Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Blown 06 GT vs Blown C5 Vette

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 10:26 PM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

Default RE: Blown 06 GT vs Blown C5 Vette

ORIGINAL: Sleeper05

Having raced a blown/juiced C5 at the track relatively recently, I feel the urge to speak up.

It was a C5 Z06. They are a mid-12 car stock, debate as you wish that is what they are.

The owner (who is an adament racer and mentioned about 100 passes at the track in his car) mentioned a few things that were quite interesting. The first was that, having blown motors in the same kind of car (whether THAT car or a previously owned one, I didn't make him specify), he only felt comfortable on 6psi with a Vortech while shooting a 50 or 75 shot, or 8psi without spray. This is with an intercooler, and all supporting modifications.

He ran 11.3 at 122 against me on a 1.7 60', with a car that was putting down 560rwhp according to the tuning done the week prior. He consistantly dropped the time that night (test n tune) and got it to a 10.8 at 124 IIRC, but most of his runs were around 11.2. He liked that setup, though about 20hp less than 8psi alone, because it was more trackable and consistant. He said he ran mid-11s all day with just boost.

This being a z06, I would imagine that the same modification to a regular C5 vette (non-z) would yield similar results, but 50-75hp less and about half a second slower, aka a mid-11 car when driven properly. This seems to make good sense considering a stock c5 non-z is a low-13s to 13-flat car.
so in other words you are saying this C5 is making 480-510RWHP.... where the stock block on a S197 can only hold 460-480RWHP on a PERFECT tune, and anintercooler, and methanol injection.... it still doesn't add up.... one of the reasons is he hasn't gave us a mod list... in detail... maybe if he did that it would let us undestand a tad more

Old 07-29-2007, 11:25 PM
MrRogers
5th Gear Member

Having raced a blown/juiced C5 at the track relatively recently, I feel the urge to speak up.

It was a C5 Z06. They are a mid-12 car stock, debate as you wish that is what they are.

The owner (who is an adament racer and mentioned about 100 passes at the track in his car) mentioned a few things that were quite interesting. The first was that, having blown motors in the same kind of car (whether THAT car or a previously owned one, I didn't make him specify), he only felt comfortable on 6psi with a Vortech while shooting a 50 or 75 shot, or 8psi without spray. This is with an intercooler, and all supporting modifications.

He ran 11.3 at 122 against me on a 1.7 60', with a car that was putting down 560rwhp according to the tuning done the week prior. He consistantly dropped the time that night (test n tune) and got it to a 10.8 at 124 IIRC, but most of his runs were around 11.2. He liked that setup, though about 20hp less than 8psi alone, because it was more trackable and consistant. He said he ran mid-11s all day with just boost.

This being a z06, I would imagine that the same modification to a regular C5 vette (non-z) would yield similar results, but 50-75hp less and about half a second slower, aka a mid-11 car when driven properly. This seems to make good sense considering a stock c5 non-z is a low-13s to 13-flat car.
Great points Sleeper. The blownLS1 C5s run morePSI than the LS6/Z06 C5s. The LS6 has10.5.1 compression and the LS1 has 10.1. So some ground is made up byrunning higher boost. Quick question Sleep..were his passes on DRs or street tires?
Old 07-29-2007, 11:30 PM
MrRogers
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Morbid Intentions

so in other words you are saying this C5 is making 480-510RWHP.... where the stock block on a S197 can only hold 460-480RWHP on a PERFECT tune, and anintercooler, and methanol injection.... it still doesn't add up.... one of the reasons is he hasn't gave us a mod list... in detail... maybe if he did that it would let us undestand a tad more

+1,

Ithink a mod list is definantley in order to futher understand this bamboozling kill story.
Old 07-29-2007, 11:50 PM
Sleeper05
5th Gear Member

I have no idea what you guys are referring to as a "kill". I raced the guy once, running a 12.6 to his 11.3. I made no mention of my car in the post at all...it was all about his runs and his modifications, followed by an assumption and projection of a C5 non-z with his same modifications. (50-75hp less refers to beginning with 350 rather than 405)

His mods were:
vortech at 6psi
50 shot was what he was running that day
long tubes/full exhaust
HUGE drag radials (315s i believe)
dyno tune (HIS car made 560rwhp a week prior to the track day)

Morbid--I never mentioned any c5 non-z. It was only about his z06 and no other cars. I projected what a regular c5 might do in terms of performance with the same modifications he had though. I never mentioned anything about mustangs at all.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:11 AM
MrRogers
5th Gear Member

We are talking about Powers kill story.

