Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Fake or "clone" Saleens? Real Saleen Owners?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 10:05 AM
marlinmon07
2nd Gear Member

P***es me off. I'm still waiting on my replacement hood from Saleen after someone decided they needed to run into my car. Going on 6 months now. Maybe they would have some in inventory if people weren't using them to clone V6's. As far as I'm concerned all those people can go to h***. And so can Saleen, they shouldn't be selling the parts to them.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:22 AM
socalwrench
4th Gear Member

It's a business. Try Brenspeed, they may have one in stock, or TruFiber make a nice Saleen style hood- just saying.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:19 PM
Arnaldo31

Default no big deal

Is it honestly a big deal? I have an 05 V6 that is modified to look like a saleen. Does that make me some sort of poser? I got that car when I was 16. I'm a good driver now but if I were my parents I would never get a GT for my kid, much less a saleen. But, I did have spectacular taste and let's be honest, no body kit compares to the elegance of a saleen. I worked my *** off for two summers for 6 bucks an hour to get the kit, paint job, and wheels, and no one is going to tell me I don't deserve it. Sure, now that I'm older I wish I had a GT or a Saleen, but maybe with a career coming in I'll have a REAL one. If someone asks me if it's fast I say sure. If they say, nice car man, I say, thank you. If they ask if it's real I say not a chance. There's no need to get pissy or insecure. We have very little in common, I have a V6 and you have a Saleen. You win and you'll always win. What's there to be upset about that? If anything, that car has taught me what hard work gets you, which is what a first car is supposed to do.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:24 PM
2k05gt
4th Gear Member

Ok but what about TRIBUTE Cars?
I made mine a tribute to the 1967 GT350 I mean the car did not exist in 2005 so I figured it was ok, now they gave one in 2012.
I made my own Grill and Gas Cap

Here is my Tribute GT350

First, A custom made Gas Cap

Then a Custom Made Grill...

And a 2005 Mustang GT and Bam... a Tribute Car

Old 06-08-2011, 07:30 AM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Just adding badges doesn't do anything for me. The car's being cloned/copied are about more than looking fast. They ARE fast. Just making a car look fast is what Honda owner's are trying to do with massive mufflers and fiberglass body kits.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:17 PM
coderedsaleen

I love threads like these!

Old 06-10-2011, 06:20 PM
coderedsaleen

Old 06-10-2011, 06:47 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by LilRoush
Just adding badges doesn't do anything for me. The car's being cloned/copied are about more than looking fast. They ARE fast. Just making a car look fast is what Honda owner's are trying to do with massive mufflers and fiberglass body kits.

agreed....
Old 06-18-2011, 02:42 PM
coderedsaleen

Old 06-18-2011, 09:37 PM
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

Originally Posted by Arnaldo31
Is it honestly a big deal? I have an 05 V6 that is modified to look like a saleen. Does that make me some sort of poser? I got that car when I was 16. I'm a good driver now but if I were my parents I would never get a GT for my kid, much less a saleen. But, I did have spectacular taste and let's be honest, no body kit compares to the elegance of a saleen. I worked my *** off for two summers for 6 bucks an hour to get the kit, paint job, and wheels, and no one is going to tell me I don't deserve it. Sure, now that I'm older I wish I had a GT or a Saleen, but maybe with a career coming in I'll have a REAL one. If someone asks me if it's fast I say sure. If they say, nice car man, I say, thank you. If they ask if it's real I say not a chance. There's no need to get pissy or insecure. We have very little in common, I have a V6 and you have a Saleen. You win and you'll always win. What's there to be upset about that? If anything, that car has taught me what hard work gets you, which is what a first car is supposed to do.
As long as you don't have Saleen emblems on it and don't claim its a Saleen, I have no problem with cars like yours. Its the same with Roush clones.

Quick Reply: Fake or "clone" Saleens? Real Saleen Owners?