Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Made a believer out of a GTI owner :)

Old 09-23-2007, 11:08 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

Default Made a believer out of a GTI owner :)

Okay, so maybe this is a bit obvious, but wanted to share any way. Was cruising on the freeway to a friend's house and about 3-4 miles from my exit I notice a 2007 black GTI with a early 30-something Asian fellow behind the wheel switching lanes frantically to get in back of me. I figure he wants to play, so I give my car a friendly goose and the GTI speeds up as well. I'm in the fast lane and the #2 lane clears a bit and the GTI moves over to get next to me, which I'm fully prepared for, and as soon as he
gets right beside me, we both nail it(I was already in third when he glanced over to challenge). To make a long story short, it was a very short race, I thought I was racing a regular Rabbit, I put about 6-7 cars and as I slowed down as I approached my exit ramp, the GTI owner honks and gives a thumbs up as he continues on his way. I guess all rice-rocket(kraut-rocket?) drivers aren't so bad, too bad my visit to my friend's house wasn't as sweet(he's a Raider fan and they survived to win as my Bolts tanked and lost as many games, so far, as all of last season[:@]).
Old 09-24-2007, 01:40 PM
scg87
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Made a believer out of a GTI owner :)

ORIGINAL: 05gtdriver

Okay, so maybe this is a bit obvious, but wanted to share any way. Was cruising on the freeway to a friend's house and about 3-4 miles from my exit I notice a 2007 black GTI with a early 30-something Asian fellow behind the wheel switching lanes frantically to get in back of me. I figure he wants to play, so I give my car a friendly goose and the GTI speeds up as well. I'm in the fast lane and the #2 lane clears a bit and the GTI moves over to get next to me, which I'm fully prepared for, and as soon as he
gets right beside me, we both nail it(I was already in third when he glanced over to challenge). To make a long story short, it was a very short race, I thought I was racing a regular Rabbit, I put about 6-7 cars and as I slowed down as I approached my exit ramp, the GTI owner honks and gives a thumbs up as he continues on his way. I guess all rice-rocket(kraut-rocket?) drivers aren't so bad, too bad my visit to my friend's house wasn't as sweet(he's a Raider fan and they survived to win as my Bolts tanked and lost as many games, so far, as all of last season[:@]).

Two things-

1. Since when the hell are GERMAN cars rice????

2. Be glad he didn't a chip and exh, you may have found yourself staring at his taillights.....
Old 09-24-2007, 02:16 PM
steele901
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scg87

ORIGINAL: 05gtdriver

Two things-

1. Since when the hell, are GERMAN cas rice????

2. Be glad he didn't a chip and exh, you may have found yourself staring at his taillights.....
i don't know of any cars that will make up for 6-7 car lengths with a chip and exhaust. that was a pretty stupid statement.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:22 PM
ModularMax
1st Gear Member

My friend has a 07 GTI with a chip/exhaust we go to the track his best time is a 14.0.... lol you import guys really grandour up your cars reading magazines wrote by 19yr old kids who just search the internet for there "facts" to write about

Edit: but i must say his stock time of a 14.8 loosing 8/tenths with only a chip/exhaust is quite impressive

oh and on the same coin put a intake/tune on a gt and run low-mid 13s

two sides to every story
Old 09-24-2007, 02:23 PM
scg87
5th Gear Member

Well, first off, the Stang shouldn't have put that much on GTI to begin w/. And second, you must not know **** about VW/Audis. The 1.8T and 2.0T shared by both brands, easily gain 40+hp w/ ECU and exh. APR's Stage 1+ kit for my A4 takes it from 170hp/166tq to 235hp/275tq w/ 93 oct. And for 1,000 bucks. I'm pretty sure 65 extra hp and 100+ extra tq will narrow that gat pretty damn quick. And those gains are for the 1.8T. The GTI's 2.0T responds even better. So wasn't such a stupid statement after all, look like...........

EDIT: Above post was in reply to steele91's post. not modularmax's.....
Old 09-24-2007, 02:28 PM
ModularMax
1st Gear Member

This is gonna turn into a flame war but put 1,000$ into the gt and it will stipp beat the gti with 1,000$ lol...
Old 09-24-2007, 02:30 PM
scg87
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ModularMax

My friend has a 07 GTI with a chip/exhaust we go to the track his best time is a 14.0.... lol you import guys really grandour up your cars reading magazines wrote by 19yr old kids who just search the internet for there "facts" to write about

Edit: but i must say his stock time of a 14.8 loosing 8/tenths with only a chip/exhaust is quite impressive

oh and on the same coin put a intake/tune on a gt and run low-mid 13s

two sides to every story

Your friend dropped .8 off his ET. Now equate those gains to a highway roll, which would be the GTI's advantage, and like I said, the gap is narrowed considerably if not flipped. I ddin't say the GTI WOULD win, I said it MIGHT have won. Get your panties out of a bunch.....
Old 09-24-2007, 02:33 PM
scg87
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ModularMax

This is gonna turn into a flame war but put 1,000$ into the gt and it will stipp beat the gti with 1,000$ lol...

It may very well. That's not the point. The OP was bragging (IMO) about beating a car lower on the food-chain than him. I simply stated "Be glad he didn't have ......." That was it. No flaming, no dissing. And I still wonder when German cars became rice, but whatever.........
Old 09-24-2007, 02:44 PM
JMD
6th Gear Member

It is not proper etiquette to dis a euro/rice car on a Mustang forum....
Old 09-24-2007, 02:47 PM
PolozLX
1st Gear Member

does this mean a GTI is ricey sausage?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Made a believer out of a GTI owner :)