Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

2007 transmission problem O/D flashing

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2017, 06:48 PM
ranman106

Default 2007 transmission problem O/D flashing

Problem started today . O/D started flashing and noticed sluggish and hard shifts. Pulled the following codes: P0775 and P0750. Am I looking at a transmission rebuild????
Old 02-04-2017, 09:36 PM
JimC

P0775: Pressure control solenoid B Malfunction
Possible causes
Low transmission fluid level
Dirty transmission fluid
Faulty line pressure solenoid 'B' valve
Line pressure solenoid 'B' valve harness is open or shorted
Line pressure solenoid 'B' valve circuit poor electrical connection
When a transmission solenoid is malfunctioned, in most cases the problem is not the electrical part of the solenoid; the problem is foreign material obstructing the mechanical function of the solenoid or the flow of the fluid through the transmission valve body. If the transmission fluid is dirty, it's recommended to change the transmission fluid and if possible removing the transmission pan for further diagnosis. Excessive debris or metal particles on the transmission pan could be an indication that there is a mechanical transmission failure and that the transmission will need to be rebuilt or replaced.

Read more: https://www.autocodes.com/p0775_ford.html
Old 02-04-2017, 09:38 PM
JimC

P0750 Shift Solenoid A Malfunction
Possible causes
Low transmission fluid level
Dirty transmission fluid
Faulty shift solenoid 'A' valve
Shift solenoid 'A' valve harness or connectors
Shift solenoid 'A' valve circuit is open or shorted

When the a transmission solenoid is malfunction, in most cases the problem is not the electrical part of the solenoid; the problem is foreign material obstructing the mechanical function of the solenoid or the flow of the fluid through the transmission valve body. If the transmission fluid is very dirty, it is recommend changing the transmission fluid and if possible removing the transmission pan for further diagnosis. Excessive debris or metal particles on the transmission pan could be an indication that there is a transmission mechanical failure and that the transmission will need to be rebuilt or replaced.

Read more: https://www.autocodes.com/p0750.html
Old 02-05-2017, 08:57 AM
ranman106

Thanks!
Old 02-07-2017, 09:48 PM
ranman106

Repair shop came by and picked up my 07 Stang. Went to crank the car and move it up their rollback and guess what?????? No reverse!!! Oh well, nothing to do put wait for the estimate.

Are there upgrades that I can have made during the rebuild that won't break the bank? No upgrades planned for the motor, keeping it stock.

Old 02-08-2017, 09:59 AM
movielover40
4th Gear Member

If you search on internet you will see many pages on 5r55s automatic and their not favorable.

Sounds like your gonna need a rebuild.
Old 02-08-2017, 12:56 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by movielover40
If you search on internet you will see many pages on 5r55s automatic and their not favorable.

Sounds like your gonna need a rebuild.
I would agree if the problem were more of a progressive type thing. But, given it's sudden onset and assuming that the issue at hand is the only sign anything was ever wrong with the transmission I'm going to put my money on a bad Solenoid (pack). Being that they are electrical and the Codes thrown being related to pressure, a dead solenoid (or a sticking solenoid) would cause a sudden onset of codes and drive ability issues including reverse not engaging. You can't just replace one solenoid (well you shouldn't because who knows the condition of the others a and a pack is cheap compared to the labor to TRY and rebuild it).

My guess is the fluid has probably never been changed so enough gunk built up to clog one.

Hopefully the OP comes back to let us know what they found....
Old 02-08-2017, 05:17 PM
ranman106

Repair shop called this afternoon. No 2nd gear, no 5th gear, and no reverse. Suspect broken solenoid and or bands. Complete rebuild. Will know more when they tear it down.
Old 02-20-2017, 02:54 PM
ranman106

Well, got the Mustang back Friday, 2-17-17. Along with the broken bands, it required a new o/d unit, new torque convertor, new valve bodies, tapped and sleeved for new solenoid bearings, new solenoids, and casing was resurfaced. That is all I can recal right now. Total cost was $1630.
Old 02-20-2017, 07:46 PM
Gravydog316
2nd Gear Member

ouchies