StangMods.com Affordable performance, appearance, and suspension parts for your late model Mustang.

Mounting brackets for HID ballasts?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 01:49 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

Default Mounting brackets for HID ballasts?

A while ago I met someone at a car meet that had HID's with mounting brackets for the ballasts. I have your HID kit (bought it 3+ years ago) but I do not have brackets for the ballasts so I was wondering if you guys sell brackets for ballasts?

Also, when I drive over bumps at night with the lights on the lights look like they might shake or wiggle a little bit. Could that be the bulb itself not secured right to the housing or can that also be because of the ballast not being secured tight?
Old 02-21-2012, 12:22 PM
stangmods.com
Banned

Originally Posted by 99GTvert
A while ago I met someone at a car meet that had HID's with mounting brackets for the ballasts. I have your HID kit (bought it 3+ years ago) but I do not have brackets for the ballasts so I was wondering if you guys sell brackets for ballasts?

Also, when I drive over bumps at night with the lights on the lights look like they might shake or wiggle a little bit. Could that be the bulb itself not secured right to the housing or can that also be because of the ballast not being secured tight?
If you could give us the dimensions of your ballast we may have a bracket that will work. The kits we sell now are different than the kits we had 3+ years ago, so we can't guarantee the newer brackets will work on your ballasts so we'd need the dimensions or even a photo of the ballasts you are using. In terms of seeing movement over bumps at night that's most likely either your headlight housing moving slightly which you would be able to test by just wiggling it around, or it could be the bulb not sitting tight due to a worn seal. The ballast would have nothing to do with the bulb moving around, if you had a failing ballast you would get very noticeable flickering or the bulbs wouldn't fire on at all.

On my personal car I notice on large bumps the lights move slightly but everything is sealed up in terms of the bulb meeting the housing and it's in fact because the housings themselves will wiggle. I'd check everything out and shoot us an email at sales@stangmods.com with your findings and we can take care of any of your issues no problem.