Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Questions about Roush

Old 10-31-2009, 09:31 AM
disposablehero27
4th Gear Member

Question Questions about Roush

So whats the Low down on the Roush mustang, i know thats a pretty broad question, but i really don't know much at all about them, i mean i know saleen is a pretty GT basically with really good suspension, so whats the deal with roush? would you rather buy a cobra than a roush? or vice versa and why? power ratings and torque, bigger motors, that kinda thing. thanks for the help.
Old 10-31-2009, 09:46 AM
inyadreems
2nd Gear Member

These 2 websites should answer all your questions:

http://www.roushperformance.com/vehicles.shtml

http://www.fnsweet.com/
Old 10-31-2009, 10:12 AM
disposablehero27
4th Gear Member

ah, i'll have to check them out, but i'm blocked from that here at work. but thanks i'll get into for sure later on.
Old 10-31-2009, 04:28 PM
roush 427R
1st Gear Member

Can't go wrong with those websites. Roush has alot to offer.
Old 10-31-2009, 07:43 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Fnsweet is the best spot to look for facts and user opinions on these cars.
Personally, I love having mine and would rather own it than any other version of a Mustang.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:42 AM
LovinLife
1st Gear Member

Many make the decision based on looks. You really need to drive both before making the decision. I found that the Roush car has an elevated level of development behind it. It handles very well but also doesn't sacrifice ride quality to achieve an extra .01g on the skid pad. If you look at the www.roush.com website you will see a pretty awesome overview of all the capability within the company. I never saw anything like it from Saleen or any other tuners for that matter. If you do go purely on looks the Saleen is a beautiful car. I nearly bought one in 2006 but shyed away when there were lots of little squeaks and rattles on the test drive and the airbag light for the passenger seat wouldn't go off. It seems Saleen thrifted recalibrating the OCS when they put new foam and seatcovers on the seats making the cars unsafe to carry passengers imo. In the end I bought a 911 instead.

Fast forward to today. I still have and love my 911 but still wish I had a muscle car that has gobs of power and doesn't mind getting its' clutch dumped now and then. Last week I drove a new Roush Stage 3 car and was totally blown away. I found it hard to believe all the reviews that stated the car was more refined and faster than the GT500. Now I'm a believer. I had a riend that had a Saleen Extreme that I had driven a couple times before it was eventually bought back due to numerous quality problems. The Stage 3 car could run circles around the Extreme imo in terms of both power and quality. I will me ordering a new Mustang based product. It likely will be the Roush 540RH. I hope to get it in true sleeper style with factory wheels/tires and spoiler delete if they'll do it. The new Saleen car looks very nice and clean but the quality behind it is too unknown. Who knows if an upstart company will be able to give the level of customer service that car buyers expect/deserve these days.

My .02
Old 11-01-2009, 09:48 AM
SMOKE
2nd Gear Member

Cool

If you have specific questions on any model years ... ask.
As mentioned, ROUSH has a lot of engineering R&D in their vehicle development and their relationships with major automotive manufacturers should also stand a testament to the company and their place in the industry.

And they do make hot lil' mustangs ......
Old 11-01-2009, 07:07 PM
kenthicken
4th Gear Member

I'm assuming you mean a Roush Stage 3 / 427R / 428R / 429R / Blackjack when you say "Roush." Not to knock Stage 1 or 2 of course (body kit / interior / minor suspension mods), but the cars I listed have all new suspensions (springs / struts / swaybars / shocks), short throw shifter, 18 X 10 wheels, exhaust, upgraded upholstery and gauges, revised bodywork, and of course the Roushcharger and the computer calibration. On par with a Saleen SC 281 in many respects, although a lot more work is done to a Saleen car at the factory.

The Roush is a well-balanced car for sure - it's my daily driver, which it is perfect for!
Old 11-03-2009, 05:02 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

I like the idea behind the Sport/S1/S2 cars. A starting platform to build from if that's your thing. As well as something for those who want a fun car without the need for the blower (nor the added cost). Plus everything but the blower were options on the S1/2 cars.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:25 AM
esanger
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by disposablehero27
i mean i know saleen is a pretty GT basically with really good suspension, .
A pretty GT? LOL. Humph, and here I thought I had a pretty unique automobile...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Questions about Roush