Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Shut down another WRX!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2004, 10:01 PM
Casper98GT
I ♥ Acer

Default Shut down another WRX!!

My dad asked me to pick up a few things at the groc. store. I had to get a few things anywhoo. So i went. Im at my light near my house... and i hear the distinct WRX exhaust noise go by. My light turns green a bit later and im off to get some food. Im going along and there he is in the fast lane im in the slow lane keeping my cool. Tacoma in front of me with his directional on. He goes for gas im sitting at the light with this white WRX next to me, but black carbon fiber spoiler risers. Black covers on the directionals. I look up and he is staring me down. lol. He motions me to roll down my window as he rolls his down.. Hmmm... I think to myself should i.. Sure. He says " Ever race an AWD car?" Yeah i say. I raced a black stock WRX. Did you win? Yeah i did. lol. He says yeah right, thats just a GT right. I say YES. Well mine has a blow off valve and cat back exhaust. I say. WOW, that thing must be fast. lol. He shakes his head and keeps looking foward. Now im thinking should i race this geek. YEAH I WILL!! lol. Light turns green and im guessing he cant drive cause i spin and he doesnt jump much on me. I hit second and feather it abit and punch it. Powershifting every gear she has. lol. I didnt wanna loose. But he still stays at my back bumper. Im praying i dont miss powershifting 4th. I hit it and pull even more on him, now we are doing 110 ( me at least ) and he backs way off. Next light is ours again, he gives me thumbs up and tells me i have a fast Mustang. lol. Ok i say. Lets try again. He says ok. We wait, then I take off and i pull like 5-6 cars on him into second gear. LMAO i almost died, i look in my rear view and i see him still there except i see his lights go dim and then brighten back up..... All i can think is this moron stalled at the light. lol. Im sure i will see him again when im flowing the juice. But i didnt do too bad again. So far i have beaten 2 now. How do they fair again a SRT-4?? Also what kinda gains did he have with his exhaust and BOV?? The stock wrx didnt hang on like this one did.
Old 10-25-2004, 10:14 PM
Ryan4.6vert
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Shut down another WRX!!

Nice kill man. I would have thought the awd would take off from a stop better than that, but nice job.
Old 10-25-2004, 10:35 PM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

I say. WOW, that thing must be fast. lol. He shakes his head and keeps looking foward.
LOL. Thats funny . Nice kill. I hate ricers [:'(].
Old 10-25-2004, 10:36 PM
Phirantes
2nd Gear Member

How do they fair again a SRT-4??
apparently they don't fair. if you've already trashed two WRX than an srt-4 would blow a WRX, you, and me away (not to bash you or anything). theres a guy that lives on the floor above me that has a silver srt thats prettymuch stock cept for a new wastegate (which he won in a raffle.... pretty cool) and a badass sounding bov. he runs low 14s which is really bad because they can dip into the 13's stock and he has a wastegate thats letting him keep pressure better. but anyway, he has a friend with EXATCLY the same car, wastegate and everything (and he runs 13.6 @104 in 1/4, shows you how much practice the 1st guy needs) and came up to visit this weekend and about 1:30 saturday night, we all went out for a drive. of course they wanted to race so i did. i ran with the guy who runs the better time so i knew i would get owned, since i'm running a stock 99 with a slows catback but anyway, first time i got too excited and spun half my rubber to shreds, lol so we went again and i pulled on him really easy ( they have a bad problem with wheel hop so he has to baby it from the hole---dang fwd) and i took him all the way up till like 80 and then he just wizzed by me, they are pretty quick stock and even quicker if you spend a couple more hundred dollars and get a wategate and stuff, after words i took a ride with him in his srt-4 and man you can feel the power, 3rd gear ( the first gear where he can floor it and actually get traction) pulls like a mother, way more than the stang does.

Also what kinda gains did he have with his exhaust and BOV?? The stock wrx didnt hang on like this one did.
personally id have to say that if you saw a huge difference in performance between the two, it was cause of the driver not just the bov and exhaust...
if it wasn't an sti then stock it running anywhere in the neighbor hood of what 227hp? don't know if thats rwhp or not but it seems like it should have at least held ground
Old 10-25-2004, 10:49 PM
Obsol3te
6th Gear Member

Now THAT's a fast mustang ya got there Matt
Hehe, could you hear him trying to launch at the light?
Or was he just going off idle and punching it?

Nice kill man, I NEVER GET ANYTHING!!!
Cept for that one Cobra I raced without my bottle...
Handed me my ***...
And you of course
You beat me in your Fast Stang
Old 10-26-2004, 01:19 AM
Casper98GT
I ♥ Acer

Yeah. Well that will teach you to mess with my power pony..... If all they can manage is a 13.6, im gonna go hunting when i get my juice ( thanks the the good idea OB ) Im sure i'll have more posts when i get that.
Old 10-26-2004, 02:24 AM
OneGearhead
6th Gear Member

NICE kills man. congrats.
Old 10-26-2004, 02:38 AM
2001_SaleenS281_08
5th Gear Member

nice kills buddy!
Old 10-26-2004, 02:45 PM
devinsteen
4th Gear Member

Sweet kill man! I think the SRT4 is a faster car than the WRX. I've raced both and the srt4 seems to have more *****.....but I still beat it
Old 10-26-2004, 04:05 PM
iwrxit
4th Gear Member

stock srt-4's will beat stock wrx's. if the wrx is auto they run mid 15's...kinda like big civics. manual cars run 14.2-14.4. if i saw that race i would laugh at the kid and tell him to trade his car in. im gonna say nice kill, but if you really run 14.4's then this kid was an *** clown.

Quick Reply: Shut down another WRX!!