StangSuspension.com Your source for late model Ford Mustang suspension parts and performance!

suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 07:28 AM
Apoc
1st Gear Member

Default suggestions

Well it is time for new suspension, mine sounds like it's about to die anytime soon. my question for you guys is what brand/lowering spec/weight limit and such. I would like to lower the car but don't want to spend to get camber caster plates. I only have around 6 to possibly 7 hundred to fix the main components of my suspension. Being on a budget doesnt help matters but my car is in terrible condition and needs too be fixed asap. When it comes to suspension i dont know much, i kinda need your guys help any information will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Anthony
Old 06-13-2007, 08:50 PM
STANGSUSPENSION
Former Sponsor

Default RE: suggestions

What year is this vehicle? model?? It may be difficult to help you without knowing those details...
Old 06-15-2007, 06:35 AM
Apoc
1st Gear Member

Year is a 96 and the model is a Gt, also keep in mind that im doing an engine swap with a 01 gt engine. I don't know if thats relivant but i could make things more crammed or open.

Thanks, Anthony
Old 06-15-2007, 10:03 PM
STANGSUSPENSION
Former Sponsor

If you do not want to purchase CC plates, I would suggest a spring that lowers 1.25 inches or less.... that way you will not run into any negative camber issues (tires leaning inward), which will be left uncorrected without aftermarket caster camber plates.

A few spring suggestions would be the Ford B Springs or Ford C springs. As for shocks/struts, we would recommend the Tokico HP shocks & struts (blue on our site).The Tokico HP's offer a nice mix of performance, comfort, and affordability. http://www.stangsuspension.com/store...?idproduct=938check out this package.

Another option for you is to go with a Tokico HP Suspension kit. http://www.stangsuspension.com/store...idproduct=1041

This kit includes the Tokico's as mentioned above, with a moderate lowering spring...

Sincerely,
Old 06-20-2007, 07:48 AM
Apoc
1st Gear Member

Thank you for the suggestions, they are very helpful. two more questions, on the second link you sent me too with the tokico set does that come with free shipping?. Also how long does it take a customer to recieve the product (just a estimate)?

Thanks Again,
Anthony
Old 06-20-2007, 08:11 PM
STANGSUSPENSION
Former Sponsor

Yes, those tokico's have free shipping.

It can take 1-5 business days depending on what state you're located in...

Sincerely,