Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

1999 Roush Mustang Convertible Chrome Yellow

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 07:27 PM
Reneej

Default 1999 Roush Mustang Convertible Chrome Yellow

Hi everyone, I'm new here and new to Mustangs although we are old car enthusiasts. We have a friend who's mother bought a 1999 convertible chrome yellow Roush from the factory and basically it's been garaged since. It only has 12,000 miles and truly absolutely perfect. I drove it last night and I must say it was incredible! Can any of you provide a history on the car? It seems as if there were only 2 Chrome Yellow Convertible Roush Stage 2s that were made that year? Can you confirm that? Also can anyone help place a value on this car? I cannot find it in the Black Book that we normally use to value cars. It is perfection as it was the day it rolled from the dealer. All paperwork from the dealer is with the car... This is the real deal. Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 05-28-2013, 06:51 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Welcome to the forum, post up some pics
Old 05-28-2013, 06:52 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Ps: I'm going to move this to the speciality section, better chance of getting information.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:00 AM
Reneej

Thank you for moving to another section. I got a little overwhelmed as to where to put it
I will try to get some pics and upload them. Thanks again!
Old 05-28-2013, 10:22 AM
Sonic Mustang
Banned

I've seen some information on the internet confirming only 2 1999 Roush Stage 2 Chrome Yellow Mustang convertibles. I got curious and actually called Roush and was told they didn't have any production data available from 1999.

The guy at Roush suggested checking out this Roush enthusiast website: http://fnsweet.com

Are you asking about the value because you want to buy the car?
Old 05-28-2013, 11:57 AM
Reneej

Thank you for the info. I am absolutely interested in buying it... if I knew what kind of # would be appropriate to offer. I absolutely fell in love with the car. Thanks again for any info you all can provide.
Renee'
Old 05-28-2013, 05:12 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

FNSweet is the home of all things Roush - and many of us have been around for awhile. Some on there are old Roush employees. A few have kept track of rarer cars.

99/00 were tough. Those years production increased, but 'real' Roushs weren't all build in Michigan. Roush allowed authorixed dealers to assemble some. Offical numbers started up again in 2000, but even those are hit and miss.

What build number is it? There should be a tag on the passanger side of the door. What options does it have? Brakes? Seats? Dash cluster? Any info you have would help me get you more about it's history.

Value on the car will vary depending on who you ask. To a Roush guy or a collector, the value will be high due to early builds being hard to find. To the average car guy, add 15-20% to what a similar mileage GT would sell for in the current market.

Last edited by LilRoush; 05-28-2013 at 05:22 PM.
Old 05-28-2013, 05:19 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Found at least one '99 in yellow listed on the site with pics from way back in the day.

http://www.fnsweet.com/pics/r_roush/brian.shtml
Old 05-29-2013, 03:16 PM
Reneej

Hi all! Thank you Matt for all of your info and help. I tried to register on fnsweet and they sent an email that I did not meet their requirements to be a member
Anyway, the car has ALL of the goodies you mentioned above and is just cherry. Also, I found today that the Roush build # is 1038. It has all of the Roush documentation with it as well. Any info anyone can provide would just be awesome! Thank you all very much,
Renee'
Old 05-30-2013, 06:31 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

What did they say about not getting registered? That's odd. If you want I can talk to Sam and make sure you get signed up.

On the spec sheet that has all of the Roush options listed, there should be an origin or build location listed (might be listed as "destination" for the car to be dropped off at originally prior to going to the dealer to be sold). It might also be on the Ford window sticker. Knowing who built it can help me track down more info about it.

Quick Reply: 1999 Roush Mustang Convertible Chrome Yellow