Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

06 SALEEN S281-SC 1/4 TIME

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 06:03 AM
stang13
1st Gear Member

Default RE: 06 SALEEN S281-SC 1/4 TIME

http://www.body-kitz.com/contents/me...FDMU-SS202.jpg

I was just wondering cuz I saw this hood that kinda looks like the saleens. The holes go straight through and that would mess up the engine I think. Nice to hear real saleens have no leak issue.
Old 01-25-2006, 03:03 AM
gastoys

I see that Chevy guy is talking smack about our Saleens. He stated that the Saleen SC is 2nd to worse next to the Roush and that Vortech or ProCharger is way better. Maybe so, but Vortech runs higher PSI to get the higher HP. The Saleen SC is running at only 4 to 5 psi to put out 430HP. The many articles that I have read show the Vortech running 8 to 10 PSI to get 450+ HP. Seems to me the Saleen SC puts alot less stress on the stock motor when running at 4 to 5 psi.

gastoys
Old 01-25-2006, 10:58 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

I have to agree. Not everyone who is looking for added power is looking for the best 1/4 mile times possible. I ordered the Saleen SC cuz I wanted a clean and easy boost of +85 to 100 HP. I also wanted it because it makes this power on a low boost pressure......which means less stress on the engine. I don't have 8 grand to drop on port and polish and high performance bottom ends so I can make 500+HP on 15+ psi.......cuz I don't wanna have to worry about paying to replace or rebuild a blown engine. I don't want to build a monster. All I want is a reliable 400rwhp mustang.
I've talked to a couple of ppl on this site in the past week who have installed the Series VI and are making between 360 and 385 rwhp. And thats just with the stock setup and included tune. I don't think thats a bad deal considering that amount of extra horsepower is not gonna take much more of a toll on the lifespan of the stock engine (driver stupidity with the gas pedal notwithstanding).
Could I install a Vortech or KB? Sure. But those setups are designed to be customized for high power gains. They require moving air under alot more pressure to make their high numbers. The Saleen charger is designed specificly to make an extra 100 horses on minimum boost. You CAN up the boost .....but I'm not sure how high you can go on the saleen sc. But like i said, someone who gets this supercharger probably isn't trying to build a 550HP stang.
In the end, its all about the kind of car you want. I don't think the 4600 i spent for the reliable gains I'm gonna see is a waste. I dare say how many 05/06 stang modders have modded to 400+HP on that little of an investment? If you have, you can bet you'll make up the difference in maintenance and tuning. In the end though, its the owner's choice. Don't call someone who goes with the saleen sc a ***** cuz he can't match your 500+HP setup. Besides.....I KNOW that 500+HP setup cost more than 4600 to make happen. Just look at our boy airfoil. Yeah, he's got a mad CRAZY stang running right now......go ask him how much it cost him to get there.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:19 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but what times are the saleen 475hp kits hitting in the 1/4 mile? I ran a 12.5@108mph on a cool V3 non-intercooled, compared to a somewhat cooled down 12.8@108mph... I am thinking of the Saleen 475hp kit, but also considering an intercooler for my V3. Pretty confident I'll be pulling some 12.2/12.3s on street tires

(4.10s, delete plates, exhaust cut outs 10 psi V3/intercooled, sea level pretty much)

Thinking about swapping it for a Saleen but want to know exactly what I am getting out of it..
Old 01-28-2011, 10:11 AM
Big50
2nd Gear Member

I pulled around what times you did with the 475 kit. I wouldn't waste my time with that kit. Get the base kit, i assume you already have the larger injectors so you don't need the 475 kit. You will see around 400 whp with that kit. Do a custom tune with either a 3.4 or 3.6 pulley and you will see around 440-480 whp and be able to dip into the high 11's or better.

If your only looking to improve your quarter mile time the cheapest way would be to add the intercooler and get a retune. Both superchargers are capable it just depends on if you want to switch to the twin screw characteristics of instant boost at lower rpms.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:17 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

I think its funny reading back on chevykillers post from over 4 years ago...im making over 500rwhp with 6.9psi with the saleen blower...tell me thats not efficient
Old 01-28-2011, 02:46 PM
Big50
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 06Saleen3V
I think its funny reading back on chevykillers post from over 4 years ago...im making over 500rwhp with 6.9psi with the saleen blower...tell me thats not efficient
Oh ya, I read that at first and was about to reply but than I saw it was from 06. They are great blowers, many have got into the 10's with them. JDM was able to break into 9's with one.

Those are some impressive numbers you have there on low boost. I assume you have full exaust with cams.
Old 01-28-2011, 02:48 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

yep and a ported saleen blower
Old 01-28-2011, 05:45 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Big50
I pulled around what times you did with the 475 kit. I wouldn't waste my time with that kit. Get the base kit, i assume you already have the larger injectors so you don't need the 475 kit. You will see around 400 whp with that kit. Do a custom tune with either a 3.4 or 3.6 pulley and you will see around 440-480 whp and be able to dip into the high 11's or better.

If your only looking to improve your quarter mile time the cheapest way would be to add the intercooler and get a retune. Both superchargers are capable it just depends on if you want to switch to the twin screw characteristics of instant boost at lower rpms.
The only reason I am getting the intercooler for my V3 is that I already have the non-intercooled kit and it'll be cheaper to get the intercooler and make more boost. I can only drive the V3 during the winter over some BS winter warning about the blower, so I might get the Saleen eventually.. I don't mind taking off the kit every winter because it saves me the worry about instant boost of the TS, but its still a pain to install/take off etc. I like the price of the 475hp and am getting an upgrade later.

Originally Posted by 06Saleen3V

lol I googled Saleen and this thread came up lol

Thats some great numbers with such modest boost.. I want to run as much boost as I can with 90 octance and a BAP without upgrading to the GT500 dual fuel pumps.

Originally Posted by Big50
Oh ya, I read that at first and was about to reply but than I saw it was from 06. They are great blowers, many have got into the 10's with them. JDM was able to break into 9's with one.

Those are some impressive numbers you have there on low boost. I assume you have full exaust with cams.
I thought this thread was off.. I seen a lot of vids on youtube of Saleen 281s running 10s

I have 4.10s, delete plates, and the V3 non-intercooled @ 8 psi on street tires, good air and sea level on the 12.5 run... that sucker runs so hot, I had to park for an hour and a half to let it cool down. Most of my runs were 12.8 on average, 2.0 60 fts.

I am looking to run 12.2s@118+mph with the Saleen 281 w/ upgrade kit...
Old 01-29-2011, 12:33 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

the centri will will better for consistent track times but the twin screw will make for a much more fun ride, especially on the street

Quick Reply: 06 SALEEN S281-SC 1/4 TIME