Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 06:25 PM
bradleyj114

Default SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!

I have a 2007 Saleen Mustang s281 sc and i recently just bought a metco Motorsports pulley. The pulley that came on the car is a 4 inch pulley and the one I bought is a 2.80 inch. I want to know if I can get away with not tuning my car if I put this upgraded pulley on it. It says its supposed to add an additional 12 pounds of boost and if thats the case im a little nervous to put it on without tuning it. If anyone can help it will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 03-01-2012, 12:58 PM
Got_GT

Welcome to the boards.

Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question. I would assume getting it tuned would be preferable.

You are likely to get more responses if you post in the 2005-2012 tech section. Your question isn't a feature specific to a Saleen. Lots of folks with GT's put in superchargers and swap pulleys. I'm sure someone there can answer your question.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:32 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

You'll want a fresh tune after the pulley swap.
Old 03-03-2012, 12:48 PM
Jim D.
3rd Gear Member

With most any mod it's a good idea to get a revised tune by someone reputable. I know JDM has worked on these cars a lot and they know them like the back of their hand. If you get one of their tuners, they can email you a revised tune and help you through it -- call or write for details.