Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

anyone have it? Forgestar CF10.. have questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 09:44 PM
coffeebowl
1st Gear Member

Default anyone have it? Forgestar CF10.. have questions

Hey guys, i'm debating on getting a set of Forgestar CF10 20x9 +35 for the front and 20x11 +55 in the rear. I used the wheel calculator and shows that the CF10 will stick out about 3mm(about .1 of an inch) more than my current set up which is a 20x10 +45 and i'm running a 305 30 tire. I'm hoping i can get someones experience of any fitment issues or any clearance issues on this exact rim set up. It seems like the rear will be exactly flushed with the fender and hoping it doesn't stick out. I seen some pics out there with that rim set up but not where it is taken from in-line with the fender and wheel.
Old 01-23-2017, 08:13 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

That tire/wheel calculator isn't good enough to tell you everything that's going on between those two wheel choices.

Yes, the outer flange of the 11" rim sits about 0.1" further out. But the widest portion of the tire on 11's @ +55 offset (red lines) actually sits about 3/16" inside where it does on 10's @ +45 offset. Running a tire on a measuring width rim vs on a min-width rim effectively pulls the sidewalls inward relative to the flange locations (even though the section width increases). None of the online calculators I've ever seen understands this.

Your rear tire will sit outward maybe 5-10 mm further than this and be about 3/4" closer to the sheetmetal vertically (not counting any lowering that you might do or have done already).

Norm

Last edited by Norm Peterson; 01-25-2017 at 06:35 AM. Reason: spelling