Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Lights out at SMS

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 12:08 PM
LovinLife
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Werecow
Just the facts? How do you know that they are not just looking for bigger building at better rates? All the "facts" indicate that they are moving. Nothing else.
Not long ago the "facts" indicated that Techco was moving.
Old 01-24-2010, 04:06 PM
Werecow
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by LovinLife
Not long ago the "facts" indicated that Techco was moving.
Your point?
Old 01-24-2010, 06:51 PM
MoparMatt

Originally Posted by NotSteve
At night that is.

You ever hear of a switch? Like a light switch?

Maybe the one in your head has a short circuit.

Get a life, dude.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:08 AM
S281 E
5th Gear Member

hahahah
Old 01-26-2010, 12:34 PM
NotSteve

Originally Posted by MoparMatt
You ever hear of a switch? Like a light switch?

Maybe the one in your head has a short circuit.

Get a life, dude.
I have heard of a light switch, thanks.

I also see a number of factors pointing in the direction of dire times.
Some of these factors are the following:
- Selling less than 2 cars a month for two years
- Massive overhead
- Talks of relocation again
- No longer lighting up your building that serves as advertising
- No pools of cars to be built
- Continued delays is showing actual models due to non-completion

It is getting bad at SMS in the search to find people to try and sell their cars to, or at least get deposits from. It is known that last September Jim D. was trying to get owners information from the people who went to the Mustang Show at the Queen Mary for the SMS spam list pretending it was for the Saleen Registry, until he was asked to leave. If that isn't low enough, it gets worse. I was at another show and SMS had a "12 year old" running around trying to get owners info for a "car show alert" never telling them that it was a SMS spam list they were signing up for. Fact.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:05 PM
MoparMatt

Notsteve,

Your Queen Mary show stories sound like the same fiction that Mike Chessnoe of SCOA was spewing about several weaks back, which have since been proven untrue. Gotta quit repeting rumours.

You're sure there's not a light switch upstairs that's not flipped on??? I mean really.

What about the SPV S281 show car that was at the LA Auto Show -- basically in the basement, in a traffic school booth (liked the cute blonde, though) -- what does that tell you?

Meanwhile, SMS was in Concourse Hall and Steve was signing autographs for hours on end? SMS was in the main hall at Detroit, too, and Steve was signing autographs too.

Push the lever to "on" and see how that helps you. Check the circuit breaker just to be sure.

Oh, and get alife... people don't want to hear your dribble.

Where's the moderator when you need him???
Old 01-26-2010, 06:28 PM
GM EATER
2nd Gear Member

Question Why is SPV and SCOA brought into the thread?

Matt, if you have a beef with "not steve" there is no reason to bring SPV or SCOA into the topic, as up to this point it has been about SMS. SCOA or SPV has not done anything to induce an attack on them. Both SPV and SCOA are class entities and do not deserve berating. If you have a beef with "not steve" keep it on point. As you said Matt, where is the mod when you need him?
Old 01-26-2010, 06:40 PM
ctann
1st Gear Member

Where's the moderator when you need him???
I did volunteer to take over mod duties from sowaxwman, but have been unable to get any admins to return my emails. I'll keep trying...

Chris.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:00 PM
SMS Superparts

Great point, MoprMatt, that we were at the major, expensive auto shows. We also attended the OC Auto Show. We are in full swing with Production on the SMS Challenger. We are just completing our first year of production (not two years as NotSteve stated). Anyone can reference the "Launch Party @ Tentations" in Newport Beach last January. There are plenty of Mustangs here for the start of our Mustang Production, as anyone could see that was given a tour. We have NO plans of moving to another location, only expanding to the building behind us. Our Freeway Display is getting a lighting upgrade. The lighting that was there when we moved in was not sufficient to run all the time and quickly burned out. Thank you to all that know we are here, and we are staying! Oh and my 12 year old son had a blast attending the Christmas Fund Raiser Car Show for West Coast Customs and talking to all of the patrons. He did take down information from people to get updates from SMS Supercars and our car shows, which I haven't entered into our system yet because I have been so busy. Is there something wrong with that? All of my children frequent the shows with me, on rotation usually. They were all here at the SMS Show in September '09. SMS does not spam! Where would you get that information? We rarely send out email updates, in fact it is a complaint that we don't send enough. Who goes through the trouble to look up how much we may pay per square foot in leasing? WHO CARES? Just so all know, I have no intentions to reply to more back and forth on these rumors, as I am sure nay sayers will continue on this thread. If you have a question, you are welcome to come by or give us a call :-) Please keep in mind, we have business hours.

Chris, we love your car! Can we keep her? :-D

~Spring
Old 01-26-2010, 08:05 PM
NotSteve

Notsteve,

Your Queen Mary show stories sound like the same fiction that ...have since been proven untrue. Gotta quit repeting rumours.
It is a fact that Mike Shields, CEO of SPV, told Jim to leave the Queen Mary show due to his actions. If Jim told you other he lied. Fact.

Quick Reply: Lights out at SMS