Speed Density/Carb/SSP section This section is for the Speed Density or Carb vehicles, as well as Special Service Package 'Stangs

Fuel Injection to carb setup

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 11:36 PM
Venomantidote95
4th Gear Member

Your answer lies with the metal being nonferrous?!
Old 09-11-2012, 09:39 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by stangerator
heres the thing. when i first got the car it had the stock pump in the tank along with an aftermarket electric feul pump mounted on the firewall of the engine bay and was carberated so it had no feul pressure. so i stripped the whole feul system. i stripped the tank and ran a direct feed with 3/8 feul line up to the motor where i put the manual feul pump on with the new timing cover with the boss port for the mecanical feul pump witch everyone knows is how you have to insatall them. so from there that is where i was having the problems of not getting feul pressure. at the time i was only getting 1psi of feul. i bought many feul pumps and eccentrics to try and fix the problem. finally about a week ago i was able to find a bigger eccentric and now have great feul pressure and the car runs great. the only thing is that the eccentric is rubbing on to the timming cover and groved it out on the inside. is this ok with a magnetic drain plug or should i try to find a larger timing cover?
you should get the right eccentric
Old 09-21-2012, 02:31 PM
oldfordisbetter
1st Gear Member

I dont know what my car was fe or sd idk. But owner before me converted it to carb. Had motor pulled and bored 30over and got gt40 cast heads ported n polished then got edelbrock cam n lifter set rpm manifold and 600cfm electric choke carb. Has msb cap rotor but stock dist. It still has o2's in it but idk if they are disconnected. I do know it takes a wile to crank over ... i have to feather the crap out of the throttle sometimes to get her going. What could that be? Also speedo dont work but everything else does. All the efi crap is still on firewall. Can i do away with all that? Also there is a diphram thing with a hose nipple comming off under dist. Can that be removed? Winter time its getting alum heads new holley carb long tubes new exhaust and mabye an 8.8.... is the msd dist worth it? I have msd cap n rotor plug wires e3 plugs msd blaster coil.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:38 PM
jrmustang

i have a 86gt i trying 2 mount the fuel pressure gauge on the hood need some insite how 2 do
Old 01-22-2013, 06:46 PM
jrmustang

i have a 86gt i trying 2 mount the fuel pressure gauge on the hood need some insite how 2 do it is a plastic cover on the outside
Old 02-17-2013, 06:39 PM
load1234

I did it on the cheap with An 85 in tanke fuel pump, 85 throttle cable and csr throttle bracket. I cut every wire from my pcm. Rewired the fuel pump to a switch by the shifter with a fuse and relay. It seems to run well with my 650 Holley mechanical secondary carb and pro billet distributor with the lightest springs and a 6al box.
Old 08-18-2013, 01:32 PM
New69stang

Hi all! I am new to this forum but have loved all the useful information here. I am building a 69 mustang coupe with a 393 stroker and an headed for a semi restomod interior. I am currently looking into fuel system options and have decided to go EFI. I plan on sitting about 500 hp NA but might procharge in the future. What fuel system should I use? I would like to use my hp tablet that runs android software for tuning and will permanatly intigrate it into the cars dash. I also would like to be able to add water methanol soon down the road. maybe in place of of forced induction. Any ideas? Thanks for any help! I plan on being 650hp with watermethanol or forced induction down the road and would like this system to be fairly easly adapted to either to keep my options open. sorry for hyjacking this post, I couldnt find out how to start a new one:/
Old 08-20-2013, 04:58 PM
caseyhayden

Default iam in the same boat

i just ditched the 4 banger out of mine and put in a 302 and carbd it. i got a donor car and completely swapped everything from the v8 into mine. it is a big project but definitely doable. i used a new high rise intake and pro form 650 carb. no clearance issue with the hood. my engine was out of a truck. i got it machined 30 over. and put new evrything into it except the block and rods. i got flat top pistons in mine and have no issue with valve clearances. you should be fine.

on a separate note i am having a hard time finding the tach input wire to hook up to the green wire on my distributor. anybody know where to find it?