Speed Density/Carb/SSP section This section is for the Speed Density or Carb vehicles, as well as Special Service Package 'Stangs

Ok now with all correct info, looking for opinions

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 08:28 AM
Joel5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Portmaster
I'm about 150% sure Joel got you to post this up for him. I doubt seriously you just happened in and hit this post first shot out. I could have 30 people come on and dispute it. On the part of yourself and Joel thats pretty low and desperate measures to go to try to prove a point. It would do you and him absolutly no good to say you and him don't know one another and he didn't put you up to it. Frankly I'd be suprized if you even own a 289 but I won't make that call. This reminds me of the Bully who got his azz kicked and had to run home and get his older brothers to come fight his fight. Sorry I won't stoop so low as to get any of my friends to come in and hype up anything I've said.

I havent seen you add anything meaningful that came out of your own head. It was I read Joe Sherman said this, Joe Sherman said that and A local Builder told me this. Horsechit. I am the local builder along with several others that actually do the work, do the testing and get the results. As far as the flowbench goes you can't mimic Hot exhaust gases but it's still the best tool available for getting consistant flow. If you had a clue you wouldn't have even brought that into play. I've gone so far as to me able to mimic wet flow on my Superflow 600 and even use an air speed gauge in the ports. I also built plates to simulate the intake bolted to the head. While I may not be able to get the outgoing air up to 1000 degrees (would reak havoc on the bore tubes) it's pretty stupid to even bring that up. While youre sitting around playing he said she said they say I'm actually doing it.

Shread the tires? Youre kidding right? Anything with half an engine can shread the tires. Hell I can smoke the tires at 55 mph in my car in second gear (C6 tranny) but that just tells you the tires don't stick with a decent amount of power. I heard you mention absolutly nothing about 1/4 mile times for your over the top combo or even what it's installed in. Spend 40+ years in dyno rooms and dragstrips and then try to tell me something. When you get a couple of Wallys on your trophy shelf then come back and try to tell me something. Until then you are just Joels little puppy to me.
... Oh my God.....This is laughable indeed.

You don't have to be 150% sure, be 200 or 300, I did invite him over as additional PROOF for the "way too big" misconceptions touted here, so have a ball. I guess that's a little concept a little for you. The PROOF part that is. Or is bringing another real hands-on person with something RELEVANT to share, considered that negative? Wow!

The "Joe Sherman said this and said that" comment..... LOL... isn't that a self inflicted criticism on yourself? ..... or have you forgotten your own "I'll take the word of people Like Joe Shermam, Bill Jenkins, Warren Johnson, Scott Strope of Hooker Headers" commentary?..... yep, that one was meaningful....

Love the continuous ASSumption attitude even questioning the integrity of new contributors w/out having any proof.... but then again, when no real technical arguments can be produced..... what's left? .. I guess questioning his integrity was easier than simply asking him to share more specific tech details (which he has)......or would those FACTS be that hard to swallow?.....

Want to see his 289 on the dyno?.... here.

And the 289's residence?.... here.

Suggest to do your homework before questioning other people's integrity, it's a little courtesy that goes a long way.
Old 05-30-2009, 08:37 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Hey Joel I remember reading about his build over there and can't remember what it laid down??? IIRC it was pretty healthy
Old 05-30-2009, 08:58 AM
Portmaster
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mjr46
the same could be said about you lets see the ET on your claimed 500+ hp ride. I think that could help you better support your claims. ohh and FYI 289nate is not Joel's pet, cruise the other forums and you'll know that people know what your claims are and what the real big dawgs think.
My car isn't finished yet as you or anyone here knows already. I'm not boasting on how good my car runs yet as I have yet to sort it all out. I posted Dyno results at the crank. I could care less what others "Big Dawgs" think. If you think for a second that Joel didn't put him up to posting you are a lot dumber than I thought. Maybe you should change your title from Moderator to Instigator or at the very least if you are going to enter in to the conversation at least do something besides lick Joels Rectum. Have an opinion on the subject if you are going to play expert on it. Man up and give a real opinion not just what you suspect or what others disagree with. I've made my living on high performance before your daddys sperm took a swim. I probably have more 1st place trophies than you have dragstrip passes. I'm sure you will take the cowards way out and ban me but I really don't give a flying rats azz.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:02 AM
Portmaster
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Joel5.0
... Oh my God.....This is laughable indeed.

