Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Night on the town

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2006, 03:31 AM
Mt Twigbert
4th Gear Member

Default Night on the town

It was Friday night and the weather was super.. So, I got in the Cobra with my brother and we set out for Highway 100.. A very popular 3 lane road in both directions that streaches for several miles.. This street is known by all as the place you got if you have a ride you want to show off or just cruise..

Race #1
99 Cobra vs. 78ish Vet... Started from a dig.. I won by a mile.. Hardly even a race..

Race #2
99 Cobra vs. 04ish Nissan 350Z.. Started from a dig.. Nissan got a good jump and pulled in front of me threw 1st gear.. I hit second and just as I started to pull on him he shut it down at about 45 MPH.. He won..

Race #3
99 Cobra vs. 92 GT (looked fairly built).. Started from a roll of about 30 MPH.. I won but was close..

Race #4
99 Cobra vs. Rice Civic.. Started from a dig.. I took off and the front of his car sat at my rear bumper till about 80 MPH.. I won.. But he sure did keep up..

Race #5
99 Cobra vs. Rice Civic.. Started from a roll of about 30 MPH.. Well, this guy took off like a bat outa hell.. He won and left me wondering WTF just happened???

I had several other races that just arn't good enough to list.. The road is packed with racers and cops were having a filed day wrighting tickets..

My final thought is... My Cobra just isn't fast enough.. Ricers like the Dodge Neon RV4 or what ever were really keeping up with me and giving me a good run.. I have an X pipe, Flowmasters and good wide tires.. I have a cold air induction coming in the mail now so that will help.. I plan on getting 4.10 gears so that should really help but thats just another $700 I have to come up with..

I'm pleased with my ride but boy did those Ricers give me a good run for my money.. I have a Cobra dam it, I should be stomping them.. AND on an even worse note I was totally stupid and ran my driver side rim up against a curb and scuffed it up pretty good tonight.. Just not a good night [sm=sigh.gif]

My check engine light came on just as I set out tonight.. I found out that I need MIL eliminators and my car was running in 'limp' mode because of it.. I now know my car was loosing horsepower but I still think I need additional mods..
Old 04-15-2006, 04:44 AM
Mach1
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Night on the town

DAMMNNN how the hell did you find all those races. Dont forget about your suspension/tires, those can really help you move.
Old 04-15-2006, 10:14 AM
OneGearhead
6th Gear Member

i kno........did the cel come on as you were originally leaving your house, before all the racing started ?? if so, THATS why you lost those races. if your car was in limp mode, youre not running full power. congrats on the wins, it sucks on the losses, but, count 'em, move on. get some mods, and go back out.
Old 04-15-2006, 10:49 AM
Mt Twigbert
4th Gear Member

The CEL came on after I raced the 78 Vet.. And that was early in the day.. So it was on all night when I raced those cars..
Old 04-15-2006, 11:50 AM
CobraSnake
5th Gear Member

twigbert i saw your car at oscars last night. At least i thought it was your car. I stopped there for a sec to smoke a cig, but i didn't see you.
Old 04-15-2006, 11:55 AM
CobraSnake
5th Gear Member

oh and i don't know if your saw them i was only up there for like 25 minutes and i raced a supercharged buick and a SRT-4 with like stage 2 or 3 parts on it. Killed them both. Should've heard the srt-4 miss 2nd one time and i thought his car was going to blow up, but he was ready to race again.
Old 04-15-2006, 03:02 PM
Mt Twigbert
4th Gear Member

I was only up there for about 20 minutes.. I parked off to the side while I took a leak.. Did you have 2 or 3 people rideing with you? I was turning around and saw a yellow 03-04 Cobra roll past that was heading south on 100.. I have off next friday so I plan on heading back out.. I ordered my MIL eliminators so my problem should be fixed by then.. Not that I can beat you and all but I still won't back down =)

If I have to run you off the road to win the race.. Well then, so be it [sm=devilgrin.gif]
Old 04-15-2006, 03:39 PM
CobraSnake
5th Gear Member

yeah i had 2 people with me and yes that was my cobra. I've told my women that it is now a richual to go up there every fri. now.