Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Almost raced a Cobra (In Evo)

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 11:10 AM
Nvr2old32
2nd Gear Member

Default Almost raced a Cobra (In Evo)

On the way home from a Father's Day outing, I get caught at a light on a pretty open road next to the Ohio River. A few seconds,a very nice looking Cobra pullsup next to me.I look over and notice a younger guy and his girlfriend looking over my way. The guy started reving his engine at me and bumping the car forward. At this point I became depressed. Why?? I had both my girls strapped in their car seats in the back and my wife sitting next to me. I just couldn't do it even though the temptation was there.
The light turns green and we slowly pull out. At about 20mph the Cobra guns it and takes off with me sitting there twittling my thumbs. Aww oh well. Maybe I'll get another shot without the family one day. By the way, the Cobra was probably an 01 and looked/sounded really nice. I think I would have taken him unless he was a big time sleeper. The exhaust was definatly after market but that's all I could tell. Thanks for reading and sorry for no "actual" race.

Mike
Old 06-18-2007, 11:18 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

Default RE: Almost raced a Cobra

**waits for a story of a cobra 0wning an evo to spring up**
Old 06-18-2007, 11:37 AM
Nvr2old32
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nanaki

Huh? I'm sure plenty if not most Evo's get owned by Cobras, even some of the older ones. I've never gotten to race one except at the track and I don't even count those. This was my first opportunity but I couldn't take it with the family in the car. I was pretty depressed.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:51 AM
Buckman
3rd Gear Member

I think you did the smart thing, props for that. Family is way to important to put in jeopardy over a few moments of ego.
With any luck you will spot him at the track and then can get a real race in.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:53 AM
kennebell92conv
4th Gear Member

it was a good move not to race
Old 06-18-2007, 11:56 AM
MexGT
5th Gear Member

lol i hear ya, i hate being tempted when my g/f is going with me, she hates speeding so i have to let them go ...[:@][:'(] AFF !!!
Old 06-18-2007, 11:56 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: Nvr2old32

Huh? I'm sure plenty if not most Evo's get owned by Cobras, even some of the older ones. I've never gotten to race one except at the track and I don't even count those. This was my first opportunity but I couldn't take it with the family in the car. I was pretty depressed.
... i didn't think i was going to have to spell it out for you. it's called sarcasm. the cobra took off. the cobra thought you would race. the cobra probably thought you were racing. the cobra probably thought he won. waiting for a cobra story to post how he killed an evo get it?
Old 06-18-2007, 12:12 PM
Nvr2old32
2nd Gear Member

[/quote]

... i didn't think i was going to have to spell it out for you. it's called sarcasm. the cobra took off. the cobra thought you would race. the cobra probably thought you were racing. the cobra probably thought he won. waiting for a cobra story to post how he killed an evo get it?
[/quote]

I get you. Yeh, I'm running a little slow for a Monday morning.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:17 PM
doodad
5th Gear Member

his evo would be drivers race with bolts on 03/04 cobras, rest needs some good mods to beat him according to his track numbers on his sig.

Old 06-18-2007, 12:19 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: Nvr2old32

[/quote]

I get you. Yeh, I'm running a little slow for a Monday morning.
[/quote]

whew. i thought i was going to have to break out in song for a minute there.

wake up!