I have no idea what you guys are referring to as a "kill". I raced the guy once, running a 12.6 to his 11.3. I made no mention of my car in the post at all...it was all about his runs and his modifications, followed by an assumption and projection of a C5 non-z with his same modifications. (50-75hp less refers to beginning with 350 rather than 405)

His mods were:
vortech at 6psi
50 shot was what he was running that day
long tubes/full exhaust
HUGE drag radials (315s i believe)
dyno tune (HIS car made 560rwhp a week prior to the track day)

Morbid--I never mentioned any c5 non-z. It was only about his z06 and no other cars. I projected what a regular c5 might do in terms of performance with the same modifications he had though. I never mentioned anything about mustangs at all.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:01 AM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

it's because the thread topic usually stays about what the OP said.... I was referring to the story that got us here in the first place
Old 07-30-2007, 09:07 AM
POWERS
2nd Gear Member

06 Mustang GT Auto, Saleen Series VI S/C at 8PSI, 39# Fuel Injectors, Saleen Extreme Intake, Vacum Line Upgrade Kit, 90mm Mass air, FRPP Cold Plugs, Belts Gate Belt, Custom Dyno Tune, BMR LCAS, BMR LCA Relocation Brackets, BMR UCA, Eibach Sportlines, SLP Loumouths, O/R X-pipe.

You guys can't just take it for what it is huh? At the beginning the guy was next to me at the end he was behind me, Id call that a kill. He whined about not getting traction, blah blah blah, maybe he just couldn't drive, or maybe he wasn't racing at al land just drives up to random cars and floors it and lets off because he has turrets, then again he could of had a honda vtec swapped in with a supercharger, or most likely he could only find 35 octane and was running on 3 cylinders.

You know, i was going to buy a vette, but when i went to test drive one my dick was too big and the wouldn't let me. Said it wasn't fair to all the other owners or some bull****, can you believe that?!?!
Old 07-30-2007, 09:17 AM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

ORIGINAL: POWERS

06 Mustang GT Auto, Saleen Series VI S/C at 8PSI, 39# Fuel Injectors, Saleen Extreme Intake, Vacum Line Upgrade Kit, 90mm Mass air, FRPP Cold Plugs, Belts Gate Belt, Custom Dyno Tune, BMR LCAS, BMR LCA Relocation Brackets, BMR UCA, Eibach Sportlines, SLP Loumouths, O/R X-pipe.

You guys can't just take it for what it is huh? At the beginning the guy was next to me at the end he was behind me, Id call that a kill. He whined about not getting traction, blah blah blah, maybe he just couldn't drive, or maybe he wasn't racing at al land just drives up to random cars and floors it and lets off because he has turrets, then again he could of had a honda vtec swapped in with a supercharger, or most likely he could only find 35 octane and was running on 3 cylinders.

You know, i was going to buy a vette, but when i went to test drive one my dick was too big and the wouldn't let me. Said it wasn't fair to all the other owners or some bull****, can you believe that?!?!
so 8PSI out of saleen supercharger eh?

that would put you at a whole what? 420-440RWHP with the supporting mods?

as everyone has said before a supercharged C5 should make 480 at the very least to the wheels....

so your 3,500lbs 430RWHP (est) car that runs out of steam up high, beat a (around) 500RWHP 3,200lbs car that is all business after 2nd gear....from a dig.... and a roll

... nice kill
Old 07-30-2007, 09:28 AM
POWERS
2nd Gear Member

nice kill.....
Thanks, that means alot coming from an emo kid. And i thought you guys weren't allowed to be positive.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:35 AM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

ORIGINAL: POWERS

nice kill.....
Thanks, that means alot coming from an emo kid. And i thought you guys weren't allowed to be positive.
ah the emo card... the neverending topic changer when someone wants to switch a topic he/she gets uncomfortable with

and to think I thought all you wanted to talk about was your car... and when someone doesn't, you get upset.. so you should be thanking me

funny... by the way you type, stereo type, and your complete lack of respect for people "not" driving a mustang (because god forbid lol) you have alot of growing up to do little buddy

I think the story would be alot more believable if you talked like an adult instead of mentioning penises, asses of old lady's, and how long time MF members wives are "blown"

Quick Reply: Blown 06 GT vs Blown C5 Vette