You don't have to be 150% sure, be 200 or 300, I did invite him over as additional PROOF for the "way too big" misconceptions touted here, .
Whats laughable is you can't fight your own fight. Once again I was right.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:02 AM
Joel5.0
5th Gear Member

429.8 HP @6900 rpm

The point is... that little 289 was making 274 TQ @2800 rpm..... with such a huge intake, too big of a carburetor, huge heads for a 289......... as a comparison, the 1965 289 4V Hi-Po was rated at 312 TQ @3400 rpm... Nate's setup was at 304 TQ @3400 rpm and climbing.... so a torque turd it is NOT.

Old 05-30-2009, 09:08 AM
Joel5.0
5th Gear Member

Whats laughable is you can't fight your own fight. Once again I was right.
Of course you are, you always are.......
Old 05-30-2009, 09:15 AM
Portmaster
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Joel5.0
Of course you are, you always are.......
Not always but in this one I nailed it. You had to call for backup in a fight that you can't win as far as I'm concerned. Thats pretty chicken chit in my book. Is that how you play when cornered?
Old 05-30-2009, 10:55 AM
Joel5.0
5th Gear Member

Cornered?....... ..... by whom?... by what?..... + this classic response. Let's recap.... shall we?

1. A 3" full exhaust is too huge for any SBF setup configuration. = NOT, or do you have real life examples that include a stock N/A V6?...... or data to share in the form I have posted here?

2. Same goes for the 750 carb is huge for 302 or a single plane intake will kill performance down low ALL the time. = NOT.... or isn't the whole combination what matters, as shown by the examples shared here?

3. Same goes for the 18x, 19x, 210cc heads are too huge for a 302 setup. = same answer as #2 + all the other real life examples and data including the little 289.

4. Have you had the chance to work a clevor setup using a 289?...... I did, two of them........ funny how they took care of a lot of SBC, BBC and SBM setups using the stock HFT cam.

So....... all the data, results, information, facts, examples, experience..... show that a 3" exhaust system is not a problem, but an asset..... and I should feel "cornered"?............cornered I am then .... by the misinformation that doesn't even have a simple way of explaining all the data outliers, based on theories that don't withstand a little proof analysis.

BTW.... what you call "backup" was another case for that "theory" to explain, obviously every effort has been taken to prevent that explanation to occur and I really commend you for that. Focusing on everything but the tech, is a great way to not have to provide what doesn't exist.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:42 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

My car isn't finished yet as you or anyone here knows already. I'm not boasting on how good my car runs yet as I have yet to sort it all out. I posted Dyno results at the crank. I could care less what others "Big Dawgs" think. If you think for a second that Joel didn't put him up to posting you are a lot dumber than I thought. Maybe you should change your title from Moderator to Instigator or at the very least if you are going to enter in to the conversation at least do something besides lick Joels Rectum. Have an opinion on the subject if you are going to play expert on it. Man up and give a real opinion not just what you suspect or what others disagree with. I've made my living on high performance before your daddys sperm took a swim. I probably have more 1st place trophies than you have dragstrip passes. I'm sure you will take the cowards way out and ban me but I really don't give a flying rats azz.
Lets get one thing straight, I swing on no ones cocos, nor do I instigate anything, you are very good at not answering the questions posed to you and then redirecting the focus on ones character, which BTW is not the debate......and FYI , WHY do I need to enter the debate and post up more info that you'll refuse to aknowledge??? answer that!.......And why is it everytime some one presents you a scenerio you wanna fire back with stuff like the above I have bolded?? huh?? that's weak on your part Portmaster..........and no I'm not gonna have you banned or at least it won't be my doing because we need an example here on how not to build an SBF.....WHAT more can I add to the debate that is at a stand still, My examples will only strengthen Joels point, how many more examples do you need to see the truth???
Old 05-30-2009, 03:17 PM
Portmaster
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mjr46
no I'm not gonna have you banned or at least it won't be my doing because we need an example here on how not to build an SBF.(
Yeah nice counterpoint from a guy who has yet to see a 10 second time slip. BTW I answered the posted question not just once but several times. Take a reading compredension course. Just because Joel didn't like my answer you shouldn't come swinging in on his sack unless you can prove me wrong with your own thoughts or is it that you are just that puzzled by the entire conversation and can't figure it out.

Quick Reply: Ok now with all correct info, looking for opinions