Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

97 Roush Abused Need Help!!

Old 10-05-2013, 10:24 PM
Crabby44

Default 97 Roush Abused Need Help!!

I have a 1997 Roush I just bought. I got it cheap, but the guy didn't take care of it at all. The exhaust it jacked up. The mufflers are rotted out and the side pipes are hanging and dragging the ground. I can't seem to find it for my car, I can find 99 and up exhaust and that's it. Its missing the left lower chin on the bumper cover is gone. I think I am just changing the cover with a different style that will look good with the car. I just really like to find the exhaust though. Thanks for you help!!
Old 10-06-2013, 07:43 AM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the site!!! I 'd love more info on the car. Where did you get it? Color? What Stage? Other options?

For the exhaust, you have a couple of options. The original Magnaflow side exit kit is still around directly from them (can't get anything old school straight from Roush anymore). The other option (which a lot of owner 'upgrade' to) is the Spin Tech 333SCS muffler set up. The oval tips are out of production, but there is a place that makes a similar after market tip that will fit. I need to go dig out the new for you. I want to say it was REACTIVE - but don't quote me on that.
I know of at least two sets of on mounted front splitters floating around. They aren't going to be cheap though - but well worth it if you want to retain the original shape of the car.

Also, sign up for FnSweet.com - the unoffical Roush forum. There are a few guys floating around there that have been with Roush since the start, and will be able to get you more detailed info about your car and help you track down parts for it. Several of us have been stock piling extra parts 'just in case'.
Old 10-06-2013, 04:35 PM
Crabby44

Originally Posted by LilRoush
Welcome to the site!!! I 'd love more info on the car. Where did you get it? Color? What Stage? Other options?

For the exhaust, you have a couple of options. The original Magnaflow side exit kit is still around directly from them (can't get anything old school straight from Roush anymore). The other option (which a lot of owner 'upgrade' to) is the Spin Tech 333SCS muffler set up. The oval tips are out of production, but there is a place that makes a similar after market tip that will fit. I need to go dig out the new for you. I want to say it was REACTIVE - but don't quote me on that.
I know of at least two sets of on mounted front splitters floating around. They aren't going to be cheap though - but well worth it if you want to retain the original shape of the car.

Also, sign up for FnSweet.com - the unoffical Roush forum. There are a few guys floating around there that have been with Roush since the start, and will be able to get you more detailed info about your car and help you track down parts for it. Several of us have been stock piling extra parts 'just in case'.
Thanks!, I got it from a friend who bought it brand new in 97. It has 76,000 miles, Stage 1. It's a base model white GT, even has crank windows. 5 speed. The origioonal wheels where stolen and replaced with Mach 1 take offs. Only custom modifications is the stereo system. 13 years ago it cost about 10 grand. It's sounds pretty good. The care only had an am/fm radio when bought new. That's about it. Picked it up for 4 grand. It just needs a lot work. I may end up reprinting it again I don't know. I might do a Saleen bumper, it looks like it flows nicely with the rest of the kit, or maybe a cobra cover. The ground effects all need painted. It also needs a clutch and throw out bearing too. All in it can be nice again as long as I find everything I need.
Old 10-06-2013, 05:55 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

I would highly suggest getting the original parts for this car. All shined up, you'll be holding a car worth three or four times what you paid for it. These original cars are rare, and the value is climbing with every passing day.
Old 10-06-2013, 07:40 PM
Crabby44

Originally Posted by LilRoush
I would highly suggest getting the original parts for this car. All shined up, you'll be holding a car worth three or four times what you paid for it. These original cars are rare, and the value is climbing with every passing day.
Thanks for you help. I will let you know if I need the lower chin pieces. I will try and look for myself around here. I know what your saying about trying to keep it all original. Thanks again!