Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

New GT loss to SRT-8

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 05:05 AM
stangman94
4th Gear Member

Default RE: New GT loss to SRT-8

ORIGINAL: Deuuuce

Better to post a kill or a loss than not to post at all, right? The guy spend money on wheels and tires, who knows if it was modded?

I have respect for Mustangs. We all have "issues" with other cars, but when domestic V8s race each other, its a good thing!
+100000 bajilion
Charger ?'s
What the hp rating on the daytonas?
What about the bumble bee srt8's I see atleast 3 a week?
Old 03-25-2007, 05:25 AM
C6 VETTE
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stangman94

Better to post a kill or a loss than not to post at all, right? The guy spend money on wheels and tires, who knows if it was modded?

I have respect for Mustangs. We all have "issues" with other cars, but when domestic V8s race each other, its a good thing!
+100000 bajilion
Charger ?'s
I believe the bumble/rumble bee cars/trucks are just appearance packages.....The Daytona's are rated about the same as an R/T..another appearance package that comes with a spoiler and Daytona lettering..
Old 03-25-2007, 10:30 AM
lieu910
3rd Gear Member

Whoever is using vehicle cost as a crutch or excuse for the Mustang losing to an SRT8 ought to have their head examined.

The SRT8's are built for people that need the practicality and roomof a 4 door and are performance minded.Factoring that in - they are stone cold bargain when you look at what aloaded SUV costs and the content of an SRT8.

They are not competing for the market segment theMustangoccupies, so any reference to a cost comparison is absurd.

Back on topic - good kill, but remember you may roll up against a moddedS197 sometime and the favor will be returned
Old 03-25-2007, 10:58 AM
Modern Muscle

I agree, it shouldn't matter if a car costs a dollar [ my car,.. cheap] or a bazilion, its what you like, or what you can afford,... but still want to have a butt load of fun in.. Sure we all could buy a ten grand Geo Metro, but what fun would that be!....
Old 03-25-2007, 02:45 PM
Clif Brohn
5th Gear Member

+100000 bajilion
Charger ?'s
As of right now there are only SRT-8 Chargers, 300Cs, Magnums and Cherokees. They are all rated at 425hp and have the 6.1L HEMI(its a real one too (= ), the Jeep is AWD. The Rumble Bee SRT-8 isnt out yet and is going to be a very limited production car, probably only around 300-400 units built and sold. So I garauntee you dont see these buzzing around your town. The Daytona Chargers are rated at 350hp and have the 5.7L HEMI(really just a Magnum V8).

Good kill dude.
Old 03-25-2007, 03:40 PM
stangman94
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Clif Brohn

+100000 bajilion
Charger ?'s
As of right now there are only SRT-8 Chargers, 300Cs, Magnums and Cherokees. They are all rated at 425hp and have the 6.1L HEMI(its a real one too (= ), the Jeep is AWD. The Rumble Bee SRT-8 isnt out yet and is going to be a very limited production car, probably only around 300-400 units built and sold. So I garauntee you dont see these buzzing around your town. The Daytona Chargers are rated at 350hp and have the 5.7L HEMI(really just a Magnum V8).

Good kill dude.

[sm=icon_rofl.gif]I saw one on the way to work yesterday It was silver I was behind him at a stoplight but didnt play with him becuase I went turned into a gas stationand I always see a yellow one parked in a red robin so dont go calling bs *** hole.
Old 03-25-2007, 03:50 PM
Deuuuce
1st Gear Member

Thanks all. Better to take a race vs. a GT than not, right? Because you never know what's been done under the hood!

The Superbee SRT-8 has been out for a little while. Just an appearance package and extra polished wheels and interior trim.

The Banana Yellow, TorRED, Sublime, Mango Daytonas are also appearance packages with the 10hp R/T package included. 350hp vs. 340hp standard.

Old 03-25-2007, 03:54 PM
06torchredgt

good kill , I would love to race one even though win or lose FUN
Old 03-26-2007, 01:03 AM
Norse1974
3rd Gear Member

Good kill man.I slaughtered an SRT8 when I first bought my 06GT.I got such the jump on him he couldnt catch me before I got to the end of 3rd-4th gear which is about a 1/4mile.Just goes to show what a driver mod can do for either car!
Old 03-26-2007, 01:40 AM
Clif Brohn
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Clif Brohn

+100000 bajilion
Charger ?'s

Good kill dude.

[sm=icon_rofl.gif]I saw one on the way to work yesterday It was silver I was behind him at a stoplight but didnt play with him becuase I went turned into a gas stationand I always see a yellow one parked in a red robin so dont go calling bs *** hole.
Nope dipsh*t, we're both wrong. Only difference is I was just confused and you're still a moron. THey only make Charger Daytonas, but are going to make a very limited amount of Super Bees. Thats what they're called, not Rumble Bees. Those are the pickups anyways. You have seen a Daytona Charger on a daily occasion. One with 350hp and some decals.

Heres some proof:

http:/www.automobilemag.com/auto_sho...ger_super_bee/

Quick Reply: New GT loss to SRT-8