South AR, LA, MS, KY, TN, AL, GA, FL, NC, SC, WV, VA, DE, DC, MD

central florida mustang shops need help

Old 04-15-2009, 08:40 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by JasperGT
You can try Powered by Ford in Orlando. I bought my gears online and they installed them for $300. No gear whine. Iffy customer service, but quality work.
Yeah, if you have Scott on the phone, it might get interesting lol.
Dumb question irritates the guy but he knows his shizz.

If anyone wanna deal with PBF, tell Scott that Frenchy sent you and you'll bypass the eventual iffy moment.

Advance Driveline is a long time business in Orlando (20+ years)...
That's all they do, rear ends and drive shafts. I'd say they ought to be good by now.
Tel: 407 299-1100
Old 04-16-2009, 06:38 AM
jlgtmustang06

yea i called powered by ford and whoever i talked to seemed kinda like a douchebag, and if im putting my car in your hands, then i want someone i can ask questions to and them not get irratated. i just heard of the vmp tuning last night at the track they are in deltona i guess. ill call that guy that left lammotta tho and see what he'll do for me. thanks
Old 04-16-2009, 01:53 PM
AutoXRacer
1st Gear Member

Let us know how it works out... I'm also looking for the best Mustang shop around Orlando/CFL.
Old 04-16-2009, 02:22 PM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AmericanSpeed
Give Jay @ Real Street Performance a call, 407-695-0699 or 877-429-5683

Here is their website http://www.realstreetperformance.com/

Most of the Mustang articles that feature LaMotta installs, have a tech named Jay Meagher doing the work. Well, he left LaMotta a while ago and started his own shop, which is Real Street Performance. They've done all the work on my car. He stands behind all his work and will not screw you over, I can't even begin to tell you all the extra effort he has put in for me calling part manufacturers when parts did not produce. He is a really cool guy and knows his way around mustangs, he runs a very honest, straight up business.

Tell him Brice recommended you.

+1 Jay is great and he has done everything on my car. Prices are competetive and he knows his stuff. I recommend him to family and friends so you know he is good.

Tell him Glenn sent you too.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:13 AM
jlgtmustang06

thanks for the help looks like ill call jay ima be gettin it done beggining of may ill let you know how everything went. hoping to be at a 13.1 with the gears
Old 04-17-2009, 11:20 AM
AmericanSpeed
5th Gear Member

Glenn, when are you getting to the track?? I'm pretty much banned until I get a cage (well, I'll officially be banned the next time I go and run too fast, they told me they aren't cutting me anymore slack).
Old 04-21-2009, 11:33 AM
markboss70

Lamotta, is a great guy...
Also, Advance Driveline, off OBT ...does strictly differentials, etc....

Both are good people...

Mark
Old 04-21-2009, 03:06 PM
RiCe_KiLlEr
4th Gear Member

lamotta is a pretty legit place to go. ive had my longtubes and cams installed there and i havnt had any problems. i had problems with my sct live wire and i drove down there several times to see if they can fix it and they did with no questions asked. good place to go i recommend them. 600 doesnt seem too bad. i had my 4.10s installed somewheres else a while ago (cant remember the name) and they charged me 300 for just the install. i had to buy the gears and the kit to install them.
Old 04-24-2009, 09:53 AM
russje
2nd Gear Member

I had 4.10's put in by Powered by Ford a few months ago. No issues for me, I bought my gear set from www.buyfordracing.com it was $150 with free shipping. I also bought the Ford Racing diff girdle.