Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Non Mustang race to share!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2004, 04:24 AM
StrokerSVT
1st Gear Member

Default Non Mustang race to share!

I joined this site because at the time I was planning on purchasing a 95 SVT with a 347 stroker in it. This didn't go through so I decided I would purchase an older stang, like my father had (91 5.0 GT). This also did NOT go through. Well, I've had my honda for over a year and a half now, and dont get me wrong, its excellent on gas, and was a good vehicle to have at the time (I was in the Airforce and did alot of driving).

About a week ago a guy came into my work place driving this vehicle that I have never seen before. It catches my eye, so I ask him what it is. He says 04 GTO, I go out and look at it and ask him for a test drive. He takes me for a test drive and I knew I had to have one. Today I went and got one, thanks to my grandparents for co-signing. YES I do pay for my car, every penny. I am not a spoiled kid, I just got lucky and found a good job at a young age.

Anyways, I put the above two paragraphs there to get to this part. THE RACING PART! Even though it has nothing to do with the GTO. I figure you guys would still like to hear about the races, even though its not about a mustang. This story isn't even about the GTO, its about my brothers camaro, and a few "ricers", if you will.

My brothers car is the one in all the races below. He has a 89 IROC-Z Camaro with a 350. Upgraded cam, throttle body, headers, and some other **** that im not sure about. He is pushing about 310 - 320 hp.

Well, Saturday night a bunch of us decided to go to the local bowling alley and do the "cosmic bowling", where they turn the lights out and have the glowing lanes, etc. This ends at 1:30am and my brother and I decide we should go looking for a race. At this time of the night, NO ONE is on the streets except for people looking for a race. I use to just go out and cruise, and I would see 10 - 15 people looking to race just about every weekend, if not more. This night, we drive around and see absolutely NO ONE that we thought would take the bait. We pull into a parking lot and wait for someone to go by, we sit there for atleast 20 minutes and are like **** it, lets go look for someone. We drive down the road and do a U turn to get onto the other side of the road. A few minutes later I look up and there is a car coming up on us fast. I tell my brother someone is coming up, and to get ready. He lets the guy get about a car length from him and he punch's it from about a 45mph roll. The guy is staying right behind us and we're not pulling on him, and he's not pulling on us. To me it looks to be like a honda or something with a similiar body style. My brother shuts down at 110 and the guys passes us like we never we're racing. Doesn't look over or anything. It ended up being a newer Jetta Turbo. This is race one of the night, it was the only guy who put up somewhat of a race.

We end up driving to the next light, and the funniest **** in the world is happening right in front of us. There is a jeep in front of us at the light in our lane, to the right there is a old turbo talon, and behind them is a newer eclipse. We slowly creep up on them, and when we're about two cars away, and just about to stop at the light behind the jeep, I hear this buzzing. The dude in the eclipse is revving at the talon in front of him, there is all kinds of black **** coming from the eclipses muffler. A second later, you can hear the talon rev back. I start laughing uncontrollably, look over at my brother and say, they have no idea we're pulling up. When you get to the side of the eclipse, rev at him. My brother pulls up and revs, all you hear is a deep ROAR. The dude in the eclipse looks over with that OH **** look on his face, and looks back forward, stopping his revving. The light turns green and the dude in the eclipse turns right. The guy in the jeep goes to the next street and turns left, PERFECT. We now have an older model turbo talon beside us. I tell my brother to rev at him, and the second he does the dude in the talon revs to like 10,000 rpms (being sarcastic because it sounded like his **** was gonna blow up) and then takes off. My brother floors it and in a matter of seconds has about 5 car lengths on him. I tell my brother to let him come back up beside us but the dude is going like 20 in a 40 and does NOT want to pull back up beside us (I dont blame him). Finally he nudges his way back up to us and I tell my brother to rev at him again. He does so and the dude looks over, smiles and shakes his head like "you're ****ing crazy". My brother punch's it again, and the dudes raises the rpm's and runs with us till were about 4 car lengths on him, he shuts down and turns off.

