Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

2005 O/R Exhaust Installed Plus Jacked Up Pics

Old 01-02-2006, 08:35 PM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

Default 2005 O/R Exhaust Installed Plus Jacked Up Pics

Hey there - for those with '05-6's thinking of adding an off road H pipe, I installed the Pypes H with MIL eliminators from Brenspeed yesterday and am very satisfied to say the least. It is loud and throaty like a performance car should be, but not obnoxious. Not much drone at top gear cruising RPM's, and when you punch it - you know its not stock The install was suprisingly easy, it took me about 30 minutes to get the car up in the air on stands (very carefully), and about another hour or so to get the factory catted pipe off and install the new one. It bolts up using the stock manifold studs, and the stock post-h connector sleeves to the pipes leading back. They are aluminzed, not stainless but that won't be much of a concern for me as this car will never see rain or snow and limited cruise-in/show miles only. I give it two thumbs up

For those that want to see where to jack up from, and where to place the stands, see my pics posted here:

https://mustangforums.com/fb.asp?m=886249

There are also a couple naked rear-end pics without the facia [8D]
Old 01-02-2006, 08:49 PM
Juztang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: 2005 O/R Exhaust Installed Plus Jacked Up Pics

I wanna hear that baby at the Indy show!
Old 01-03-2006, 11:41 AM
eboley

I thought you were going with the Off Road X. What"s the difference in your opinion that changed your mind?
Old 01-03-2006, 01:50 PM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

I decided to stick with an H - which is what comes factory. I basically wanted to get rid of the cats. Plus i heard a lot of comments about the X sounding too wierd, or high pitched, or cackly - that was enough negative comments for me. Everywhere I read stated the H has a lower rumble than an X - and that is really what I wanted.

If you end up going with an o/r X I'd love to hear your feedback on how it sounds with the stock Saleen axel backs.

Old 01-03-2006, 03:01 PM
demarcom
2nd Gear Member

Sowaxeman, did you find any front suspension items "loose" based on the clunking sound we have all been experiencing? Also, what happend to your rear fascia? I remember you said something about warranty work? I had mine repainted because the shipper scratched the rear fascia on mine.
Old 01-03-2006, 11:30 PM
Maximillian

thats a great looking saleen you've got there ..

congrats on the new H-pipe , do you mind recording a sound clip if it too much trouble forget about it.

another question , is there a sound difference between a stock mustang gt muffler and the ones from saleen , i hear they're magnaflows ? how do they sound.

im asking this because i have a regular gt and putting the bodykit and exhaust on it and wonder if there will be a difference.

thanks alot and enjoy your pony

Max
Old 01-04-2006, 11:14 AM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

I did not check any suspension parts yet. I was too psyched to get the exhaust done. I do have to put it back up in the air when I put the rear facia back on so I'll check it all out then. The rear facia had quite a few sanding marks in it from the factory that is being re-painted.

I don't have the means to easily record an audio clip. Sorry. Plus I don't have plans to get the car out on the roads anytime soon. The day I did drive it for about 2 miles to let all the oil smoke off the pipes, there was just WAY too much sand and stuff being thrown up under the car. Now I have to do a mid winters underbody bath [:@]

The Saleen axel backs do sound different than a GT. Not a ton, but definitely noticeable. Mostly due to the turn-down tips that come right off the muffler (these are the ones that are valved closed - I recommend bypassing the valves full time ) I think they are made by Bassani on the '05.
Old 01-05-2006, 05:41 AM
Maximillian

thanks sowaxeman, you mentioned bypassing the vavles full time , can you tell me how to do it ? im telling my installer to do so but im afraid he'll not know what im talking about.
Old 01-05-2006, 12:00 PM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

Here's my original post on how to DIY: https://mustangforums.com/fb.asp?m=582034
Old 01-14-2009, 10:55 PM
marlinmon07
2nd Gear Member

sowaxeman, can you repost the link to those install pics please?
Thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2005 O/R Exhaust Installed Plus Jacked Up Pics