Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Finally Dynoed the 5.0!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 11:10 PM
Jaggezz
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Finally Dynoed the 5.0!!!

Yea. Jay is definately kick ***.

Those times are amazing.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:24 PM
stanger88
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: HC_CrAzYHoRsE

ORIGINAL: stanger88

Exactly. I made 244 with a crank driven flex fan (not even a clutch fan) a heavy *** TKO500 and 4.10 gears. I dont have a windage tray, not all my pullies are underdriven (just crank), the engine was not blueprinted, the list goes on...I think 244whp for that setup is right in line. he only REAL MODS that I have are heads/cam. shorties...car HAD those stock (not MAC though...but come on)...X-pipe and cat-back...those are worth what, 10whp? the 1.6 RR's maybe 5whp, the flex fan -5 and the TKO and 4.10's -10 togather. the underdriven crank, maybe +5. I really do NOT see where 244whp is bad for my setup. You guys dont either "oooohhhh, bad #'s" is FAR! from proving them bad. Look at it this way, my heads flow about what 99+ PI heads do and my cam sucks just as bad as theirs do stock(both not optimal) and I make the same whp as a mild bolt-on 4.6L 5-speed does...and it has electric fans to boot. So HOW do you say I am not making ok numbers for my setup.
we have told you why they're bad. you just said yourself your only real mods are heads and cam... but you combined the cheapest/least flowing heads with a cam that makes no sense. don't get your panties in a bunch when people are trying to help out, geezuz.
I did nothing of the sort. I bought a motor from a company. I built NOTHING, it was already made. They put it in a box, and shipped it.
Old 10-18-2006, 02:23 AM
HC_CrAzYHoRsE
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: HC_CrAzYHoRsE

Exactly. I made 244 with a crank driven flex fan (not even a clutch fan) a heavy *** TKO500 and 4.10 gears. I dont have a windage tray, not all my pullies are underdriven (just crank), the engine was not blueprinted, the list goes on...I think 244whp for that setup is right in line. he only REAL MODS that I have are heads/cam. shorties...car HAD those stock (not MAC though...but come on)...X-pipe and cat-back...those are worth what, 10whp? the 1.6 RR's maybe 5whp, the flex fan -5 and the TKO and 4.10's -10 togather. the underdriven crank, maybe +5. I really do NOT see where 244whp is bad for my setup. You guys dont either "oooohhhh, bad #'s" is FAR! from proving them bad. Look at it this way, my heads flow about what 99+ PI heads do and my cam sucks just as bad as theirs do stock(both not optimal) and I make the same whp as a mild bolt-on 4.6L 5-speed does...and it has electric fans to boot. So HOW do you say I am not making ok numbers for my setup.
we have told you why they're bad. you just said yourself your only real mods are heads and cam... but you combined the cheapest/least flowing heads with a cam that makes no sense. don't get your panties in a bunch when people are trying to help out, geezuz.
I did nothing of the sort. I bought a motor from a company. I built NOTHING, it was already made. They put it in a box, and shipped it.
oh yeah, i remember now ...what company is this again? just to make sure i never do any business with them .
Old 10-18-2006, 04:23 AM
mikey5.0

That Xcam is TOO BIG for that combo thats way u have those numbers go to a smaller cam and you should put down around 270-280 at the tires. By the way iam a fan of the gt40 heads becuse i have seen some fast cars n/a running 12's 11's with them.
Old 10-18-2006, 05:00 AM
stanger88
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: mikey5.0

That Xcam is TOO BIG for that combo thats way u have those numbers go to a smaller cam and you should put down around 270-280 at the tires. By the way iam a fan of the gt40 heads becuse i have seen some fast cars n/a running 12's 11's with them.

I would take your advice and get Comp to grind me something, but I am trading for an LS1 within 3-5 months so I wont want to do the work/spend the $$. I agree with you.

Central Coast Mustang built it. They are closed, but Dennis Hillard (ran other companys into the ground too...) was the mastermind. If you see his name attatched to ANYTHING!!! RUN!!!
Old 10-19-2006, 02:07 AM
stanger88
I ♥ Acer

Performance
-Engine swap from factory 5.0 to Ford Racing 302 5.0 Crate Motor
-GT-40 SVO Heads
-Edelbrock 70MM Throttle Body
-Edelbrock 5.0 Performer 5.0 RPM Intake
-MAC Cold Air Induction
-K&N Air Filter
-MSD Billet TFI Distributor
-Crane Fireball Ignition Box and Coil
-MAC Exhaust with H pipe
-3" MAC Exhaust Tips
-Center Force Dual Friction Clutch
-Stock T-5 Tranny
-8.8 rearend
-3.55 gears
-BBK 1-5/8" Equal Length Short-Tube Headers
-24 pound hr injectors and larger Mass Air Flow sensor
-Battery Relocated to the Rear
-Moroso Battery Relocater Kit
-Stabilizer Bar
-Chrome-plated Upper Radiator Brackets
-Power Master 1 wire Alternator
-Black Magic Electric Fan
-Mallory Fuel Pressure Regulator
-A/C Eliminator
-Ford Racing 9mm Spark Plug Wires
-Moroso Overflow Tank
-Cobra (Blue) Pulleys

Exterior
-Cobra R Cowl Hood
-Cobra Rear Bumper
-Stalker Front End
-17" Chrome Cobra Rims
-Viper Blue Paint Job
-Clear Corner Lights
-Cobra Side Skirts
-Saleen Wing
-Lowered
-Steeda Oval

Interior
-White Gauge Insert
-Sony Explode Head Unit
-Pioneer Speakers all around
-Steeda Billet A/C Controls
-Black Rear Carpeting
-Grey Front Interior
-Stabilizer Bar

^that car has:Electric fan,AC delete, and less rotating mass in the tranny and it only made 25whp more than my car(I made 244, he made 270). It also has aluminum heads and a "matched" (lower lift) cam that you guys keep recommending to me. Im sorry, but my iron headed car with a damn flex fan and working AC and normal length belt made within 25whp of it and I bet with a electric fan, short belt, and K&N filter and less tranny internal weight I bet I would have had at LEAST 270whp. My motor is every bit as strong as his, just less bolt-on mods.

I think this proves my case, it did just what it should have. Put a flex fan, remove the short belt, and his car would likely make close to 245whp as well.