Notices
5.0L GT S550 Tech This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the GT variation of the 2015+ Ford Mustang.

Power Pack 3

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2017, 08:55 AM
3.73GT

Default Power Pack 3

I recently purchased a 2017 GT with a Performance Pack. I would like to keep it under warranty for now and have been considering purchasing the Power Pack stage 3 from Ford. As much as I have searched, I have not seen anyone discuss their results with one. I was wondering if anyone in here has it and if so, how much time did you shave off your 1/4 mile? I know the numbers it puts out on dyno but I am curious to the real life results.

The only other mod I am doing for now is a stainless steel MBRP H-Pipe and Catback exhaust. I am hoping the 3.73 gears the car came with, Power Pack, and exhaust can get me in 12.1 range. I know some tunes alone can do that but the Ford tune is rather weak. Thanks in advance!
Old 01-23-2017, 07:59 AM
SSlayer

i was wondering the same thing,i like to use ford products to avoid warranty issues but i cant find feedback either on this product,also the product description is confusing...
Old 01-23-2017, 08:38 AM
3.73GT

Agreed. My plan is to purchase it (the S550 throttle body, Intake Manifold, CAI, & Ford Tune) then ultimately switch over to a much more effective Lund tune once my warranty has expired. I already have an H-Pipe and catback on and will put Headers on as well once the warranty expires.

I've seen time slips of someone running 11.9 with absolutely nothing but a Lund tune, not even a CAI or exhaust. that was an automatic and mine is a 6 Speed, but regardless, with everything else I'm doing I am hoping to get to the 11 range. These motors respond to tunes better than any car ever made.