Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

2007 Saleen/Parnelli Jones Edition

Old 04-07-2010, 10:46 AM
Dakotazeb

Default 2007 Saleen/Parnelli Jones Edition

I am looking to purchase a '07 Mustang GT with the Saleen/Parnelli Jones Edition and the 302 motor. From my research it appears there were only 500 of these made. I see several online for sale from $30k and up. I am wondering if you good folks on this site could give me some idea as to the fair market value of on of these Mustangs if it had roughly 10-12,000 miles on it? Thanks!
Old 04-07-2010, 04:14 PM
mikebna
3rd Gear Member

I know of one here that is used and has been on the lot for a year, I'm sure they will give you a good deal-I would be willing to check it out for you if you like after contacting them.

Phone number is 928-757-4041
Old 04-07-2010, 05:27 PM
Dakotazeb

Cliff Findlay Auto Center? I looked on their web site and they don't show that Mustang. Any idea what they are asking? I haven't tried calling them yet.

I'm really trying to get a handle on the value. It appears there are a lot of them available across the country so I'm wondering if people are dumping them due to Saleen's problems and questionable avilability of parts.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:09 PM
mikebna
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dakotazeb
Cliff Findlay Auto Center? I looked on their web site and they don't show that Mustang. Any idea what they are asking? I haven't tried calling them yet.

I'm really trying to get a handle on the value. It appears there are a lot of them available across the country so I'm wondering if people are dumping them due to Saleen's problems and questionable avilability of parts.
You are correct, Cliff Findlay Auto Center. It was on consignment originally and it was first sold to someone in Texas according to the window sticker. I do n ot know how much they want for it but it is still there I only live a couple of blocks away.

I've seen them going for 28K-30K in the last while. Most poeple bought them because they looked cool and when they found out how rare they were quit driving them and sold them for fear of breaking them. Not because the questionability on the parts. Most were in way over their heads on payment and had to dump them.

Saleen SPV still has a good stock of PJ parts on hand and they will sell them to PJ owners.

Give them a call and tell them that you have someone in the area that can look at it and I can send pics if need be.

PM me your info, email, phone number and such if you would like me to go further with this one. Later.

Last edited by mikebna; 04-07-2010 at 11:13 PM.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:53 PM
Dakotazeb

I called Cliff Findlay Auto Center. The car is on consignment from some wealthy dude in Las Vegas. He want's $45,900 and might take $42,000. The saleman admitted it's way over priced. So that doesn't do me much good.

Still looking for someone to tell me what FMV is. I think for the number of these Saleen/PJ editions that are on the market that $25-30,000 would be in the ballpark.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:29 PM
S281 E
5th Gear Member

From what I have seen 25K - 30K sounds about right.
Old 04-09-2010, 10:56 PM
tonylop33
1st Gear Member

I believe Capitol Ford in San Jose, Ca was advertising two PJs about 2 weeks ago...1/2 off MSRP.
Old 04-10-2010, 12:44 PM
Dakotazeb

Originally Posted by tonylop33
I believe Capitol Ford in San Jose, Ca was advertising two PJs about 2 weeks ago...1/2 off MSRP.
You are correct. I called them and they still have both of them. According to the salesman I talked to they are both brand new and apparently have been sitting on their lot for 3 years. He told me they were sale priced at $39,995. I informed him that was not a "sale price" and that I had been told they had been advertising them for 1/2 off MSRP. After doing some checking with his boss I think they could be bought for somewhere in the low $30's.

Funny thing is that I can't find them on Captial Expressway Ford's web site. Any ideas?
Old 04-10-2010, 08:05 PM
jdivad
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dakotazeb
You are correct. I called them and they still have both of them. According to the salesman I talked to they are both brand new and apparently have been sitting on their lot for 3 years. He told me they were sale priced at $39,995. I informed him that was not a "sale price" and that I had been told they had been advertising them for 1/2 off MSRP. After doing some checking with his boss I think they could be bought for somewhere in the low $30's.

Funny thing is that I can't find them on Captial Expressway Ford's web site. Any ideas?
Mine lived a similar life. The PJ was inventoried from June 2007 to December 2009. Excluding taxes mine was $60.00 with 240 miles on the odometer.

Here are the VINs for the Capital Expressway PJs.
1ZVFT82H175306167
1ZVFT82H875306179

The Ford Motor Company Database seems to have a 2009 model year cut-off for viewing a dealers inventory.

As for price... I was offered low/mid 30s for mine before I took delivery last December. Seemed like a more than fair offer. If I held little interest in Saleen Mustangs... I would have leaped at the offer.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:00 PM
Dakotazeb

Originally Posted by tonylop33
Tony, if I was to make a deal with Capitol Ford would you be willing to go there and check out the PJ's they have on the lot for me? I'm not quite ready to pull the trigger at this time. I have a project that should close within the next month that I will be receiving a nice commission from. Plan to use some of the funds to buy a Mustang but I don't want to spend the bucks until I have them in hand.

Being a PJ owner have you been happy with yours?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2007 Saleen/Parnelli Jones Edition