Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Almost got in my first race today

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2004, 10:19 PM
Obsol3te
6th Gear Member

Default Almost got in my first race today

As I was driving home from a funfilled day at my friends house. I decide I should take the long way through town, instead of the highway around all the traffic.
It wasn't too bad, not nearly as busy as I thought it would be. Going through town I try my best to dodge all the bumps, lumps and potholes in the road(which is nearly impossible I might add), I get to my third set of lights and I noticed an early 90's Talon behind me. I didn't really think much of it so I was still a cruising at normal speed, until I hear a loud bee-like noise and the talon whizzes by me only to find a 2 lane red light. I notice his coffee can sticking out the back right side of his car and I pull up next to him on the left. I looked over gave him a nod seeing if he wanted to go, he starts laughing and gives it a rev. So as I'm sitting there, I get all tense and ready for my first race. The light turns and I floor it, watching his car jump forward a little. I went through first nice and quick, hearing the tires squeel in second and then into third. I looked back and it looked like he was driving at normal speed. Maybe he tried and gave up very early? Or he just made me look like a fool racing myself. Anyways, it was a nice experiance for me, and fun nontheless shifting through gears nice and quick. Almost as if I knew what I was doing.
Anyways, can't wait for summer.
Old 03-15-2004, 10:21 PM
yellow94gt
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Almost got in my first race today

It's all good dude, He probably was just too excited to see what a real car could do.
Old 03-16-2004, 01:32 AM
roundman
5th Gear Member

you were had! it happens to all of us from time to time, don't let it bother you! at least next time you'll probably remember the ******* and maybe you'll get a chance to get even![sm=smiley15.gif]
Old 03-16-2004, 01:50 PM
iwrxit
4th Gear Member

maybe he didnt have a turbo. no turbo=turtle
Old 03-16-2004, 10:29 PM
Obsol3te
6th Gear Member

unsure of turbo or not but it wasn't too hip to the groove
Old 03-16-2004, 11:32 PM
Brian18034
1st Gear Member

Nice Kill Obsol3te- sounds to me like he missed first gear! Damm ricers...
Old 03-16-2004, 11:37 PM
98LS1
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Obsol3te

As I was driving home from a funfilled day at my friends house. I decide I should take the long way through town, instead of the highway around all the traffic.
It wasn't too bad, not nearly as busy as I thought it would be. Going through town I try my best to dodge all the bumps, lumps and potholes in the road(which is nearly impossible I might add), I get to my third set of lights and I noticed an early 90's Talon behind me. I didn't really think much of it so I was still a cruising at normal speed, until I hear a loud bee-like noise and the talon whizzes by me only to find a 2 lane red light. I notice his coffee can sticking out the back right side of his car and I pull up next to him on the left. I looked over gave him a nod seeing if he wanted to go, he starts laughing and gives it a rev. So as I'm sitting there, I get all tense and ready for my first race. The light turns and I floor it, watching his car jump forward a little. I went through first nice and quick, hearing the tires squeel in second and then into third. I looked back and it looked like he was driving at normal speed. Maybe he tried and gave up very early? Or he just made me look like a fool racing myself. Anyways, it was a nice experiance for me, and fun nontheless shifting through gears nice and quick. Almost as if I knew what I was doing.
Anyways, can't wait for summer.

He may have just gave up.....funny story, so pay attention:

Me and my friend were sitting at a stop light in the TA, three Mexicans in a T-bird pull up beside me and start to rev. I rev back and look over like I'm ready to run. Stalling up....light goes green....they lanuch with a slight chirp....I turn left while laughing and pointing.
Old 03-17-2004, 12:01 PM
ellis_juan
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 95LT1

Me and my friend were sitting at a stop light in the TA, three Mexicans in a T-bird pull up beside me and start to rev. I rev back and look over like I'm ready to run. Stalling up....light goes green....they lanuch with a slight chirp....I turn left while laughing and pointing.
DOH!....[sm=smiley32.gif]
Old 03-18-2004, 11:05 AM
Moosetang
3rd Gear Member

He might have missed 2nd, it would be really hard to miss 1st sitting there. LOL
Old 03-18-2004, 11:15 AM
SilverBullet5.0
I ♥ Acer

You never know, he could have pulled a fast and furious and not put it into first until the light went green hahahahahha

Quick Reply: Almost got in my first race today