Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Blown 06 GT vs Blown C5 Vette

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 04:51 AM
MrRogers
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Blown 06 GT vs Blown C5 Vette

I don't think a guy who went through the trouble of having a s/c installed is afraid of pushing the pedal.
Old 07-28-2007, 06:15 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Why bother installing it if your not going to try and push the go pedal thru the floor board.
Old 07-28-2007, 07:11 AM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

nice work!!
Old 07-28-2007, 07:29 AM
F00Mustang
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: POWERS

When he pulled up next to me after the first run and i had beaten him pretty good i could hear something under his hood, it didnt sound like a normal s/c sound more like a turbo constantly blowing off but not that loudly. I then saw his guages and asked him what he had and said a SUpercharger, no idea on PSI or what kind.
That sounds like a Procharger. Those things are loud even at idle.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:48 PM
MrRogers
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: F00Mustang

When he pulled up next to me after the first run and i had beaten him pretty good i could hear something under his hood, it didnt sound like a normal s/c sound more like a turbo constantly blowing off but not that loudly. I then saw his guages and asked him what he had and said a SUpercharger, no idea on PSI or what kind.
That sounds like a Procharger. Those things are loud even at idle.
My friend has one on his C5 Z06. To behonest, you wouldn't know that he had it unless he popped the hood. They are extremely quite. The 6psi system is for the LS6 and the 7psi system is for the LS1. The C5 coupe with the procharger system puts down 500rwhp on average. So I doubt the he beat a Procharged Vette, come to think of it, the Vortech systems makes the same 500rwhp. The Sts Turbo system makes more power than both...I wonder what kind of supercharger or turbodid the guy have?

My buddies procharged C5..

Old 07-28-2007, 01:22 PM
POWERS
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MrRogers
My friend has one on his C5 Z06. To behonest, you wouldn't know that he had it unless he popped the hood. They are extremely quite. The 6psi system is for the LS6 and the 7psi system is for the LS1. The C5 coupe with the procharger system puts down 500rwhp on average. So I doubt the he beat a Procharged Vette, come to think of it, the Vortech systems makes the same 500rwhp. The Sts Turbo system makes more power than both...I wonder what kind of supercharger or turbodid the guy have?
I could have been mistaken when he said he had blower, he could have just been referring to Mrs. Rogers.
Old 07-28-2007, 01:33 PM
MrRogers
5th Gear Member

I could have been mistaken when he said he had blower, he could have just been referring to Mrs. Rogers.
Thats very funny kid...but now you have a few more Corvette kills to fabricate...lets see, you already said youbeat a nitrous C5, then you said you beat a supercharged C5..the only thing left for you now is a Heads and Cam C5 and a Turbo C5. By the way, how much hp are you putting the the tires Corvette killer?
Old 07-28-2007, 05:13 PM
simpsonfan13
ELEKTRO-FIDE Moderator

this DOES smelly fishy but as stated befroe could be
"AOGP" syndrome
500hp in a light *** car is nothing to mess with if you dont know what your doing

maybe he very recentlly got the blower nad IS still finding his limits?
Old 07-28-2007, 05:29 PM
jrc1122
1st Gear Member

nice race -- sounds like fun.

In street racing (Especially from a roll) -- It really is a drivers race on most compareable cars.

Got to start in right gear, go at the right time, shift well, and know what the race is upto (MPH)-- that way if you are behind, but pulling on him, He can't hit the flashers or brakes and claim a victory. When in fact you were pulling on him.

I believe you don't put a procharger/ supercharger/ turbo on a car, unless you intend to push the gas. <-- so that argument is a hard one to swallow.
Old 07-28-2007, 05:54 PM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

Thats very funny kid...but now you have a few more Corvette kills to fabricate...lets see, you already said youbeat a nitrous C5, then you said you beat a supercharged C5..the only thing left for you now is a Heads and Cam C5 and a Turbo C5. By the way, how much hp are you putting the the tires Corvette killer?
+1

looking at all of his previous posts... he never once listed his entire modlist, never once mentionedshortblock, nor the PSI he is pushing... to beat a supercharged C5 with a supercharged S197, theres no getting around having to invest in a shortbblock

not to mention.... who the hell runs into a juiced C5 and a supercharged C5 that actually wants to racewithin a 5 day period? [&:]

Quick Reply: Blown 06 GT vs Blown C5 Vette