Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

2011 Shelby or Roush stage 3

Old 10-12-2010, 05:03 PM
LovinLife
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by muzzy
I drive a saleen sc with mods I have never driven the 500 or roush. I was going on what I have read in the past about the motors of both cars and the SCGT5.4L500 came out on top for me
Can you provide a weblink to the articles. I looked briefly and found that the Roush is quicker in the quarter mile by nearly a half second. I was not able to find any road course comparison data but based on how the cars felt to me from behind the wheel I thought the Roush felt more nimble. Still hard for me to believe the Roush is that much quicker in the quarter mile. Interested to read where the GT500 beats it HANDS DOWN.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:55 PM
Snakebite64
4th Gear Member

I'm biased gt500 ftw
Old 10-12-2010, 07:26 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bigstick
You keep saying that...how do you know what people have driven?

One could turn it around and say that your input isn't relevant because a '00 Roush isn't comparable to an '11.

Oh, wait. I have no idea what you've driven, so maybe your opinion is relevant.
I know I commented on this, but something else struck me while at work today. If you look, I didn't comment on WHICH car to buy.

My post said to go drive both, and pick a car that fits you. I didn't favor one over the other at all.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:43 AM
Boss Hoss Rider

Well boys and girls, I pulled the plug saturday and picked up my 2011 Shelby convertible. I never got a chance to drive a Roush or Saleen or anything else. All I can tell you is this: Since I picked up the Shelby saturday, the smile has not left my face. I patiently wait for work to end daily so I can go excercise the "beast". This car is the fastest, quickest, most responsive vehicle I've ever owned and I couldn't be happier with my decision. OMG, the power this beast has is unbelievable. The sound, the roar, the sheer delight as I'm politely slamming through the gears is exhilarating. I'm pretty sure I made the right decision for me. This "race red" vert with the black rag top is beautiful and we're going to make beautiful music together for many years to come. Unless they come out with something faster. Of course, I've already heard about a lot of the after market things I can do to make this beast a super beast. Anyways, I'll post a few pics once I figure out how and then maybe you guys can start throwing some suggestions my way on how to make my Shelby even quicker. I humbly await hearing everybodys performance suggestions.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:10 PM
muzzy
1st Gear Member

All three cars are a good choice. Likie I said I drive a Saleen vert SC and I love it. It fits in with my family driving around the lake on a nice day. The Shelby has more power and that fits you better. I did have a chance to drive a stage1 2005, It was N/A so I could not make an honest view about the car although it was nice it was not for me
Old 10-14-2010, 04:22 AM
LovinLife
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Boss Hoss Rider
Well boys and girls, I pulled the plug saturday and picked up my 2011 Shelby convertible. I never got a chance to drive a Roush or Saleen or anything else. All I can tell you is this: Since I picked up the Shelby saturday, the smile has not left my face. I patiently wait for work to end daily so I can go excercise the "beast". This car is the fastest, quickest, most responsive vehicle I've ever owned and I couldn't be happier with my decision. OMG, the power this beast has is unbelievable. The sound, the roar, the sheer delight as I'm politely slamming through the gears is exhilarating. I'm pretty sure I made the right decision for me. This "race red" vert with the black rag top is beautiful and we're going to make beautiful music together for many years to come. Unless they come out with something faster. Of course, I've already heard about a lot of the after market things I can do to make this beast a super beast. Anyways, I'll post a few pics once I figure out how and then maybe you guys can start throwing some suggestions my way on how to make my Shelby even quicker. I humbly await hearing everybodys performance suggestions.
Congrats on the car purchase. It is awesome when you find a car that gives you the same special feeling everytime you drive is as it did the first time. I get that with my 911 and it lets you know it was the right decision for you!

Enjoy!
Old 10-17-2010, 05:41 PM
eolson
3rd Gear Member

Congrats on your purchase. If someone has intelligently built out their 05-10' GT with max suspension, brakes, (lost some weight and rotating mass) and put in a twin screw SC with a good custom tune at 10 or 12 lbs of boost, these cars handle great and are really fast, with as much HP as you can use on the street anyway. I would never pay 59,000 for a label car which performs OK.

I think you made the right choice, Ford has really revised the GT500, and for an all factory car it is the best ever for sure. The 1G it pulled on the lateral tests, the boost potential and the warranty can't be touched. Erik
Old 10-17-2010, 09:12 PM
kenthicken
4th Gear Member

Congrats! As for mods, seems to me you're set up very well from the factory. But for suggestions... I'm not sure how light weight the wheels are on your Shelby, but I can tell you when I went from cast wheels (33 lbs.) to forged wheels (28 lbs.), there was a notable difference in performance due to less rotating mass.
Old 10-18-2010, 01:15 AM
Lorenzo

Never test drove a Saleen before but it looks sick and I'm sure they perform as good as the GT500. You can't regret either one!
Old 10-18-2010, 03:35 AM
eolson
3rd Gear Member

Kenthicken, there are wheels for our cars that weigh 21lbs also. Erik

Last edited by eolson; 10-18-2010 at 04:27 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2011 Shelby or Roush stage 3