for job last on the 2010 and launch of the 2011 car at Ford?
Old 11-22-2009, 01:24 PM
Jess Albright
1st Gear Member

Without giving out too much info. (Ford will make official at LA auto show next month) Everything will be all new. Supercharger will be a complete redesign, only 1 part transfers from the series IV. As far as job last, I think its end of January. They close the order bank middle of Dec. 2011 cars according to our sources will start hitting dealers end of March, although no one will say if that's the V6, GT, or both. We are planning on having pool cars sometime in April or May and begin building right away. We are all just going to have to wait and see. Although anytime there is a big change like there is, there is always delays getting inital Job 1 vehicles out to dealers, so if everything gets pushed back a month or so I would not be at all suprised.

Thank you
Jess
Old 11-22-2009, 04:16 PM
tonylop33
1st Gear Member

This is like a bad divorce and we are the children of bickering parents. Stop it already. Want to insult each other? Learn to use the PM function and leave the rest of us out of it.

Jess I wish you luck. You have always been helpful when I have called or emailed you. Glad you have a job in this economy after HP screwed you guys. The S281 looks good and I look forward to seeing the real thing.

SMS I wish you good luck too. I like the Challenger and hope a Mustang becomes a reality.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:36 AM
GM EATER
2nd Gear Member

Default Happy Thanksgiving

First off, I want to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving as we all have plenty to give thanks for. At this point I would like to say let's put all this pettiness aside and enjoy the blessings we all have been bestowed with. I think Family is foremost and all the materialistic stuff wanes far behind.
God Bless and Happy Thanksgiving to All!
Old 11-25-2009, 01:32 PM
ctann
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by GM EATER
I think Family is foremost and all the materialistic stuff wanes far behind.
But my cars are part of the family!

Jokes aside, I agree wholeheartedly with the sentiments. Happy thanksgiving all!

Chris.
Old 12-24-2009, 09:02 AM
LovinLife
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jess Albright
Without giving out too much info. (Ford will make official at LA auto show next month) Everything will be all new. Supercharger will be a complete redesign, only 1 part transfers from the series IV. As far as job last, I think its end of January. They close the order bank middle of Dec. 2011 cars according to our sources will start hitting dealers end of March, although no one will say if that's the V6, GT, or both. We are planning on having pool cars sometime in April or May and begin building right away. We are all just going to have to wait and see. Although anytime there is a big change like there is, there is always delays getting inital Job 1 vehicles out to dealers, so if everything gets pushed back a month or so I would not be at all suprised.

Thank you
Jess
Jess, now that the cat is out of the bag regarding the new engine can you give us fans an idea on what your new car will be? What sort of power do you anticipate.

Thanks, alot of us are anxious to hear what the "new" company will do.
Old 12-24-2009, 09:39 AM
esanger
2nd Gear Member

Too bad Ford dealers give Saleen owners the shaft on trade ins or I would consider it.
Old 12-24-2009, 10:17 AM
LovinLife
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by esanger
Too bad Ford dealers give Saleen owners the shaft on trade ins or I would consider it.
I think Saleen gave Saleen owners the shaft when they turned their back on the dealers and quit honoring warranty claims along with lack of payment for work performed. This is not just the last couple years-I think if you look back 5+ years the slow/no pay has been going a while. It's important to note the new ownership is totally unrelated however having no track record may not be much better than having a bad track record.

If you look at it in terms of eBay, you're probably more likely to buy an item with somebody with 0 ratings than you are from somebody with a rating of 17% but would be much more optimistic buying from someone that had 2000 transactions with a rating of 100%

Quick Reply: 2010 Saleen S281