Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

What should come with a new Boss 302 LS?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 04:47 PM
pbsaz

Default What should come with a new Boss 302 LS?

So Thursday, very late, I stopped by the same Ford dealer on whose showroom I first saw the Boss 302 back in 1970. Long story short, this time I went home with the Boss 302 Laguna Seca that was on the same showroom floor. Unfortunately they don't seem to have been too careful with the "extras" that come with the car. Today, I went in to have the track key programmed only to find out that they need a blue voucher which they don't have.

So my confidence is low that I have or will get everything that comes with the car, hence my question.

So far I know I'm missing the "blue voucher" and whatever comes in the way of an owners manual. What does it look like and what all is included with that?

What extra parts come with car. They found one box that appears to have the front air splitter. What should have come in the box with the splitter?

Another box had two red tubes but I have no idea what to do with them except that they must provide airflow from the splitter to the brakes?

A third box had another part trans cooler. What all should have been in that box?

If someone would please take the time to list everything I would greatly appreciate it as I'd like to get back to the dealer ASAP and make a claim.

Since this is my first post I guess I can't post a picture of my new car. Right now it's a the dealer since I told them to call me when they can deliver it properly.

Thank you for your help!

Philip
Old 01-24-2012, 11:34 AM
nacmd70

You will have to keep on their *** until all your questions are answered. Send e-mails to the custowmer service rep at the dealership and also to Ford Motors. I received a TracKey on delivery but it took numerous e-mails and several days to the sales person, sales manager, and CSR to find out that it was not programmed. When they did get back to me they told me to call the Ford Racing Team to get the voucher, however when I called FRT they told me the dealership has to get the voucher. It was a gigantic cluster ****. Scheduled the time to have it programmed, took the car in and then they told me they needed the voucher. Service department worked on my statement and an hour later they told me that indeed I was correct, they would get the voucher and I would have to come back in a few days after they had the voucher. Also they had no idea about the removable muffler baffles.
I don't know if you received a questionaire from Ford Motors about your car buying experience. If so, fill it out and state your frustrations. I did receive a personalized response letter from them with a file number. Document all of the time spent trying to get it all straightened out.
Keep after them.
Big problem for me is that the car is garaged close to the dealership but I live about 500 miles away.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:37 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

the orange tubes are the brake cooling ducts, the splitter, the ducts, and the trans cooler are all the extras you are supposed to get. as for installing, that stuff has to go on the car post delivery and install isn't included in the price of the car that I know of. the track key tune isn't a ford part, it comes from ford racing. you get the black and red keys, but not the tune software with the car. the dealer has to order the part and when it comes in they can program the key.
Old 07-31-2016, 09:16 PM
hummerh3

Does anyone have a "voucher" for sale. I have a 2012 Boss with a track key that was never programmed and Ford discontinued it 2 months ago. Ford Racing will program the PCM if I can find a voucher.
Old 08-10-2016, 07:59 AM
shaun12
2nd Gear Member

Not sure about the voucher, but a lot of "BOSS" guys reach out to AED tuning - a guy named shawn white does remote tunes that feature the same stuff as the red key. highly recommended, and easy to work with.

A lot of guys had mods done that required a tune of the PCM to get them to work correctly, but still wanted the "idle lope, and compression braking" that you get with the ford tune. I myself will be getting one, once my LT's and a few other parts are installed.

i know its not what you're looking for, but maybe next best option if you don't find a voucher.
Old 08-10-2016, 12:25 PM
hummerh3

Default track key voucher

Thanks! I will look into that.