Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Book Values RS3

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2016, 06:49 PM
Carlisimocam

Default Book Values RS3

I just purchased an RS3 Mustang and need to know where I can go to determine the book values to this car if I ever wanted to trade it in.
Old 12-26-2016, 09:15 AM
proeagles
4th Gear Member

Sadly there is no book value for a RS3 or any Roush for that matter. Kelly, NADA, the dealer's black book all look at it as a GT Mustang which is why the value drops like a rock. Once it is a used car, the bank has no way of determining a good value other than a GT and you can't get a decent loan without a wad of cash to cover the depreciation. It is what it is, a niche car for a niche buyer, worth little to nothing on the open market.
Old 12-28-2016, 09:07 PM
kenthicken
4th Gear Member

What proeagles said.
Old 01-01-2017, 06:48 PM
AL_TOON
2nd Gear Member

yep.. I had a Saleen extreme MSRP $72k

being in the car biz and trying to sell it dealers/trade in value - the dealerships will hang their hat on the VIN number, they can only go by the VIN when looking at trade ins. ive run this by many ford dealerships

you will need to sell it private party etc etc

but.... this allows one to get a nice Roush or Saleen for a deep discount if you shop and have patience.
Old 01-02-2017, 08:29 AM
Carlisimocam

Default Class action lawsuit

Seems that when a manufacturer backs a product the national database should be able to identify theses adds on a book out. Doesn't seem like something the consumer should be misguided on. Remember these adds are on the manufacturer addendum to the invoice. Looks like the right person has not stepped up and disclosed this information. This could become a class action suit.
Old 01-02-2017, 08:41 AM
JimC

Originally Posted by Carlisimocam
Seems that when a manufacturer backs a product the national database should be able to identify theses adds on a book out. Doesn't seem like something the consumer should be misguided on. Remember these adds are on the manufacturer addendum to the invoice. Looks like the right person has not stepped up and disclosed this information. This could become a class action suit.
Actually the Roush changes don't appear on the "manufacturer addendum". The Ford invoice will only have the Ford equipment. The Roush changes, or the Shelby changes, etc. are all on their own window sticker. They are not added to the Ford window sticker and data base. Ford may not even know that the car was sent to Roush or Shelby.
Old 01-02-2017, 11:19 AM
Carlisimocam

That is incorrect. Working in Ford I do know that the invoice has a separate addendum that does disclose all the add-ons one invoice priced and One suggested retail price column. So it does bring a disclosure through the manufacture stating the add-ons both priced for the cost of the product and suggested retail price of the product. That is why i'm unsure as to why they manufacture would attach the addendum to the MSRP as part of the total cost of the product and then not give a credit for this on resale. It's equivalent to 20 inch wheels back up camera, sunroof etc.
Old 01-02-2017, 04:18 PM
proeagles
4th Gear Member

That is incorrect. Working in Ford I do know that the invoice has a separate addendum that does disclose all the add-ons one invoice priced and One suggested retail price column. So it does bring a disclosure through the manufacture stating the add-ons both priced for the cost of the product and suggested retail price of the product. That is why i'm unsure as to why they manufacture would attach the addendum to the MSRP as part of the total cost of the product and then not give a credit for this on resale. It's equivalent to 20 inch wheels back up camera, sunroof etc.
Don't know what Ford dealer you worked at but if you look at the window sticker for a Roush or Shelby, it will contain only the parts installed by Ford. There will be a separate sticker applied to the inside of the windshield with all the Roush applied stuff. It is what it is and will always be.
Old 01-02-2017, 06:07 PM
Carlisimocam

Default Invoice and sticker

I'm not sure that you have a purchased a Mustang RS3. But that is the only explanation that I could come to for you to be so hung up on the window sticker. Have you ever seen an invoice for a Rauch Mustang? Because the window sticker does no justice to the details of a invoice.
Old 01-02-2017, 06:11 PM
Carlisimocam

Default Window sticker part two

I'm not sure that you have a purchased a Mustang RS3. Because that is the only explanation that I could come to for you to be so hung up on the window sticker. Have you ever seen an invoice for a Roush stage 3 Mustang? Because the window sticker does no justice to the details of a invoice.
matter fact when you submit a loan to the bank on this car you cannot use a window sticker you have to use an invoice with an ad on addendum invoice if it applies in which this case it does for the stage III. So please don't not reply to these forums if you don't have a clear explanation nor understanding of the subject matter. Window stickers have nothing to do with what I am trying to get that.