Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Questions about Roush

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 05:41 PM
roush 427R
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by silverscmustang
ya that was it lol ok so 427R wins
Yea I've raced several Saleens this past summer when the National Saleen Convention was in town. My 427R beat all 3 that I raced. Don't get me wrong there are some fast Saleens out there, but I haven't found any.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:04 PM
2011Black5.0
4th Gear Member

IMO saleens have the better looks out of the two but the roush is all down to business. The roush is great looking too but i think saleen has a more exotic look.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:23 PM
mikebna
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by roush 427R
Yea I've raced several Saleens this past summer when the National Saleen Convention was in town. My 427R beat all 3 that I raced. Don't get me wrong there are some fast Saleens out there, but I haven't found any.
Crap! Where was I when you were out playing? I beat every car that came up against me in and around Castle Rock and Colorado including other Saleens.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:25 PM
GM EATER
2nd Gear Member

Default Movie

The movie you are talking about was sponsored by Valvoline. Hmmm.. I kinda remember a certian #6 owned by Jack Roush being sponsored by Valvoline also. I wouldn't like to think there is any bias would you??? The Roush 3 car bassically is on the eqivalent of the Heritage S/C car. The Extreme on the other hand has a real body kit besides the handiling and 80 extra HP. The 302 is 620 HP and quite arguably is the finest Mustang ever built. Not to put down the Roush 3 cars I've driven a few but the Saleen is much more refined.
Old 11-10-2009, 03:19 AM
LovinLife
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by GM EATER
The movie you are talking about was sponsored by Valvoline. Hmmm.. I kinda remember a certian #6 owned by Jack Roush being sponsored by Valvoline also. I wouldn't like to think there is any bias would you??? The Roush 3 car bassically is on the eqivalent of the Heritage S/C car. The Extreme on the other hand has a real body kit besides the handiling and 80 extra HP. The 302 is 620 HP and quite arguably is the finest Mustang ever built. Not to put down the Roush 3 cars I've driven a few but the Saleen is much more refined.
There's a reason the Extreme cars were sold with a minimal warranty and most were not honored. Having driven the new Stage 3 car my money would be on it vs. an Extreme at the drag strip.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:47 AM
GM EATER
2nd Gear Member

Default Driven an Extreme?

The question is Have you actually Driven an Extreme? The Roush 3 is a fine car but it is simply not in a league with 620HP. As far as the track goes HP talks- BS walks.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:48 AM
eviligloo
4th Gear Member

Let the needless arguing begin.....

They're both nice cars. Let's leave it at that and put out the fire before it gets any worse.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:19 AM
roush 427R
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by mikebna
Crap! Where was I when you were out playing? I beat every car that came up against me in and around Castle Rock and Colorado including other Saleens.
Bummer, I would have loved to put my car against yours. I already know that the Extremes and 302 are faster/more HP than the 427R's, but price wise you are paying is way more than a 427R would cost. So if you modded a 427R to be in the same price range as the 302 (aprox. $80K) then yes the 427R will have more power and be faster both on the dragstrip and around the track.

Saleen and Roush Mustangs are both very nice cars. To each their own to make the choice on what they want and can afford.

Last edited by roush 427R; 11-10-2009 at 08:22 AM.
Old 11-11-2009, 04:57 AM
LovinLife
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by GM EATER
The question is Have you actually Driven an Extreme? The Roush 3 is a fine car but it is simply not in a league with 620HP. As far as the track goes HP talks- BS walks.
Actually I have driven an Extreme car. A friend of mine (Samthejeepman) had one and its' issues were well documented here. I drove his car numerous times between the return trips to Saleen and before it was finally bought back. Read the post above regarding Saleen over rating cars and Roush under rating cars with respect to horse power.

I asked in another thread what the powertrain plans were for the new Saleen car (which I think looks great). If it is such a great powertrain package I'm sure SPV would re-use that. However with the capability that MJ has I don't think you'll see anything that unreliable hit the streets anytime soon.

Last edited by LovinLife; 11-11-2009 at 05:03 AM.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:22 PM
svfetter
2nd Gear Member

Just a couple of notable differences between Roush and Saleen. Not trying to beat up on Saleen but here are the facts from inside Roush.

Roush disassembled a Saleen S/C car rated at 465 HP. It was found that virtually nothing in their setup could come close to producing that much HP.

Further, Saleen has access to just a few hundred computer codes for producing their tune. Roush, since working with Ford in the development of the GT and the Shelby has been given access to thousands of codes to produce their tunes.

These two facts alone are most of the reason why the 427 beat the Saleen so badly in the web rides challenge.

If someone likes Saleens, that is great. Beautiful car. Just information a buyer should know.

Quick Reply: Questions about Roush