Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

My pride? =( Got beat by a rice..

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 08:42 AM
Dorsil
2nd Gear Member

Default My pride? =( Got beat by a rice..

So last night Im driving home from a ricy car club meeting, that i know quite a few of the guys.. im on the highway heading home and a WRX rolls up from that meeting, and revs up and wants to go... So we slow down to around 40ish to give us space on the freeway...

were off... I drop it and bang out the gears to 120... all the while watching this car leave me in the dust.. and shooting serious flames out the tailpipe and i heard the external wastegate and boost out the ***..

needless to say he slowed down i cought up and was liek wtf are you packing.. "4 cylinder"

A thanks *** response back and asked what type of setup/boost.. needless to say he just kinda laughed and went about his business..

Clearly I need to spend about 8 grand, get a blower and full exhaust so that doesnt happen again =(.

*sigh* welcome to monday morning
Old 10-01-2007, 08:47 AM
RAYSALVAGE

Default RE: My pride? =( Got beat by a rice..

There will always be faster and slower cars than our stangs. But few cars sound as good, or look this great. Be happy you are one of the few, the proud that own a new gen. Mustang.(this coming from a C5 vette owner too.) myMustang draws more looks than the vette, so there.

Oh, by the way racing is for the track, not the street. I handle auto insurance claims and what I see from street racing is not pretty. Be safe out there.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:02 AM
TheDutchTexan
4th Gear Member

Don't feel bad... He'll have to swap his transmission soon enough... WRX trannies are made of butter... I know this because 2 guys I know had one, and used them for dragracing... And to top that off, your engine will outlast his aswell, 300 horse on 4.6 litres n/a or 300 horse on 2.0 litres (or 2.5 if it was one of the newer ones), you do the math.

I like high horsepower, but I like my cars to last aswell.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:12 AM
Dorsil
2nd Gear Member

im not one to race at all.. i just got cocky i guess thinking ha let me give this guy a little show of a stang.. needless to say.. ill not be racing anyone anytime soon because that was almost a pride killer lol..

lucikly for me having had a 90 AWD eagle talon boosted out the ***.. its not going to last for long.. =) so ill still be driving 100k miles later lol
Old 10-01-2007, 09:28 AM
aclass
3rd Gear Member

Dont feel bad, I was picked on unmercifully by one of these guys the other weekend and I backed down like a scared puppy. Saying to myself the whole time, "wish I had a Whipple"
Old 10-01-2007, 10:51 AM
SlideWRX
2nd Gear Member

From the pic in your sig, it looks like you still have a stock airbox, so i'm guessing you're stock? No suprise there. the WRX's are geared a lot shorter, and he had a large turbo in there, depending on how much he got ahead of you. We really need 4.10's to match the WRX's 3.90 gear for gear, due to our extra tall tires. Running on stock 3.31 or 3.55 makes this car a little slower. If he was really modified, he might be running an STi six speed, since it'll hold a lot of hp. I ran witha friend with a modified STi at the drag strip; we both trapped at 103; he ran 13.1 to my 13.8, partly due to the fact I was still in third, and he had to shift to *fifth*... and partly due to awd launch.

Tom
Old 10-01-2007, 11:14 AM
okbfd
4th Gear Member

Nothing to be ashamed of......a lot of those STIs are verrrry fast.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:21 AM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

I had a WRX get up beside me one time and I did absolutely nothing. I wont ask for an a** whooping on purpose!! lol My son's had told me all about that WRX so I knew it wasnt even worth dropping the gear and using the gas (this was before my 4:10s and other mods). Its like pulling up to a crotch rocket and taking off from a dead stop, it aint gonna happen, especially if the little bas-tard is modded up!!! lol

Good effort though!!!!!!
Old 10-01-2007, 12:09 PM
05slpGT
3rd Gear Member

haha reminds me of a story i had. long story short, we were in my friends stock v6, lost to a modded WRX, i was like pull over and let me grab my GT, he said "i beat mustangs by a full second in the 1/4". i laughed and told himto pull over but he just kept going, so we hauled *** and got in my car, chased him down, caught him at a light, he got my off the line but halfway through 1st gear i just started pulling. it was a WRX, not STi, but i got about 3 cars in front of him and "chunked duce" raced him from a roll and rolled him even harder. this also happened with an STi and i got whooped so dont feel bad. they can do good from a roll if set up correctly.
and to the comment of the WRX transmission,its the biggest POS tranny ever, i drove the car hard and went through 2 transmissions in under 20k miles. Yeah thats badddddd.
[align=left] [/align]
Old 10-01-2007, 12:10 PM
05slpGT
3rd Gear Member

meh, i guess that story wasnt too short.
[align=left] [/align]

Quick Reply: My pride? =( Got beat by a rice..