Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

My Opinion - Why Mustangs are the PREY!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 09:57 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Default RE: My Opinion - Why Mustangs are the PREY!

I know exactly what you are talking about. I am proudly serving in the military and I've been in for 18 years now. When I first joined the military (1989) I wanted a Mustang (87-93). It didn't matter to me if it was the GT or the LX just as longas it had 5 liters.To make a long story short, I 've owned 2 camaro's and a Trans Am but in my heart I always wanted the Mustang. My last car was a 93 Camaro Z28. That car gave me so much trouble and it was very costly to maintain. I bought my wife her dream car (BMW 530I) so she said that I could buy what I wanted and of course it was a Mustang. I searched high and low for the Fox body type but couldn't find one that wasin descent shape. I found a 03 GT with low miles and and it was in really good shape, so I bought it. My wife's BMW rides like a dream but my GT is the sh**. I hear people bad mouthing the Mustang. I tell them all,"don't knock what you've never tried".
Old 08-30-2007, 10:33 PM
02vert
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jakeachy

i think most kids do rice because of a lack of a father or grandfather who passed the tradition on.american muscle IS dying out.
i dont think american muscle is dying. when i bring either of my stangs to a store i can beat theirs atleast 10 kids looking at them. take my son for example, he reads well tries to read summit jegs or any other american car mag. i have. he's 2. but i agree with you about kids going rice for lack of father figure.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:59 PM
radaman
3rd Gear Member

People assume that mustangs are fast and its one of america's racing icons. Funny thing is, the first thing people ask me about my car is "how fast is it"?. I reply with, "reasonably quick, but not quick enuf". Ford, chrysler/dodgeand Chebbies are the backbone of american muscle cars and put america on the map with their individual racing programs.With that history, there will always be challanges from within and from other companies to compete with and/or beat these automakers.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:26 PM
02vert
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: S8ER01Z

ORIGINAL: fiad06

Its sad because in 99 New edge GT's and Ls1s ruled the streets...there wasnt alot of cars that were faster than a 99 gt
cuz' lord knows LT1s were no where near the same caliber right? [8D]
no cause mustangs have a lot smaller motor then a Ls1. thats like me racing a vette w/ my 84, they got the same size motor, but they aren't the same 'caliber".
Old 08-31-2007, 01:17 AM
Zoie_daGT
5th Gear Member

OP: I think that is very realistic. Nice writeup. I think you put it in words nicely. I actually feel into the mustang thing by accident after riding in two. I was looking at Integras and Eclipses too. The pony was just too much fun.

nice Evo too. They are sick and will compliment the mustang nicely in the same garage.
[align=left] [/align]
Old 08-31-2007, 02:03 AM
Black GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bluebeastsrt

The last time I can remember a GT actually outright ruling the streets was the mid 80's when the 5 liter foxes were putting the beat down on everything.
The Buick Grand Nationals were pretty quick during that time.

In fact, the Grand National was the fastest production car made in the U.S. in 1987.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:51 AM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 02vert
ORIGINAL: S8ER01Z
ORIGINAL: fiad06
Its sad because in 99 New edge GT's and Ls1s ruled the streets...there wasnt alot of cars that were faster than a 99 gt
cuz' lord knows LT1s were no where near the same caliber right? [8D]
no cause mustangs have a lot smaller motor then a Ls1. thats like me racing a vette w/ my 84, they got the same size motor, but they aren't the same 'caliber".
Someone please translate this for me???

I thought we were talking about fast not about how small someones 'item' is....