Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Bikes ever mess with you or you them?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 08:01 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Bikes ever mess with you or you them?

I was cruising once w/ my bro. There was a group of bikes in the next lane. I was talking w/ one at a red light and when we started, I goosed it a bit. hahahahahaa w/o looking, my bro said, "Here they come, three...two....one...." zip, zip, ziiipp, ziiiipp, ziippp.....about six bikes flew by doing wheelstands hahahahaa. Fun to watch of course since I knew that I didnt have a chance.
Ha ha now that is funny!! I think we all have a story about the "zip, zip" part. Dude I can just picture that as if I were there. Niceeeee
Old 09-30-2007, 08:13 PM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

I raced a harley from a stop with my bolt on 04.... we took it up to 100MPH with me at his back tire, the problem was everytime he shifted I thought he let off and I would let off too, then after the hour and a half shift on his part he would take off again and I was like "oh **** he's still goin" and I would floor it again... judging by how long he took to shift I would have had a car on him or around there... it was a softtail BTW
Old 09-30-2007, 10:04 PM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

i try not mess w/ people on bikes, for one; there 1000x faster, second; i dont feel like killing them, & third alot of them if there young, are dum as hell. but i do have a quick funny story

I just got done "breaking in" my GT and i let my friend drive it for the 1st time. so where driving down this back roads at 2am w/ no one in site. intill up ahead on the side of the road i see two bikers just chillin/talking or whatever. & my friend like im going to rev at them. im like ok i dont know y but whatever; they just going to mess w/ us the whole time, so u have fun w/ that. so sure enough my buddy pass them while reving real lound and i can see them jumping onto there bikes.

we take a turn and gun it; w/ in sec's i see the 2 bikes takeing the turn fast as ballz w/ the lights flickering in the air, we take the second turn and we wait. ....waited...waited, no bikes. I was like werid; i hope they didnt crash; so 5 min later, its like 230am and we turn around. for one, were in the middle of no were and we really want to check up on these bikers. so were going and we see this two lights going really, i mean really slow.

Im like hey; those look like bike lights; ****; its them. but y r they going so slow. and my buddy like well i see two more lights behind them; the one w/ parking lights on both sides..no ****; a F@cking state tropper is following them, i have no idea where he came form. All i know is as we passed the bikers/cop, the cop hit his brakes ( i guess woundering who he should follow, the biker, or the stang at 3oclock in the monring, lol) but he stays w/ the bikes...lol, that had to suck to be them

ok, not a quick story, but whatever.

Old 09-30-2007, 10:57 PM
My Eleanor
2nd Gear Member

yeah ive had a couple of bikes try and bait me. wtf is the point? there is no way any mustang can keep up with a bike unless its pushing like 500+ rwhp. thats like me trying to race a mini van or a box truck.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:14 AM
05Stang4Me
2nd Gear Member

I would not mess with a crotch rocket, but I did run a Harley when I had my 4.0 and handled him easily. I have not messed with any bikes with the GT. Like someone else said most of them are young and stupid and it is best not to take the chance...oh and the fact that a sport bike will win.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:14 AM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

I rode sport bikes for years and most of the stories you guys are talking about are what the sportbike world calls "squids." These are the young guys who are just out to show off and do stupid things. They are the ones in shorts and flip flops riding wheelies to show off to anyone who is watching.

Personally when I was on the bike I never tried to race any carsbecause it was pointless. The power to weight ratio is apples to oranges. I do have 2 stories though for entertainment. One from the car perspective and one the bike.

When I had my R1 this guy in a modded evo kept messing with me. I had just gotten a speeding ticket and wasnt looking for another so I was staying calm. Finally we got to a long bridge here in FL and his buddy in the passenger seat was yelling crap at me so I said ok its on. Banged down 2 gears and pegged it. pulled on him like crazy and the front tire was skidding over the ground. I hit the crown in the bridge and the front end came up. I rode the wheelie for like a min up to what I believe was around 140mph and set it down. The kid was so far back I never saw him again. That was one of those times I wish someone was taping me.

The other is I had a friend in college with a turbo buick (87 T-type) that ran low 10's on race gas. Everybike weekin Daytona we would fill it up with 118 octane and mount the ET Drags. Nothing was funnier to watch the "squids" faces when the got spanked by a mid 80's luxobarge. I do have footage of that. Haha lol
Old 10-01-2007, 08:58 AM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MustangGT0405
I rode sport bikes for years and most of the stories you guys are talking about are what the sportbike world calls "squids." These are the young guys who are just out to show off and do stupid things. They are the ones in shorts and flip flops riding wheelies to show off to anyone who is watching.
I sadly pick them up all the time.. We've had 5 downed bikes here this year... 3 airlifted, 1 transported to Iowa City in a rig (3 hour trip) and 1 ...well... the guy that came for him took his time if you know what I mean.

Old 10-01-2007, 11:26 AM
Wally39
4th Gear Member

Just remember, not ALL bikes are fast. Some can be beat with a car.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:01 PM
tiretread

ORIGINAL: Wally39

Just remember, not ALL bikes are fast. Some can be beat with a car.
If you can get out of the hole first on a Schwinn, you probably got him!
Old 10-01-2007, 02:13 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tiretread

If you can get out of the hole first on a Schwinn, you probably got him!
LOL! Yeah, I put about 10 cars on them in a 0-60, .

Quick Reply: Bikes ever mess with you or you them?