Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Why do corvette owners

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 05:10 PM
MustangMadness7
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Why do corvette owners

Yea, most vette owners dont race them. Iv only raced a vette twice. One was close(it was an 88 vette vs my old 93 5.0 with a few bolt ons) and one wasnt (C6 vs my 89). The guy in the C6 was cool, the guy in the 88 just drove off after. I can understand not wanting to race unless for money though, speeding tickets are expensive.
Old 10-03-2006, 03:13 PM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

He followed me to the next exit and got off when I did, rolled up beside me, and this old man was rubbing his fingers together(for cash?).
Why doesn't this stuff ever happen to me? I dream of **** like that.
Old 10-03-2006, 04:34 PM
86/02stang
3rd Gear Member

The C4 vettes with the LT4 motor aren't slouches though. They are something to really tangle with.
Old 10-03-2006, 05:47 PM
GMhipo
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stanggang1892

every corvette around here is driven by a senior, and it is only used to haul golf clubs. With the occasional beat up Lt1 driven by some kid, there are no vette races for me
Yep, and every Mustang around here is an automatic and driven by middle-aged women. Things can suck when you make stupid assumtions.
Old 10-03-2006, 05:53 PM
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

from the corvette owners: "Why the hell does every irresponsible, brokeass 18 year old douche in a 20 year old mustang always want to race my daily driver in the middle of traffic?"
Old 10-03-2006, 05:55 PM
MrRogers
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: redass02gt

from the corvette owners: "Why the hell does every irresponsible, brokeass 18 year old douche in a 20 year old mustang always want to race my daily driver in the middle of traffic?"
If I had a dollar for every Mustang that wanted to race me, I would a Ford GT sitting next to my Z06 in my garage.
Old 10-03-2006, 05:58 PM
4Stangs
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: redass02gt

That's so true. When I was 18 they all looked at me just like that! ROFL
Old 10-05-2006, 03:55 AM
C6 VETTE
5th Gear Member

I'm not saying that Camaro/Mustang owners are irresponsible but most ppl driving Vettes are middle aged adults that are past the age of "living in the fast lane" . There is a reason why insurance rates drop significantly when a policy holder is above 30 years of age.

The majority of young adults (most ppl under 25) will own a Camaro/Mustang so the chances of seeing races with the two pony cars are likely (not to mention young girls riding shotgun enjoy a good race unlike older women who tend to get turned off saying its immature).
Old 10-05-2006, 03:57 AM
MustangMadness7
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: C6 VETTE

I'm not saying that Camaro/Mustang owners are irresponsible but most ppl driving Vettes are middle aged adults that are past the age of "living in the fast lane" . There is a reason why insurance rates drop significantly when a policy holder is above 30 years of age.

The majority of young adults (most ppl under 25) will own a Camaro/Mustang so the chances of seeing races with the two pony cars are likely (not to mention young girls riding shotgun enjoy a good race unlike older women who tend to get turned off saying its immature).

Very true. Not too many of us youngsters have Vettes...
Old 10-05-2006, 04:11 AM
Black GT
4th Gear Member

I was driving to work on a back road two weeks ago when I saw a newer Vette in my rear view mirror. He had turned onto the same road a ways behind me and when he saw my car he sped up. When he got behind me he hammered it and blew by me (while I had my cruise control on the whole time). Then he went about 1/4 mile then turned left.

What pissed me off was that when he blew by me I felt some small rocks on my face (had the window open) and I'm sure some of them hit the side of my car as well.

It was a younger guy (early to mid 20's) driving.

Quick Reply: Why do corvette owners