Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Chirp/squeaking sound after O/R xpipe

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 08:43 PM
coffeebowl
1st Gear Member

Default Chirp/squeaking sound after O/R xpipe

Hey guys,

A couple of weeks ago, I installed a LethalPerformance OffRoad xpipe installed on my 2013 M6 GT and I love it. The only thing is that I get a really loud chirp/squeak sound if it hit a hard bump or get on the throttle pretty heavily. It almost sounds like it's coming from the trunk. I checked everywhere (trunk, took seats out, trunk liner, axle backs, hangers) I can't find culprit. Anyone else experiencing this rediculoius noise?
Old 02-15-2017, 05:05 AM
jz78817
4th Gear Member

It's something to do with the fuel fill tube. I had the same squeak on my 2010 which the dealer correctly identified and fixed. I had it again on my 2012 which the (same) dealer threw on a new stabilizer bar which didn't fix it.
Old 02-15-2017, 05:23 AM
coffeebowl
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jz78817
It's something to do with the fuel fill tube. I had the same squeak on my 2010 which the dealer correctly identified and fixed. I had it again on my 2012 which the (same) dealer threw on a new stabilizer bar which didn't fix it.
Thanks buddy, i'll have to take a look after work.
Old 02-15-2017, 06:15 PM
coffeebowl
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jz78817
Did you have an exhaust done to your mustang when the noise started happening?
Old 02-19-2017, 09:30 PM
coffeebowl
1st Gear Member

Update on the noise.

Immediately after driving, I looked underneath my car and noticed that one of my hangers was close to the bracket that holds the hanger. That's due to the metals expanding from the heat i'm guessing. When I checked underneath the car looking for the noise, it was always cold and the clearance was great.

The solution was that I just took a file to the bracket just enough to where the hanger doesn't touch. I didn't have to file much at all and the noise is completely gone.