Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Modifications & warranties

Old 10-31-2014, 01:43 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Default Modifications & warranties

Modifications & warranties

Incidentally, I talked to my local Ford Service Manager while in for my F150 Ecoboost & he assured me that if I put a Roushcharger on a new Mustang he'll treat it like any other warranty unless there was "obvious abuse". Gee, a common sense approach! Some Ford Service Managers actually have a brain, & no stick up their tailpipe! I had an '08 with a Roush Supercharger on it & was told "Your entire warranty is voided!" to "No problem!" based on the intelligence or ignorance of the Ford employee! For Ford to void a warranty the "burden of proof" is on Ford to show that the car was abused & the modification caused the car to be damaged! Judges usually apply common sense to cases contrary to what some like to believe.

I sold it for $25,000. Boo Hoo!
Old 10-31-2014, 02:14 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

It depends on the approach. Technically/legally, your entire factory drive train warranty would be voided by Ford after installing the Roush blower.
But that is the technicalities of who's warranty covers what parts once installing warrantied performance parts by an authorized dealer.
Old 11-25-2014, 04:39 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Ford Dealerships advertise the Roush/Ford combo warranty all the time! Some Ford Dealers are Roush Authorized Dealers & install Roush Superchargers, sell Roush numbered cars. They advertise that the supercharger & driveline are covered by Roush & the rest of the car is covered by Ford. I had a Roush Supercharger put on my car & had a transmission replace with no hassle. They didn't even contact Roush, because it was obvious it had a bad bearing in it from manufacture. They just switched out the transmission without a problem.

Dat's all I can say! Believe what you want!
Old 11-27-2014, 01:13 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Correct. The ROUSH part of the warranty will cover damage from the use of the Roush parts. They are a different from the warranty from the original Ford warranty offered on a new car. There for if damage occurs to the Ford parts from the Roush parts, Ford will not cover them - Roush will.
In your case, it was clear that it was a Ford issue, so Ford's warranty would have covered it.
Like I said, it's all in the technicalities of it. There is a BIG difference between an owner installed part and a certified dealer installed part when it comes to warranties as well. That being said, the new Ford supercharger kit for the 2015 cars is in fact a Roush made blower.
Old 11-28-2014, 06:09 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

I guess we are on the same page! My only point is that people were being scared off with the loose talk that warranties are voided by getting a Roush Supercharger put on a new Mustang. You even hear it from ignorant service managers. Happily the service manager at my local dealership is gone & the new one isn't a rectum. You remember that I've always stated that the installation had to be done by an "authorized Roush Dealer".

As you've probably noticed I sold my '08 for $25,000. which is not bad for having it these many years. I'm considering buying a 2015 GT Automatic & setting it up with a Roush Supercharger & some striping much the way I set up the '08. Add a set of Bilstein shocks on it & it is a lot of car for a reasonable price. My big problem is how to get away from the "teeny bopper wagon wheels" so popular & getting a more traditional looking wheel! I'm waiting for Ford to make the "30 year old teen boppers" happy & create a model where the whole car is sprayed "Flat Black" including all the windows with a giant skull on the hood! Then we be slamm'n Bro! The ugly wheels.... "Oh, the humanity!"

Last edited by Mr. D; 11-28-2014 at 06:55 PM.
Old 01-15-2015, 09:08 AM
Kyle@ROUSH
Former Sponsor

Ultimately its up to the dealership to void the factory warranty, but its safe to assume that will be the case once you install the supercharger. That's why we offer the option to purchase the Roush warranty which would pick up where the factory left off and cover you.
Old 03-10-2015, 10:07 AM
Ledgend Shaker
1st Gear Member

Good information here... Thanks for starting the thread!

Always wanted to know how this affects the Warranty, But never let it keep me from modding my Mustangs!
Old 09-26-2015, 02:06 PM
tritek_02

Default Warranty

Originally Posted by Kyle@ROUSH
Ultimately its up to the dealership to void the factory warranty, but its safe to assume that will be the case once you install the supercharger. That's why we offer the option to purchase the Roush warranty which would pick up where the factory left off and cover you.
Kyle what are the details with the Roush warranty and what does it cover?
Old 09-28-2015, 05:31 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

I just talked to my local Ford Service Manager about the new Mustang I'm buying. (1.) He confirmed what I've know for years that legal precedent puts the burden on Ford to demonstrate that a modification has cause a failure needing repair that wouldn't have occurred. (2.) He confirmed that he would not refuse doing a repair unless he could see obvious abuse, or misuse of the car which is completely fair. (3.) The Service Manager offered to put on a Roush Supercharger on my 2016 at the dealership. (4.) I had a bearing go out in the transmission of my '08 Mustang with a Roush Supercharger on it & the transmission was replaced with no problem whatsoever!

I suggest you should talk to your dealer's Service Manager & see what his attitude is about the situation! The Service Manager before this present one was an incredible ***** & told some people that any modification voided every element in your warranty. So whether your local service manager is reasonable & has some intelligence is probably the big issue. You could also contact the Ford Area Manager to get an intelligent answer. Having said that, if you are going to beat the manure out of your Mustang like a spoiled nince year old or race it regularly is it reasonable to expec Ford to back the parts you blow, or a tire manufacturer to replace tires you burn off the rim in 5K miles? If you won't sleep at night buy the Roush warranty!

Last edited by Mr. D; 09-28-2015 at 05:35 AM.
Old 09-28-2015, 06:24 AM
tritek_02

Good information Mr D, but that is the issue I am having.... Getting the dealer and Roush on the same page. My car doesn't go to the track but I take it to local shows and try to get it out when I can. I have a 2014 with 8000 miles built by Roush and now have issues with the car.

I'm trying to figure out what can be done and how to go about getting it done.