The next race we're sitting at a light, on our way home and a dude in a newer green camaro pulls up next to us. It looks to be a v6, but the dude revs at my brother. I look at my brother and tell him to smoke the mother ****er, my brother nods. The dude kept up with us just about like the jetta, but we were pulling on him. The dude had to have a v8 in it, because my brother also owns a 97 RS camaro, and there is no way that RS will run that close to the car my brother has right now.

I attached a pic of his car, its his sig used on projectcamaro.com. I couldn't find any of his other pics, and im not sure what his cardomain.com link is.

[IMG]local://upfiles/7498/CDA2EC2F1C6649B1901F4426DC5E6FBD.jpg[/IMG]
Old 11-02-2004, 07:55 AM
offnet83
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Non Mustang race to share!

Now that was a fvcking novel good kills ........... sooooo what about the gto?
Old 11-02-2004, 01:26 PM
iwrxit
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: StrokerSVT
I look at my brother and tell him to smoke the mother ****er, my brother nods.
do you look anything like this guy?

LOL!!!
Old 11-03-2004, 12:29 AM
RollinThunder
3rd Gear Member

HAHAHAHHAHA iwrxit ...I was thinking about the exact same thing!!! lolol
Old 11-03-2004, 12:50 AM
TommyV8
5th Gear Member

My sister drives a turbo Jetta and it is slow as *****. Must've been modded to hell and back to hang with a modded L98. Tell your brother he has a very nice ride (I love the way 3rd gens look) and nice kills!
Old 11-03-2004, 03:57 AM
StrokerSVT
1st Gear Member

offnet83, I will have pictures of the GTO and the Camaro together in about 5 minutes, going to take the pics now since I just got home.

iwrxit, now that I read my novell over, that is some funny ****, sounds just like the movie.

Tommyv8, It would of had to be modded, im just not sure with what. heh.

I raced my brother today in my GTO and at a stop by the time we reached 100 I was like 4 - 5 cars on him. From a 40 mph roll, it was about the same but I didn't have the car even close to being maxed out.

Then tonight I did probably the stupidest thing ever, but I wanted to see what my car could do. I got on an interstate where there are NO cars and got the beast up to 162mph.

Yes yes, I know its stupid and it wont happen again. I just did it because I wanted to see if the GTO could really get up to those speeds, and it sure did. It was only taching at 4 grand at 162mph in 6th gear.

All I can say is the GTO is one bad mother ****er, and im not saying that because I own one. I let my dad drive it and he is a die hard muscle car fan. He currently owns a 71 Dodge Demon, and owned a 91 5.0 GT w/ 450rwhp before the Demon. He was very impressed by its torque and how it handles on the wholeshot.

Anyways, look forward to the pics here in about 5 - 10 minutes.

Stroker-
Old 11-03-2004, 04:01 AM
iwrxit
4th Gear Member

It was only taching at 4 grand at 162mph in 6th gear.

Stroker-
i got my car up to 162 at redline in fifth...then blew my engine...then crashed. be careful.
Old 11-03-2004, 04:37 AM
StrokerSVT
1st Gear Member

I will, you can guarentee that wont happen again. It was one hell of a rush though. Anyways, here are the pictures as promised. It is dark here so they're not the best quality. I will have better pics up thursday when I am off work aswell as my brother and we can take group pics .

Better pictures on thursday.
Old 11-03-2004, 02:11 PM
RollinThunder
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: iwrxit

It was only taching at 4 grand at 162mph in 6th gear.

Stroker-
i got my car up to 162 at redline in fifth...then blew my engine...then crashed. be careful.
how'd u not kill urself if u blew ur egine at those speeds and didnt crash it?...u must have had an angel w/ u that day
Old 11-03-2004, 03:34 PM
iwrxit
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RollinThunder
how'd u not kill urself if u blew ur egine at those speeds and didnt crash it?...u must have had an angel w/ u that day
check engine light started flashing identifying detonation, and a huge plume of smoke. i slowed down A LOT as soon as it happened. when i got to about 60mph the oil squirted out and slipped me into the ditch. im very lucky to be alive, and i will NEVER do that again. not ever.

Quick Reply: Non Mustang race to share!