Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Brenspeed/JDM Engineering

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 07:50 PM
fast03stang
1st Gear Member

Default Brenspeed/JDM Engineering

Hey guys, i've had a couple of problems with my 05 saleen that can be fixed with a tune, so i have decided to upgrade to a 500Hp package, both brenspeed and JDM Engineering offer them, this is my first saleen, normally i get my work done at a local speed shop, lamotta performance, but i have decided to do one of these kits, but know nothing about either shop, as far as kits are concerned, they both are rated close in power, but the brenspeed comes with a steeda CAI, where jdm comes with the saleen extreme cai. I would appeciate any opinions or past experiences.
Old 07-01-2010, 07:29 AM
SC1039
1st Gear Member

IMO go with the JDM kit, then get it dyno tuned locally to really get it dialed in.

A word of caution however, the 500HP kit could be pushing the stock cast bottom end a little too close to the edge of what it will handle.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:02 AM
mikebna
3rd Gear Member

I trust JDM, and have ordered a few thousand dollars of upgrades and tunes from them. They are always right on and there by phone. I live in the middle of nowhere and have done all the work myself.

As far as the 500hp upgrade goes, you will be fine, what they mean is that it will be BHP not at the rear. Which means that you will be at around 425hp at the rear.

But yes it is a good idea to have the tune checked on a dyno run for air/feul mix.

It is well worth the money and fun factor.

One drawback might be getting the tune from them, I recommend that until you have it don't pull any old parts or install the new ones until you get it from them.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:19 AM
fast03stang
1st Gear Member

Yes you are correct, after looking at it, the 500Hp kits are rated at flywheel, sounds like i will go with jims kit over at JDM, i plan on installing everything myself and then bringing it over to a dyno shop to see what she can do and make sure she has plenty of fuel at top end. Thanks guys
Old 07-01-2010, 09:29 PM
stangky281
1st Gear Member

Default JDM tune may be locked

You may want to check with JDM to see if your tuner will be able to make any changes to the mail order tune. I suspect it will be locked. It is still a good idea to have it dyno'd and I would expect it will be safe all the way to the rev limit.
Old 07-02-2010, 07:54 AM
S281 E
5th Gear Member

I have delt with JDM before and even though some here have had positive experiences from them I did not. Just go to Lamotta Performance and those boys will treat you right. They can get you the same parts and do the tune.
Old 07-03-2010, 02:07 AM
Red_Devil
Official Sponsor For Whiteline USA

If your on the west coast, I wouldn't get a tune from JDM.
Old 07-03-2010, 04:28 PM
fast03stang
1st Gear Member

Located in Fl, i decided to go with JDM, just ordered the kit friday, lamotta performance is going to install and dyno the car, JDM is going to leave the tuner open so lamotta can make any changes if nessecary.
Old 07-03-2010, 10:30 PM
tonylop33
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Red_Devil
If your on the west coast, I wouldn't get a tune from JDM.
Who would you use in California...Norcal?
Old 07-04-2010, 01:18 AM
ACE 06-706
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by fast03stang
Located in Fl, i decided to go with JDM, just ordered the kit friday, lamotta performance is going to install and dyno the car, JDM is going to leave the tuner open so lamotta can make any changes if nessecary.
You won't be sorry. I went the same way with JDM. Jim III is really helpful and I cant say enough about LaMotta Performance. When it comes to having work done he is the BEST. I drive from Clearwater to have him work on mine. Good luck, and enjoy

Quick Reply: Brenspeed/JDM Engineering