possible map sensor issue? - MustangForums.com

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang > Speed Density/Carb/SSP section
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Speed Density/Carb/SSP section This section is for the Speed Density or Carb vehicles, as well as Special Service Package 'Stangs

possible map sensor issue?

Old 07-14-2015, 08:12 PM   #1
86 newbie
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 1986 ford mustang gt
Default possible map sensor issue?

Ok so i have a 86 5.0 i just got done putting ported e7 heads on, a cobra upper and lower intake, and an x-303 cam in it. When the map vacuum line is on the idle shoots way up to about 2500 but doesnt miss or anything. When i take the vacuum line off it idles back down but starts running rich and misses bad. Is there anyway to fix the sensor for the cam? Is there anything i can do? The tps sensor is also on .9, tomorrow i need to make the holes bigger so i can adjust it more closer to .97. The lobe separation angle on the cam also is 112. Thanks for any info.
86 newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 08:12 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement